Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548718 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6360 on: June 15, 2015, 02:33:29 am »
So they're pissed at people who have actual mental illnesses and don't go around constantly waving it about like some kind of trophy showing how speshul they are? Bitch fuck you.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6361 on: June 15, 2015, 03:09:08 am »
So they're pissed at people who have actual mental illnesses and don't go around constantly waving it about like some kind of trophy showing how speshul they are? Bitch fuck you.

How about getting mad at deaf people who use hearing aids? Or getting mad at parents who get hearing aids to their deaf kid? Because both of those are apparently an attack against deaf people and the latter case in particular "denies them of their birthright."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6362 on: June 15, 2015, 07:33:34 am »
And don't even get them started on the mere idea of cochlear implants.

(My ASL course a few semesters ago had a unit on deaf culture...even the unpleasant bits.)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6363 on: June 15, 2015, 08:12:11 am »

I guess it's a good thing there aren't any deer your parents' basement.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6364 on: June 15, 2015, 09:17:58 am »
There's somebody on tumblr who's claiming that Chris Pratt's fake tan in Jurassic World qualifies as "brown face".  They've also apparently gone on about "invisible illness privilege" which I can only assume means "mental illnesses that aren't physically apparent".  I'm guessing they're comparing it to "white passing".

If there's any privilege in having an "invisible illness," I'm sure as fuck not seeing it. If anything, it makes it worse, because people expect you to act normally since you look normal, and are even more put out when you don't because, well, you aren't normal.

i'd like to see that person try to live with a personnality disorder. i'll gladly give them my paranoid psychosis and see how they cope with it. it's not a privilege, it's a major handicap that i'm forced to live with (most likely) until i die. i don't brag about it because it makes me sound like a serial killer in the minds of laymen. trust me, you don't want to have those.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6365 on: June 15, 2015, 01:48:26 pm »
And now for some good old-fashioned double standards:

https://archive.is/qZjoo

Congratulations, Ms. Stone, you made me side with Sarah Palin against you.

This article attempts to make a distinction between Josh Duggar molesting his sisters, and Lena Dunham molesting her sister.  It portrays Lena's interest in her sister's body as nothing more than childlike curiosity, claiming she merely looked at her younger sister's vagina when she was seven.

The problem?  That's not true.  The author fails to mention the "child-like curiosity" Lena Dunham had for her one year old baby sister lasted until Lena was 17 years old.  She would bribe her sister into her bed, and masturbate in front of her.  And the way she described it... it's even more sickening.  She was literally getting sexual pleasure from forcing her sister to beg to sleep with her.  She 'put on a big show of saying no'.  This is some disgusting shit man.  Calling it anything other than predatory is dishonest.

But then, why tell the entire truth about Dunham's 10 year history of creepy behavior with her younger sister when you can only talk about the time she was 7 and just showing her natural, innocent, and childlike curiosity?

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Duggar.  What he did was despicable.  My problem is that the media refuses to give Lena the same treatment, and that they (rightly) denounce people defending Duggar, while at the same time defending Dunham.

The only thing I agree with the author on: It's not a fucking competition.  There is no gold medal for the world's most prolific kid fucker.  It doesn't matter who's "worse", they're both disgusting excuses for human beings.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6366 on: June 15, 2015, 04:04:49 pm »
Hadn't heard that about Lena Dunham in that regard. Where'd you get the info?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6367 on: June 15, 2015, 04:24:24 pm »

She wrote about it in her own memoir: Not That Kind of Girl.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #6368 on: June 15, 2015, 05:37:24 pm »
(click to show/hide)

What is catharsis?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:39:27 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6369 on: June 15, 2015, 05:55:40 pm »

She wrote about it in her own memoir: Not That Kind of Girl.

Right, I heard about the stuff she did as a young kid from her memoir. I'm just wondering if the stuff stated as a 17-year-old is from the same place (and if so, where within the book) or if it was a secondary source.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6370 on: June 15, 2015, 06:23:49 pm »
(click to show/hide)

What is catharsis?

1. That image can't be accessed unless you're logged into the site.
2. Catharsis:

the purging of the emotions or relieving of emotional tensions, especially through certain kinds of art, as tragedy or music.

(From Dictionary.com)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6371 on: June 15, 2015, 06:57:46 pm »
From Stone's HuffPo post
Admittedly, Dunham writes about another experience with her little sister in which she tried to bribe her with candy and tried "anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl." While this is a joke in poor taste, and has been criticized as demonstrative of Dunham's privilege, it's a joke made precisely because she wasn't a sexual predator -- she was a little girl.

So, do I need to buy Dunham's book to read the part where she did this continuously until she was 17 and masturbated in bed after coercing her little sister into it with her? I just went to the Amazon page about it and found out from reader reviews that I maybe can save spending 13 bucks for a kindle version (fucking seriously, a dollar less than hardcover - market ebooks better someday, please world?).

(amazon review)
This is the first review I've ever felt the need to write. I first heard of this book due to it's recent controversy. I wasn't entirely interested in it at that point, though it did sound as though the author did some terrible things. My husband and I recently became obsessed with Lena's show Girls. I decided to give her a chance and read the book for myself. Anyone who thinks that this book is evidence of child molestation needs to SERIOUSLY WORK ON YOUR COMPREHENSION SKILLS. After reading this, I could not believe that this was the same book that caused so much outrage. I even read the parts involving Lena's sister multiple times, making sure I did not miss something. I loved this book, and I love Lena Dunham.

But hey, UP if you can find a free accurate excerpt from Dunham's book where she's going on about fucking and fucking up her little sister, that would be a great service to us all reading the thread here.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6372 on: June 15, 2015, 07:11:17 pm »
There's somebody on tumblr who's claiming that Chris Pratt's fake tan in Jurassic World qualifies as "brown face".  They've also apparently gone on about "invisible illness privilege" which I can only assume means "mental illnesses that aren't physically apparent".  I'm guessing they're comparing it to "white passing".

If there's any privilege in having an "invisible illness," I'm sure as fuck not seeing it. If anything, it makes it worse, because people expect you to act normally since you look normal, and are even more put out when you don't because, well, you aren't normal.

Tumblr in general takes this super romantic version of illness that just irritates me.  They take something that's devastating and pass it off like it's the best thing possible to happen to a person.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6373 on: June 15, 2015, 10:24:19 pm »

i'd like to see that person try to live with a personnality disorder. i'll gladly give them my paranoid psychosis and see how they cope with it. it's not a privilege, it's a major handicap that i'm forced to live with (most likely) until i die. i don't brag about it because it makes me sound like a serial killer in the minds of laymen. trust me, you don't want to have those.

The person involved does have a personality disorder. Their comment about invisible disability was about their own bipolar disorder.
Σא

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6374 on: June 15, 2015, 10:45:30 pm »

The person involved does have a personality disorder. Their comment about invisible disability was about their own bipolar disorder.

are you kidding me? she's complaining that she's "privileged" to have bipo? instead of what? a leg blown off? what kind of twisted world does this loony live in? it's tough enough to hide it and live with it, no need to wear a friggin' t-shirt saying "i'm mentally disabled, loathe me".

... this may be a sore spot for me.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