Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548763 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5820 on: March 20, 2015, 11:39:25 pm »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5821 on: March 21, 2015, 12:19:50 am »
...they are right? It is in fact unnecessary and not transgender inclusive. It doesn't mean the dentist is an awful person for not thinking about the implications of woman=has uterus, it's a common simplifying assumption people make every day. Nevertheless, it would be nice if people did that less.
Σא

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5822 on: March 21, 2015, 01:03:04 am »

Are they heterophobes for not dating straight people?

I would happily date a lesbian. I get the feeling that she wouldn't want to date me, however.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5823 on: March 21, 2015, 01:37:02 am »
Yeah, there's kind of a 'works both ways' factor, there.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5824 on: March 21, 2015, 01:58:38 am »

Are they heterophobes for not dating straight people?

I would happily date a lesbian. I get the feeling that she wouldn't want to date me, however.
who would?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5825 on: March 21, 2015, 09:23:03 am »

No, you're not being brave, you just being a narcissist.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5826 on: March 21, 2015, 12:02:31 pm »

Or...maybe they just have high self-esteem?  And, they do have a point in that society basically functions by yelling "YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH" at everyone constantly.  This may not have been the teacher's goal, but that doesn't detract from the fact that it happens and that there are several people, through no fault of their own, who could turn that assignment into a 500-page dissertation because some little pissants have decided to make their lives hell.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #5827 on: March 21, 2015, 12:19:52 pm »
Or it could be that before improvements to anything are made, first the areas that could be improved need to be identified. There is absolutely nothing wrong with applying critical thinking to one's self.

For the purpose of the assignment, bull shit. I don't like that I'm so awesome family and friends get jealous. Like at a job interview when they ask what your biggest weakness is.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5828 on: March 21, 2015, 09:48:36 pm »

Maybe they should name them after Idi Amin or Pol Pot instead.  That ought to round out the diversity requirements.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:50:32 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5829 on: March 21, 2015, 11:52:29 pm »
Muammar Gaddafi State College. I imagine they teach English to Lunatic translation.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5830 on: March 22, 2015, 03:49:11 am »
<snip>

Or...maybe they just have high self-esteem?  And, they do have a point in that society basically functions by yelling "YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH" at everyone constantly.  This may not have been the teacher's goal, but that doesn't detract from the fact that it happens and that there are several people, through no fault of their own, who could turn that assignment into a 500-page dissertation because some little pissants have decided to make their lives hell.

Worked as a teacher, solution to this isn't hard and doesn't require detentions. Negotiate with kid and ask for a topic they're comfortable with. Tell 'em that's fine but to bring the work. No wriggling out of writing anything at all.

Demanding that they write exactly that or get a detention is a waste of both your time. Better to reserve that sanction for when someone is being douchey or slack than just having a philosophical disagreement.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5831 on: March 22, 2015, 04:01:57 am »
<snip>

Worked as a teacher, solution to this isn't hard and doesn't require detentions. Negotiate with kid and ask for a topic they're comfortable with. Tell 'em that's fine but to bring the work. No wriggling out of writing anything at all.

Demanding that they write exactly that or get a detention is a waste of both your time. Better to reserve that sanction for when someone is being douchey or slack than just having a philosophical disagreement.

Could have just told her to write out her opinion on why she doesn't want to write the thing.

Somehow I'm guessing this was part of a larger group of questions, the kind some teachers ask on the first day of school. I know a few of my teacher had us fill out a sheet of questions about ourselves for whatever reason. Things like what do you like/dislike about yourself, what are you good/not good at, what are your hobbies, and so on. Or it might have been part of an activity about what someone perceives of themselves compared to how others perceive them.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5832 on: March 22, 2015, 08:11:56 am »
<snip>

Oh Tol, that requires actual work.  There's a LOT of teachers out there nowadays that are burnt-out husks that really ought not be in charge of anything more complicated than a bowl of potato salad.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5833 on: March 22, 2015, 10:38:16 am »
<snip>

Could have just told her to write out her opinion on why she doesn't want to write the thing.

Somehow I'm guessing this was part of a larger group of questions, the kind some teachers ask on the first day of school. I know a few of my teacher had us fill out a sheet of questions about ourselves for whatever reason. Things like what do you like/dislike about yourself, what are you good/not good at, what are your hobbies, and so on. Or it might have been part of an activity about what someone perceives of themselves compared to how others perceive them.

Now that would have made an excellent and enlightening day of learning. And if that was in fact the teacher's point, then the student was losing out be being so stubborn. Still, I agree with Tol. Sending the kid to the principal is pointless; let them just stay in class without disrupting, and maybe, if the lesson was of good quality, they would learn something of value, anyway.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5834 on: March 22, 2015, 12:02:31 pm »
http://flawlessxqueen.tumblr.com/post/114217356599/rudegyalchina-exhibit-a-of-why-i-dont-have-a

This is why we need All black schools with all black staff. Our babies do not need to be taught by the people who hate them.

No, you fucking idiot.  You need to fire the racist principal.