Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548960 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #7110 on: September 28, 2015, 02:37:10 am »
Horseshoe theory in action, courtesy of ace tumblr:
(click to show/hide)
2: isn't it a bit much to declare the entire ace community dead because of a single stupid post on Tumblr?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7111 on: September 28, 2015, 08:22:39 am »
(click to show/hide)
2: isn't it a bit much to declare the entire ace community dead because of a single stupid post on Tumblr?
It's actually pretty standard tumblr hyperbole, expressing extreme disagreement and exasperation. Yeah, it is a bit much, but it's a pretty standard part of the capital-D Discourse.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7112 on: September 28, 2015, 08:49:31 am »
Kinda like saying the internet's over when someone makes a particularly asinine post.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7113 on: September 28, 2015, 09:24:13 am »

I can't believe I have to point this out but: rape and murder =/= one-night stands.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7114 on: September 28, 2015, 10:37:36 am »
Why does it say the source is Roosh V?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #7115 on: September 28, 2015, 03:28:34 pm »
Hel, I was professionally diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and am taking prescription drugs that wouldn't help AT ALL if I didn't have the disorder, and since I have to pay a $50 copay to see the shrink 4x/year, it's hardly something I'd do if I didn't have to.  Yet my father insists that I'm making up having an anxiety disorder "for attention."

Ouch. That sucks.

(was the Hel with one L thing intentional? Clever)

I've been typing that for years.  You're the first person to point it out. :3

And Ravy, my parents do believe in psychology.  Dad just thinks I'm lying about the whole thing--the psych visits, the drugs, ALL OF IT.  He's a lousy person, frankly.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:30:10 pm by TheL »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7116 on: September 28, 2015, 03:41:50 pm »
Hel, I was professionally diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and am taking prescription drugs that wouldn't help AT ALL if I didn't have the disorder, and since I have to pay a $50 copay to see the shrink 4x/year, it's hardly something I'd do if I didn't have to.  Yet my father insists that I'm making up having an anxiety disorder "for attention."

Ouch. That sucks.

(was the Hel with one L thing intentional? Clever)

I've been typing that for years.  You're the first person to point it out. :3

And Ravy, my parents do believe in psychology.  Dad just thinks I'm lying about the whole thing--the psych visits, the drugs, ALL OF IT.  He's a lousy person, frankly.

one of my friends (a real hippy type, him and spuki would get along perfectly) still doesn't believe i'm psychotic because he distruts psychiatry like a normal human being distrusts the irs. instead, he says i'm "thinking differently". which i am, but on a neurological level, not on a soul level. so yeah, i feel you.

(tmi: we get along just fine, but it's a minor disagreement at best, we never saw eye to eye on anything regarding religion, philosophy, or medicine. he's holistic, i'm scientific. no biggie, best of friends)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7117 on: September 28, 2015, 04:29:27 pm »
@L: Ouch, that's even worse.  Sounds like those fucks at school that thought I was just "acting out."  Funny thing, my dad...my fucking autistic dad, was the first to spot signs of fucking emotional abuse during my early school years.  The faculty refused to accept it, and thus, did nothing about it.  Its a sad day when a man who's been diagnosed with Asperger's has more emotional knowledge and empathy than supposedly normal people.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7118 on: September 28, 2015, 05:32:20 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KpdL8UuntA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KpdL8UuntA</a>

Somebody you don't like is holding a lecture?  Pull the fire alarm!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7119 on: September 28, 2015, 10:03:13 pm »
Lucky. Here, the cops woulda just batoned or pepper sprayed them all 3 seconds after the first warning to leave.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #7120 on: September 29, 2015, 08:25:53 am »
Quote from: MellenORL
Even Then, maybe wait a little while and check through posts from the profiles of people who made you angry in this thread. Every one that you cited as being wrong-headed or ignorant is in fact intelligent and fairly knowledgeable, very much including Damen and Ironchew and Sleepy, etc. Socio-Political views and personalities differ pretty widely around here, though, even if the majority range from center to far left.

That is a valid criticism of my conduct and I wish I'd done that earlier. But you know, angry posting has little room for things like that. That's not an excuse, I'm still in the wrong, but still.

Quote from: Ghoti

You know, I'm actually with you on some of these. Yes, ace and aro people are delegitimized and erased in society, but to call us oppressed on the exact same level as gay or trans people is pretty offenve. No, being ace doesn't automatically imply a respect of someone's boundaries.

Quote from: guizonde
i wasn't criticizing or minimizing the sources. i was listing them to show i had read your post thoroughly. however, blogs and the huffpost are more hip to the social justice plights around the world, moreso than the washington post, for example. therein lies the confusion.

Fair enough.

Quote from: Damen
If you thought that was anything but a jab at the extremes of the special snowflakes, I will offer my apologies. I'll try to better explain myself and I will cut out the snark for this post.

I am fully aware that asexually exists and is a real thing, as is aromanticism, but I take issue with, and mock, the people who misuse the label in order to feel special. Focusing on asexuality (because I am most familiar with that); to the best of my understanding, asexuality simply means a lack of desire to have sex. The snowflakes (the target of my mockery) however, believe that you can have the desire for sex and still be asexual. To me, that is on par with never having the desire to have sex with other men yet calling yourself homosexual and that is something I find offensive. And please keep in mind, I am not saying asexual people never have sex, I am aware that they do for a number of reasons.

Yeah, your wording was unclear on whether you were mocking the very concept of asexuality/aromanticism or not, but I'll concede that I didn't think about your post as much as I should've. I guess I owe you an apology too. No hard feelings?

Again, it's not like I can't see where you're coming from either, and appropriating homosexuality like that pisses me off too. And yeah, wanting sex with people for the sake of having sex with people and calling yourself asexual rubs me the wrong way too.

I can't believe I have to point this out but: rape and murder =/= one-night stands.

I usually expect this sort of "men are uncontrollable sex beasts" rhetoric from MRAs, myself.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7121 on: September 29, 2015, 09:49:29 am »
I just wish they'd decide whether or not men are mentally capable of ruling literally everything, or are what amounts to gigantic, ambulatory cocks that seek to penetrate anything warm and/or moist.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7122 on: September 29, 2015, 10:13:22 am »
I just wish they'd decide whether or not men are mentally capable of ruling literally everything, or are what amounts to gigantic, ambulatory cocks that seek to penetrate anything warm and/or moist.

why just warm? #justnecrophilethings
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7123 on: September 29, 2015, 10:19:52 am »
Necrophilia: sit back and crack open a cold one.

Even Then

« Reply #7124 on: September 29, 2015, 10:22:03 am »
more like #britishpolitics

...no, that joke hasn't worn quite off for me yet.