Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1547712 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6180 on: May 08, 2015, 02:37:00 am »
How utterly bothersome.

Half the fun of hanging around Tumblr is messing with the snowflakes.

I don't think I will ever truly understand why some people enjoy trolling. I mean, literally getting joy from making other people angry or sad.

I guess its more or less just because I can. I can't really think up a better reason.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #6181 on: May 08, 2015, 06:23:09 am »
How utterly bothersome.

Half the fun of hanging around Tumblr is messing with the snowflakes.

I don't think I will ever truly understand why some people enjoy trolling. I mean, literally getting joy from making other people angry or sad.

I guess its more or less just because I can. I can't really think up a better reason.

The problem lies in that mentality, Niam, unfortunately.  "Because I can" eventually morphs into "I shouldn't have to face consequences from my actions because I'm free to do as I please like everyone else" and then you wind up with shitfucks like /r/theredpill, among others.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6182 on: May 08, 2015, 07:51:12 am »

Today I learned "poor" is a skin color.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6183 on: May 08, 2015, 12:06:48 pm »

Sometimes it's for the reactions. Sometimes it's funny to watch a regular poster over there at RR blow a gasket. Other times is because you get the feeling that certain people just need it.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6184 on: May 08, 2015, 07:53:19 pm »
I gotta admit, I never thought I'd see reddit of all places described as a "safe space". What's next, making 4chan a "safe space for discourse"?
It's on its way there already.
And this is a bad thing... how? Like what, do you like it better when places like 4chan are full of doxxing and leaked nudes, or when reddit has subbreddits like /r/deadniggers?

I never gave an opinion on it. I just voiced my opinion that it was amusing. It's like waking up one day to hear that Fox News got a new CEO who's going to make the news organization more liberal-minded.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6185 on: May 08, 2015, 08:37:35 pm »
I gotta admit, I never thought I'd see reddit of all places described as a "safe space". What's next, making 4chan a "safe space for discourse"?
And this is a bad thing... how? Like what, do you like it better when places like 4chan are full of doxxing and leaked nudes, or when reddit has subbreddits like /r/deadniggers?

I never gave an opinion on it. I just voiced my opinion that it was amusing. It's like waking up one day to hear that Fox News got a new CEO who's going to make the news organization more liberal-minded.
Oh

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6186 on: May 08, 2015, 09:35:36 pm »

I would actually believe there's a god if that happened.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #6187 on: May 08, 2015, 09:49:14 pm »
Or have we just accidentally tinkled on more evidence of a patriarchal culture?

While studying abroad in Kenya, I routinely took long bus trips during which the side of the road was used as rest stops. I routinely witnessed both men and women pee on the side of the road.

Yes, the women wore dresses and sarongs that concealed their lower regions, and, no, I am not arguing that Kenya represents the pinnacle of gender equality.

Nevertheless, women squatting to pee in public can be a cultural norm. Just not for American women.

Thus, here in the US, not only do men have the physiological luxury of holding it longer, they also have the patriarchal privilege of releasing it sooner.

Today I learned not peeing in public is part of the racist Patriarchy.

Or it could be because a toilet allows for easy disposal of fecal matter and urine.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:52:47 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6188 on: May 08, 2015, 10:00:17 pm »
Or have we just accidentally tinkled on more evidence of a patriarchal culture?

While studying abroad in Kenya, I routinely took long bus trips during which the side of the road was used as rest stops. I routinely witnessed both men and women pee on the side of the road.

Yes, the women wore dresses and sarongs that concealed their lower regions, and, no, I am not arguing that Kenya represents the pinnacle of gender equality.

Nevertheless, women squatting to pee in public can be a cultural norm. Just not for American women.

Thus, here in the US, not only do men have the physiological luxury of holding it longer, they also have the patriarchal privilege of releasing it sooner.

Today I learned not peeing in public is part of the racist Patriarchy.

Or it could be because a toilet allows for easy disposal of fecal matter and urine.

Peeing and privilege, huh?  I don't think I'm the only one reminded of this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmHekGAO080" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmHekGAO080</a>

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6189 on: May 08, 2015, 10:59:14 pm »
I have a feeling that Reddit, like 4chan, won't take any attempt to police the site very well. At most it will cause people to move to another site, like what happened with 4chan.

What exactly do they mean when the say "safe space"? Because due to people like those discussed in this thread, "safe space" has become associated with echo-chambers and hugboxes.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6190 on: May 08, 2015, 11:49:13 pm »
I have a feeling that Reddit, like 4chan, won't take any attempt to police the site very well. At most it will cause people to move to another site, like what happened with 4chan.

What exactly do they mean when the say "safe space"? Because due to people like those discussed in this thread, "safe space" has become associated with echo-chambers and hugboxes.

Admittedly, that was what I immediately thought of when I heard "safe space".

Tumblrina: I am sorry but your point of view is not wanted here. You contradicted the Hugbox. NOBODY CONTRADICTS THE HUGBOX.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6191 on: May 09, 2015, 02:00:03 am »
That's what I think of when I hear the word 'safe space' too, I'll admit. A place where dissent is prohibited, and you can be surrounded only by people who wholly support whatever opinion you may have, whether it be right or wrong.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6192 on: May 09, 2015, 02:56:39 am »
Or it could just be a place where trolls aren't allowed to spam rape jokes and insult people based on their race or sexuality and so on.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6193 on: May 09, 2015, 03:54:32 am »
I was thinking more "Bullying or rape promoting subbreddits are shut down"

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6194 on: May 09, 2015, 01:58:42 pm »

When "tucute" crosses the line from laughable to loathsome.