Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548146 times)

Even Then

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #7455 on: October 30, 2015, 05:26:13 am »
Here is a sign from a PC/helicopter parent since we're getting close to Halloween.  Yeah, that first suggestion will be such a hit with the kids:
(click to show/hide)

I... don't really see what parents putting up flyers about being considerate to kids with allergies has to do with the concept of "political correctness". Or social justice in general.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7456 on: October 30, 2015, 06:02:41 am »
I would imagine anyone who gives out carrot sticks and raisins to trick or treaters is just begging to get their house egged and the mailbox shat in.

Even Then

« Reply #7457 on: October 30, 2015, 06:13:35 am »
How do you even shit into a mailbox? Aren't the holes usually vertical?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #7458 on: October 30, 2015, 06:54:04 am »
ok, i read up a bit, turns out that i was talking about biological sex, not gender. stupid language barrier. now, my curiosity is piqued. where does transsexuality (or is that transgenderness) come from? neuro or bio? after reading up, it could go either way. any idea?

Would it kill you to look on google fucking scholar.

Would it kill you to be motherfucking polite? Guizonde asked a fair question, probably on the basis of "Queen likely knows more about this than I do, therefore, someone to reasonably ask about something I have no knowledge of."

Be a decent human being for once, eh?

First, no, it is not my job to educate someone on any of this. If he wants to know, there is a wide body of literature that can easily be found on google scholar. I have my own life and my own obligations, and it is nothing short of entitled to think that I am here to educate any one.

Second, I already explained chromosomal abnormalities to Guizoonode. Beyond a certain point, he's just saying "I don't want to look things up, tell me."

Third, and this is simultaneously directed at Kat, is the post that this all stems from. Kat apologized and admitted that the pic doesn't belong here, that's why I have nothing against Kat. In contrast, Guizonode decided to argue a bunch of things he doesn't know, such as that the post is warranted here because Laura wasn't the paragon of patience and rationality, because she said "fuck you" to a conservative troll trying to dictate her gender to her. It didn't take that much research to (1) find the conservative troll and (2) find the context that she posted in. And instead of doing a modicum of independent research, Guizinode was content to dismiss my original post on the issue because I respect his woman. Nonetheless, I still looked this up for Guizonode.

So, three separate incidences where Guizonode was content to be intellectually lazy in less than a half hour, one of which while creating a bullshit double standard for transsexuals in which if we don't approach things in a perfectly polite manner, then it belongs in WSJ.

And you have no room to dictate to me what qualifies for a decent human being, Cerim.

what do you think i am? just another cishet shitlord

Funny, because I don't think it's my job to educate you when there is a plethora of medical literature available to you at your literal fingertips, I'm an SJW. I never said any of that. But, while I am posting, you do seem content to hold LJG to a bullshit double standard because she didn't handle a troll with kiddie gloves, or because I'm stating it's not my job to do your research for you, after doing two forms of research for you in a half hour. Like, seriously, at what point can I say "do your own research?"
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7459 on: October 30, 2015, 08:16:29 am »
How do you even shit into a mailbox? Aren't the holes usually vertical?
They usually have some sort of door on them as well. Otherwise, it would be a royal fucking bitch trying to pull your mail out of that slot.

Although, come to think of it, that sign was probably a prank.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:36:00 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7460 on: October 30, 2015, 09:49:51 am »
I say we just cut out the middle man and have a big-ass neighbourhood get-together with various kid-having families with obscene amounts of candy and horror movies, costumes optional.  Even as a kid, I thought trick-or-treating was...kinda lame.  Don't get me wrong, I missed the social interaction, but basically going door-to-door being the Mormons of "give me some fucking candy" just sounded lame.  Sides, then, you can have one area of the house for the kiddie party with chocolates and PG-13 scary movies, and another where the adults can get hammered and watch slasher flicks.  All the bonuses, none of the Mormonisity.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7461 on: October 30, 2015, 09:51:54 am »
Here is a sign from a PC/helicopter parent since we're getting close to Halloween.  Yeah, that first suggestion will be such a hit with the kids:
(click to show/hide)

I... don't really see what parents putting up flyers about being considerate to kids with allergies has to do with the concept of "political correctness". Or social justice in general.

It's not exactly "being considerate to kids" to tell every parent that they aren't allowed to give out anything with nuts, gluten, or dairy, which is what the sign directly states. Being considerate to kids would be having a second bowl with allergy-free candies. The situation the sign is describing is... rather more heavy-handed.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Even Then

« Reply #7462 on: October 30, 2015, 10:35:13 am »
Well, looking at it from that angle... yeah, it's a bit much to say that no one's allowed to give out those products.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7463 on: October 30, 2015, 10:41:38 am »

First, no, it is not my job to educate someone on any of this. If he wants to know, there is a wide body of literature that can easily be found on google scholar. I have my own life and my own obligations, and it is nothing short of entitled to think that I am here to educate any one.

Second, I already explained chromosomal abnormalities to Guizoonode. Beyond a certain point, he's just saying "I don't want to look things up, tell me."

Third, and this is simultaneously directed at Kat, is the post that this all stems from. Kat apologized and admitted that the pic doesn't belong here, that's why I have nothing against Kat. In contrast, Guizonode decided to argue a bunch of things he doesn't know, such as that the post is warranted here because Laura wasn't the paragon of patience and rationality, because she said "fuck you" to a conservative troll trying to dictate her gender to her. It didn't take that much research to (1) find the conservative troll and (2) find the context that she posted in. And instead of doing a modicum of independent research, Guizinode was content to dismiss my original post on the issue because I respect his woman. Nonetheless, I still looked this up for Guizonode.

