Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1547626 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #7155 on: October 01, 2015, 02:42:58 pm »
Quote from: Damen
If you thought that was anything but a jab at the extremes of the special snowflakes, I will offer my apologies. I'll try to better explain myself and I will cut out the snark for this post.

I am fully aware that asexually exists and is a real thing, as is aromanticism, but I take issue with, and mock, the people who misuse the label in order to feel special. Focusing on asexuality (because I am most familiar with that); to the best of my understanding, asexuality simply means a lack of desire to have sex. The snowflakes (the target of my mockery) however, believe that you can have the desire for sex and still be asexual. To me, that is on par with never having the desire to have sex with other men yet calling yourself homosexual and that is something I find offensive. And please keep in mind, I am not saying asexual people never have sex, I am aware that they do for a number of reasons.

Yeah, your wording was unclear on whether you were mocking the very concept of asexuality/aromanticism or not, but I'll concede that I didn't think about your post as much as I should've. I guess I owe you an apology too. No hard feelings?

Again, it's not like I can't see where you're coming from either, and appropriating homosexuality like that pisses me off too. And yeah, wanting sex with people for the sake of having sex with people and calling yourself asexual rubs me the wrong way too.

I was using the faux-homosexuality as an example of how I feel about the twats who claim you can have a desire for sex and still be asexual. I don't recall offhand if I ever saw someone say that about homosexuality, but after 480+ pages, I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up before.

And yeah, no hard feelings. My apologies for not getting back sooner. :)
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #7156 on: October 01, 2015, 04:35:59 pm »
Quote from: Damen
If you thought that was anything but a jab at the extremes of the special snowflakes, I will offer my apologies. I'll try to better explain myself and I will cut out the snark for this post.

I am fully aware that asexually exists and is a real thing, as is aromanticism, but I take issue with, and mock, the people who misuse the label in order to feel special. Focusing on asexuality (because I am most familiar with that); to the best of my understanding, asexuality simply means a lack of desire to have sex. The snowflakes (the target of my mockery) however, believe that you can have the desire for sex and still be asexual. To me, that is on par with never having the desire to have sex with other men yet calling yourself homosexual and that is something I find offensive. And please keep in mind, I am not saying asexual people never have sex, I am aware that they do for a number of reasons.

Yeah, your wording was unclear on whether you were mocking the very concept of asexuality/aromanticism or not, but I'll concede that I didn't think about your post as much as I should've. I guess I owe you an apology too. No hard feelings?

Again, it's not like I can't see where you're coming from either, and appropriating homosexuality like that pisses me off too. And yeah, wanting sex with people for the sake of having sex with people and calling yourself asexual rubs me the wrong way too.

I was using the faux-homosexuality as an example of how I feel about the twats who claim you can have a desire for sex and still be asexual. I don't recall offhand if I ever saw someone say that about homosexuality, but after 480+ pages, I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up before.

And yeah, no hard feelings. My apologies for not getting back sooner. :)

...Do these people not understand that you can choose to have sex without being horny?  Because some ace folks with non-ace partners will occasionally have sex with them, not because they're hot for their partner (they're not "hot for" anybody), but because they know it will make their partner happy and they want to make them happy.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #7157 on: October 01, 2015, 06:05:30 pm »
I'm not sure they ever really think of it in anything but the most superficial terms. Hell, I just know the periphery of asexuality and still know that asexual people will occasionally have sex despite having no desire for it. As I said before; to my understanding, asexuality is determined by a lack of desire for sex/lack of a sex drive. However, a lot of these people think you can want to fuck everything in sight and have an uncontrollable urge to get off ten times a day and yet still call yourself asexual through some form of mental gymnastics that only they know. Frankly, I think it's stupid and belittles/marginalizes actual asexual people.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Even Then

« Reply #7158 on: October 02, 2015, 04:56:12 am »
Since we're on this topic again apparently, I'm gonna say as someone who physically and viscerally abhors the thought of having sex with someone else (so yeah, ace cred on point) that someone who masturbates and still doesn't want to have sex with anyone is still asexual because they don't want to have sex with anyone.

Anyway, have a TERF (trans exclusionary radical feminist) complaining about cis people being called cis.

Quote from: tumblr user stopsayingterf
I thought it was oppressive to force people to define themselves in terms of an identity they reject?

Oh yeah, I forgot. That only oppressive if you’ve got a penis. Women are whatever men tell us we are.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7159 on: October 02, 2015, 09:59:25 am »

Mosh pits for wheelchair bound people would be awesome, would look like a Demolition Derby.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7160 on: October 02, 2015, 10:05:54 am »

Mosh pits for wheelchair bound people would be awesome, would look like a Demolition Derby.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RumpRDKATas" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RumpRDKATas</a>

handi-rugby combined with a mosh pit. that what you were thinking about?

also,

@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7161 on: October 02, 2015, 10:08:27 am »
I think that might just be one of Twitter's mechanisms for filtering out frivolous complaints.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7162 on: October 02, 2015, 11:37:37 am »
It would work better if "someone disagreed with me and that is why I am complaining" was a separate ticker from "someone was offensive" which can be a legitimate complaint. Unless "offensive" is Tumblr-offensive. In that case it could be either way.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7163 on: October 02, 2015, 11:44:31 am »
Oh please.  Lordkat was thrown off twitter for posting pictures of bread at some moron who can't seem to find the block button.

Ironbite-Twitter's reporting policies are a joke.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #7164 on: October 02, 2015, 01:45:14 pm »
Oh please.  Lordkat was thrown off twitter for posting pictures of bread at some moron who can't seem to find the block button.

Is there an alternative to Twitter?

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #7165 on: October 02, 2015, 01:51:09 pm »
Texting? A phone call? Real life?
"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7166 on: October 02, 2015, 01:54:07 pm »
Texting? A phone call? Real life?

The fuck are those?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7167 on: October 02, 2015, 05:16:58 pm »

Is there an alternative to Twitter?

Sure. You can always use Plurk.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #7168 on: October 02, 2015, 06:58:03 pm »

Where's Inigo Montoya when you need him?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7169 on: October 02, 2015, 08:49:59 pm »
WORDS MEAN THINGS.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.