Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548501 times)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5835 on: March 22, 2015, 09:04:56 pm »
All black schools, huh? Didn't we already try that once?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_v._Board_of_Education
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5836 on: March 22, 2015, 09:36:03 pm »
All black schools, huh? Didn't we already try that once?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_v._Board_of_Education

[horseshoeing intensifies]
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5837 on: March 22, 2015, 09:48:33 pm »
Horseshoe Effect in action - SJWs now advocate for segregation.

I know its a Godwin, but I wonder how long it'll be before we hear of a SJW asking "How do we handle these damn problematic Jews? We need a solution."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5838 on: March 22, 2015, 10:48:13 pm »
Horseshoe Effect in action - SJWs now advocate for segregation.

I know its a Godwin, but I wonder how long it'll be before we hear of a SJW asking "How do we handle these damn problematic Jews? We need a solution."

I think that "final" will be in that quote when it appears.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5839 on: March 22, 2015, 10:59:14 pm »
I can do you one better:

"How do we get rid of these problematic, oppressive Poles? I say we dress up in pink tabards with rainbow (So they recognize us by our love) crosses and burn down all of their villages, brah. "
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5840 on: March 23, 2015, 12:24:00 am »
I think this effect is particularly obvious when people start taking 'cultural appropriation' too seriously. 

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5841 on: March 23, 2015, 10:41:45 am »
Ohh, it's too goddamn early for me to deal with this level of transtrender nonsense.

So much of the Euro-American understanding of being trans (or anything other than 100% constantly identified with your assigned gender) focuses on discomfort.
Could it be because, golly gee, being transgender is usually uncomfortable, even outside of the social stigma? That, even if we lived on a planet where gender roles (or even gender) were nonexistent, I would be deeply uncomfortable with my biological sex?

Some people take this idea to an extreme and claim you can’t be trans unless you hate your body and want every surgery available to you. As many other writers have said before, that’s not true. It’s perfectly possible to be trans with only mild dysphoria or none at all. It’s perfectly possible to be trans and have a mental map of your body that looks just like the one you already have.
Not really, no. No, I don't think someone has to seek out every surgery available in order to be "fully transgendered", but if you don't have at least a mild sense of "I'm uncomfortable with my sex/secondary sex characteristics", why is this even on your radar? (Oh, right: tumblr.)

But I’d like to push even harder against the idea that trans=discomfort. I’d like to offer this: sometimes the exploration of one’s gender can be motivated by pleasure rather than discomfort.

Let me give an example. Let’s say there’s a person named Cal. Most people think of Cal as a boy, and Cal’s all right with that. So far as Cal’s concerned, a boy isn’t a bad thing to be. But sometimes, Cal likes to imagine being a girl and being treated as a girl. Those fantasies are always accompanied by feelings of pleasure, satisfaction, anticipation, and warmth. Eventually, having had these thoughts for years, Cal asks people to use ‘she’ pronouns in private and to refer to her as a girl. Cal does this for another year before claiming the label “trans”.
Congratulations, Cal, you're a crossdresser. Or a fetishist of some sort. You can't sit with us.

Some people would say a person like Cal can’t be trans because there’s no dysphoria, self-hatred, distress, or even discomfort. There’s just a pleasure-based preference. But why is distress necessary? Why are trans people supposed to be defined solely by our pain and self-hatred?
Because while you're sitting there collecting identities/headmates/self-diagnosed mental disorders, people are getting murdered for being transgender. While you're playing privilege bingo, people are getting the shit kicked out of them for being transgender. While you're going through identities like the asian girl on The Suite Life of Zach and Cody goes through clothes, people are getting excommunicated, expelled, or disowned for being transgender. You're not cute, and you're not helping.

It’s my opinion that defining trans people solely by discomfort is an aspect of transphobia. The idea behind trans=discomfort is that being anything other than 100% cis is so awful that no one would do it unless the alternative were unlivable. Think about that: defining trans people solely by their experiences of discomfort means believing that being trans is so awful that only misery could drive us to it. And to me, that sounds like the thinking of someone who really hates trans people.
How fucking dare people with a medical condition (Gender Dysphoria) that negatively affects their lives talk about it as a medical condition that negatively affects their lives and not as a ~+*spiritual experience*+~ or ~+*pleasure-based preference*+~ in order to validate your fictivekin headmate's snarlgendered alter ego.
Sarcasm aside, if you're bothered by the fact that an overwhelming amount of trans discourse is some variety of "this sucks", maybe you could, y'know, do something about it. Sign petitions to defeat legislation like PLETT, donate to (reputable) fundraisers that would help vulnerable trans treens escape abusive homes (instead of/in addition to reblogging it and tagging "signal boost"), call people out when they say something transphobic, befriend and support people who just came out or are questioning their gender identity, something. Don't just play Privledgemon cards while mocking people who are genuinely miserable just because they don't fit or agree with your "I think I'm a [noun]gender [literally anything], therefore I am" ideology.

So I’ll come out and say it: sometimes transition or self-exploration of gender is not just about lessening discomfort, but is about improving and deepening the pleasure we take in our lives.
*sarcastic applause* Congratulations for being in a position that allows you to transition for shits and giggles to "improve and deepen the pleasure" you take in your life. Meanwhile I'm just going to be over here resisting the urge to cut my chest open with a kitchen knife.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5842 on: March 23, 2015, 11:49:17 am »
Aren't there some people out there in the SJW community who talk about how "oppressed" they are and ask people to give them money or buy them shit off an Amazon wish list? And the stuff they ask for is like videogames and anime stuff.

I have to wonder if they actually get any "donations".
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5843 on: March 23, 2015, 12:29:26 pm »

Are you fucking serious?!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5844 on: March 23, 2015, 12:43:49 pm »
Aren't there some people out there in the SJW community who talk about how "oppressed" they are and ask people to give them money or buy them shit off an Amazon wish list? And the stuff they ask for is like videogames and anime stuff.

I have to wonder if they actually get any "donations".
Yeah, I saw idislikecispeople getting called on that a while ago. I doubt they're the only one.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5845 on: March 23, 2015, 01:35:45 pm »
(snip)

That's a really obvious troll.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5846 on: March 23, 2015, 02:44:02 pm »
(snip)

Given that it says it's written by Patricia Hernandez, a well-known writer of stupid things on Kotaku, I'm not completely sure. Then again, images can be Photoshopped, so an actual link to the article would be a lot better.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5847 on: March 23, 2015, 03:00:47 pm »
(snip)

Given that it says it's written by Patricia Hernandez, a well-known writer of stupid things on Kotaku, I'm not completely sure. Then again, images can be Photoshopped, so an actual link to the article would be a lot better.

I can verify it's a shoop.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5848 on: March 23, 2015, 03:16:00 pm »
(snip)

It's official: Hernandez has entered the Tyson Zone.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5849 on: March 23, 2015, 03:52:07 pm »
(snip)

It's official: Hernandez has entered the Tyson Zone.
...Is that like the "Parody horizon?" You know, once a person or organization passes the Parody horizon limit no parodies or jokes about them can be sillier than the real deal.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!