So, three separate incidences where Guizonode was content to be intellectually lazy in less than a half hour, one of which while creating a bullshit double standard for transsexuals in which if we don't approach things in a perfectly polite manner, then it belongs in WSJ.

And you have no room to dictate to me what qualifies for a decent human being, Cerim.

what do you think i am? just another cishet shitlord

Funny, because I don't think it's my job to educate you when there is a plethora of medical literature available to you at your literal fingertips, I'm an SJW. I never said any of that. But, while I am posting, you do seem content to hold LJG to a bullshit double standard because she didn't handle a troll with kiddie gloves, or because I'm stating it's not my job to do your research for you, after doing two forms of research for you in a half hour. Like, seriously, at what point can I say "do your own research?"

ok, woah. firstly, i apologize if you thought it was a chore to answer questions. i don't find it a chore, i assumed it was the same around here. second, i did look it up. i was not looking for anything but your opinion on the matter. if you don't want to spend some time  explaining your opinion (not the facts, for that i can do some research, like you said), then ok, i've got it, you don't want to. no need to envenom the situation beyond that. i thought we were enjoying an intellectual discussion beyond the "look at what that sjw said". "how pathetic" that is so common for this thread.
three, that's where we have a problem. i did not dismiss the message. i disagreed with its form. disagreement is not dismissal. everything was coherent, and i understood it. all i disagreed with was the cavalier attitude to courtesy. i have on different subjects in the past. the joke about you respecting her as the queen of punk rock was that traditionally punks are anarchs, thus have no hierarchy. it was a poorly timed joke, but that's why it was in blue. i said that nobody is infallible (which is true, for instance santana believes that metatron will save the earth). so what? it's not dismissal. and yeah, i have a problem with badly constructed arguments. that does not mean that the post was warranted here.

the thing that stings however, is that it's not a double standard aimed at transexuals. that's my baseline standard for everyone. i always criticize the form if it's immature or vulgar and that vulgarity takes away from the message. i honestly have nothing against or for transexuals beyond what i have for the rest of the human race. they exist, that's cool. if they need a hand, i'll lend it. if they're unpleasant with me, i'll stop seeing them. i won't vilify them as a whole. i can guess from your reactions you've had it rough, so stop trying to fight me. i'm not read-up on that subject, not bigoted. i also get that for some reason, i bug you. fine. it happens. i'll stop bugging you from now on.

oh, and it's "guizonde". you wrote my name wrong and differently every time. if that was on purpose, that was immature.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:44:05 am by guizonde »
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #7464 on: October 30, 2015, 01:07:03 pm »
I was hoping Queen would have answered too, actually. Trans is really new and different to me. So alien from what I know that I would have a hard time even knowing what to put into a Google search, where do I start. With no non verbal cues to pick up on, for me only, makes it harder to start learning. So places like FQA are a wealth of information for me, someone with no real world exposure to any of this. Friendly faces, so to speak, who can explain enough to start looking for information.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7465 on: October 30, 2015, 01:31:21 pm »
I was hoping Queen would have answered too, actually. Trans is really new and different to me. So alien from what I know that I would have a hard time even knowing what to put into a Google search, where do I start. With no non verbal cues to pick up on, for me only, makes it harder to start learning. So places like FQA are a wealth of information for me, someone with no real world exposure to any of this. Friendly faces, so to speak, who can explain enough to start looking for information.

that's why i ask questions around here, so there's a written trace and helpful people to answer. and think of the guests and lurkers who read this forum, maybe we're not the only two guys with those questions. i don't want to be mean, i want to answer peoples' questions, in exchange of them answering mine. no tricks, no guile, no snark. just good old fashioned discussion. that's why i'm hurt by queen's tone. i thought i was doing nothing wrong.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #7466 on: October 30, 2015, 03:55:57 pm »
You aren't doing anything wrong, Guizonde.  Not then, and not now.  Rest easy, in that regard.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7467 on: October 30, 2015, 04:29:50 pm »
I really, really, really hate that phrase "I'm not here to educate you".  Just reminds me of the more rabid SJWs out there.  And yes, yes you are here to educate us despite a vast ocean of knowledge we can swim through.  Why?  Because that's what humans do.  Educate one another.

Ironbite-and that's fine by me.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7468 on: October 30, 2015, 07:19:09 pm »
I really, really, really hate that phrase "I'm not here to educate you".  Just reminds me of the more rabid SJWs out there.  And yes, yes you are here to educate us despite a vast ocean of knowledge we can swim through.  Why?  Because that's what humans do.  Educate one another.

This tbh fam. Making a proclamation then demanding somebody do some google research when they ask you questions is pretty shitty. 99% of the time people aren't asking you questions out of spite. they just would like to understand your side of things.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #7469 on: October 30, 2015, 07:32:00 pm »

And you know what, I wouldn't mind it if guizonode (or however it is spelled) was like, "hey, I looked into this for 30 minutes and couldn't find anything." At least there would be an honest effort put forth. But, on to address your point, you're absolutely wrong. Nobody is entitled to a conversation or information session with anyone. That is why law firms charge money instead of working as a public service.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?