Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548817 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5895 on: March 29, 2015, 07:21:07 pm »
http://godgazi.tumblr.com/post/114868375446

Gays hate black people?  No.  Some idiot racists on Grindr don't constitute the whole gay community.  Get real, dumbass.

And did you seriously quote yourself?  How arrogant can you get?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5896 on: March 29, 2015, 07:36:38 pm »

You're not just wrong, you're hilariously wrong.  There are countless phallic geological formations out there.

I believe the word you are looking for is "joking".
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5897 on: March 29, 2015, 08:04:10 pm »

Wrong.

He WAS considered a terrorist at first, but they investigated his home and found no evidence that his actions were politically motivated.

He WAS battling depression, it's a proven fact.

And the media is calling him a lunatic, crazy, deranged, etc.  The same things they call terrorists.

As for white people, I have to remind you that the media (correctly) labelled Timothy McVeigh and Anders Behring Breivik as terrorists, as well as calling the IRA, the Red Army Faction, and the Order terrorist organizations.

By the way, look up Gamil al-Battouti.  He was an Egyptian Muslim who intentionally crashed a plane into the ocean.  Other than a few trashy tabloids, the media largely viewed this as a suicide, not an act of terrorism.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5898 on: March 29, 2015, 09:22:44 pm »
http://godgazi.tumblr.com/post/114868375446

Gays hate black people?  No.  Some idiot racists on Grindr don't constitute the whole gay community.  Get real, dumbass.

And did you seriously quote yourself?  How arrogant can you get?

Nobody gives a shit what you call yourself.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5899 on: March 30, 2015, 12:34:52 pm »
So, radflakes on Twitter are flipping out because one of Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity backers made a joke they consider "transphobic".

The joke in question:

Yeah, I don't see it.  For two reasons.  One, there's no mention that the person he had sex with actually was trans.  Maybe he was just a very convincing drag queen, or maybe the guy had beer goggles.

And two, the butt of the joke is the aforementioned fool.  Seems to me that it's really more of a jab at idiotic dudebros who think they're the next Hugh Hefner.

But then again, when have radflakes ever let the truth get in the way of "Social Justice"?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5900 on: March 30, 2015, 01:05:45 pm »
So, radflakes on Twitter are flipping out because one of Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity backers made a joke they consider "transphobic".

The joke in question:

[image snipped]

Yeah, I don't see it.  For two reasons.  One, there's no mention that the person he had sex with actually was trans.  Maybe he was just a very convincing drag queen, or maybe the guy had beer goggles.

And two, the butt of the joke is the aforementioned fool.  Seems to me that it's really more of a jab at idiotic dudebros who think they're the next Hugh Hefner.

But then again, when have radflakes ever let the truth get in the way of "Social Justice"?

The "find yourself in bed with a man" reveal is a common trope that is used in a lot of transphobic jokes (see for instance: pretty much every sitcom ever). It generally implies that a) transwomen are really men, b) nobody would willingly have sex with a transwoman, and c) transwomen are predators going around trying to trick men into having sex with them.

Is this a specific instance of that joke? Not quite. But it's strongly reminiscent of it, it supports the underlying trope, and I can understand why people would have negative reactions to it. That doesn't mean those who wrote it were transphobic or trying to imply any of the points above (you could make a point for it being homophobic humour, if you wanted to). It does mean I can sympathise with people who find it hurtful.

As an aside,  who the butt of the joke is not the only thing that can be objectionable about it.
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5901 on: March 30, 2015, 04:48:47 pm »
Oh look UP not getting something.

Ironbite-wish I could be surprised.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5902 on: March 30, 2015, 05:10:52 pm »

Someone tell me who this person is. I swear, I am not going to go after them with three hours of dad jokes.

Because fatshaming upsets Ironchew, I'll do it more.

mediocre-queen
Follow

I love being fat, I’m so fucking cute.

Hope you enjoy it now. Because when your heart gets clogged up, well, that's when things get painful.

This is what a 6 foot tall, 350 lb double bellied woman looks like when she is sitting down and looking at her subjects.

And I can tell you what you're going to look like when you're suffering from breast cancer and heart failure, both of which have been proven to be linked to obesity.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5903 on: March 30, 2015, 07:01:34 pm »
Wow really Niam?  Really?  REALLY!?

Ironbite-ON THIS BOARD....REALLY!?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5904 on: March 30, 2015, 07:03:49 pm »
Oh cool, we're bullying people now!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:53:17 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5905 on: March 30, 2015, 08:25:05 pm »
Wait, why aren't people angry about the rape by false pretenses with the Pillars of Eternity thing?

Also, you are all dipshits for taking Ironchew seriously for even a second. Like wow- I've seen less idiocy on /x/ discussions of mind control trade organizations.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:48:11 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5906 on: March 30, 2015, 08:55:21 pm »
Also, you are all dipshits for taking Ironchew seriously for even a second. Like wow- I've seen less idiocy on /x/ discussions of mind control trade organizations.
What? SCM, you make no goddanm sense , Ironchew didn't say anything crazy and Bite and I are mad at Niam for bullying people for not thinking they look horrible.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:04:08 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5907 on: March 30, 2015, 09:05:00 pm »
My point isn't that complaining about bullying is at all bad, it was that Ironchew "complaining about fat-shaming" is a ridiculous thing for him to do if you know him. Thus, one must conclude that Ironchew is jesting in regards to the so-called fat-shaming.

As for Niam, kid's a sociopath- making it absurd to complain about his moral fiber.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5908 on: March 30, 2015, 09:16:09 pm »
My point isn't that complaining about bullying is at all bad, it was that Ironchew "complaining about fat-shaming" is a ridiculous thing for him to do if you know him. Thus, one must conclude that Ironchew is jesting in regards to the so-called fat-shaming.

As for Niam, kid's a sociopath- making it absurd to complain about his moral fiber.
Ah

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5909 on: March 30, 2015, 09:38:06 pm »
Wow really Niam?  Really?  REALLY!?

Ironbite-ON THIS BOARD....REALLY!?

The fact is, these people insist others need to change their personal beauty standard to accommodate them, when they're either making a token effort at getting better, or actively trying to get fatter.

That, and the "subjects" line is reminiscent of divine-kin and their belief that they deserve worship. They want people to look at them as just as attractive and beautiful as someone else. What people find attractive and beautiful is their own business. Its not a Social Justice cause, but a lot of Radicals are taking it up because "people's feels are being hurt."

That and - well, its probably my lack of empathy showing - I cannot see why people would be happy being in such a state, why people would be satisfied with such.

And if calling people out on their absurd activity makes me a bully, then so be it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:45:01 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer