Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548779 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5730 on: March 10, 2015, 09:36:47 pm »
Factkin
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5731 on: March 10, 2015, 11:20:44 pm »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5732 on: March 10, 2015, 11:48:26 pm »
Wow.

So now "provable account of events" "Erases MY EXPERIENCES"!

Just when you think they cannot get more stupid.

What's next? Is one of them going to call facts triggering? Is one going to call requesting facts from them "something that triggers me"?

If anyone can find either of the above, it'll probably be good for a hoot.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5733 on: March 11, 2015, 03:07:50 am »

...Wat.

And now I just pictured Baghdadi fighting The Avengers while wearing Islamic Themed Power Armor.

Baghdadi: Fuahahahaha! Witness KALIPH! AND DESPAIR, AVENGERS!

You are the lamest X-Man ever.

Yes, including the guy whose power is having every language remembered.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5734 on: March 11, 2015, 03:40:46 am »
You are the lamest X-Man ever.

Yes, including the guy whose power is having every language remembered.

What about the guy whose power was that he could tear off his own arms? You know, "the Arm-fall-off-man."

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5735 on: March 11, 2015, 04:25:32 am »
Legion of Superheroes had that one.

They take anyone as long as they're "unique".

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #5736 on: March 11, 2015, 08:02:18 am »

Oddly enough, I see this argument a lot from people with severe bi-polar. They become so addicted to the manic highs that they stop taking their medication because life feels too colourless without the massive swings and the euphoric highs. Even though they dont even realize just how much harm they do to themselves and those close to them during their swings.

Its kind of sad really. I can fully understand someone with ADHD feeling the same. Being able to embrace something with the passion of someone with ADHD is something most will never be able to come close to. If only that passion could be maintained.

I do feel sorry for the people with bi-polar or ADHD. To function in normal society they need to take medication, but that must feel like being chemically lobotomized to them, like killing off an integral part of themselves.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5737 on: March 11, 2015, 11:12:42 am »
Horseshoe theory in action:

And the worst part?  She's not the only one.

This is fucking despicable.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5738 on: March 11, 2015, 11:43:35 am »
That's equal to refusing any random male American student because "high school football team rape scandals!"
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5739 on: March 11, 2015, 11:52:30 am »
It's also relatively easy to justify, though. Let me take a crack at it. Before I begin, let me state as a disclaimer that I do not agree with the actions taken by the Leipzig profprofessors, and only seek to try to understand their reasoning.

These students, these male students come from a society where rape is prevalent to the point where it seems almost encouraged. And while it's true that most Indian males likely don't rape people, one has to consider that the probprobability of the student you bring in being one of these males is higher than zero, and potentially even significant. Do you really want to take that chance, especially when by bringing in this student you're attaching your reputation to them?

tl;dr not all m&ms are poisoned
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5740 on: March 11, 2015, 12:10:21 pm »
Leipzig University, you really wanna bring up national stereotypes? You sure you wanna go there? Are you really sure you wanna go there?

I bet you like posting videos online of you rubbing your own shit all over your body.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5741 on: March 11, 2015, 12:58:37 pm »
Leipzig University, you really wanna bring up national stereotypes? You sure you wanna go there? Are you really sure you wanna go there?

I bet you like posting videos online of you rubbing your own shit all over your body.

Nice bait-and-switch there, MadCat.   ;D

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5742 on: March 11, 2015, 01:23:20 pm »
There are a billion people in India. There is a social caste system that goes back for millennia. There is ancient endemic sexism in the various and sundry cultures in the Indian subcontinent. All true. And there is massive, ongoing national public outrage in India, with constant media exposure, about rape and rape culture. A lot of those Indian protestors and socio-political activists are college age men. But, sure, go ahead and dismiss them out of hand solely because of their nationality.

There are also many people here in the US that are blatant rape apologists. I doubt any of those American rape apologist types would be rejected instantly upon applying for entry to the Uni because they are Americans. Maybe they would be booted from Leipzig for a bad tweet or FB post on the topic later, but.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5743 on: March 11, 2015, 02:05:14 pm »

And now I just pictured Baghdadi fighting The Avengers while wearing Islamic Themed Power Armor.

Baghdadi: Fuahahahaha! Witness KALIPH! AND DESPAIR, AVENGERS!

Actually, now that I noticed this one, it is not that bad.

They are just pointing out that ISIS is pretty much a black and white villain and honestly, they are the closest thing we have to a comic book villain (although North Korean leadership would be closer to saturday morning cartoon villains, if they weren't killing and torturing people all the time. They certainly have the same ridicilous plans and common incompetence.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #5744 on: March 11, 2015, 05:20:51 pm »
Horseshoe theory in action:

And the worst part?  She's not the only one.

This is fucking despicable.

I'm guessing whoever wrote the letter never saw The Big Bang Theory.