Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1547403 times)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8580 on: June 21, 2016, 01:23:46 am »
Honestly, what bothers me most is the anti-zoo aspect. Zoos are important for scientific understanding, both among scientists and the general public, and have been integral to preventing the extinction of several species, including the scimitar-horned Oryx, the California Condor, and the Mongolian Wild Horse.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Even Then

« Reply #8581 on: June 21, 2016, 01:56:00 am »
...touche.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8582 on: June 21, 2016, 09:25:29 am »
That, and militant vegans have a disconnect where they don't see humans as another species of animal.  We should act better because we're special.  Yet, they're probably also part of (or would claim to be part of) the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement.  Basically, militant vegans have spent so long being malnourished that their brains are about as shriveled and useless as a raisin that's been left out in the Sahara.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8583 on: June 21, 2016, 03:25:49 pm »
The other day I fried up some bacon, then grilled burgers in the bacon juices, then put the bacon on top of the burgers.

You monster.

Ironbite-you didn't invite me over for some.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8584 on: June 21, 2016, 10:27:25 pm »
I am so ready to open a vegan restaurant.

Ok, so a burger place serves burgers, steak place steak, sushi sushi. Yeah, I want to open a vegan joint.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #8585 on: June 21, 2016, 10:32:49 pm »
I only eat free range vegans.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8586 on: June 21, 2016, 10:42:02 pm »
It looks like I'll be moving out to Colorado Springs, CO by the end of the year. So wild caught hippie might be doable.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8587 on: June 21, 2016, 10:43:18 pm »
It looks like I'll be moving out to Colorado Springs, CO by the end of the year. So wild caught hippie might be doable.

Pot-smoked hippie?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #8588 on: June 21, 2016, 10:43:50 pm »
You might have to worm it and clean it before cooking

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8589 on: June 21, 2016, 11:01:37 pm »
Well, welcome to Colorado, even if you're ending up in one of the shittiest parts of the state.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8590 on: June 29, 2016, 05:10:29 pm »
https://www.yahoo.com/style/critics-are-calling-out-disney-1460766368210998.html

When Moana is released on November 23, 2016, the title character will be the first Disney princess of Polynesian descent. However, the look of the heroine’s sidekick, the demigod Maui, is creating a firestorm of criticism months before the film’s release.

According to New Zealand politician Jenny Salesa, the body shape of Maui is cause for concern. “When we look at photos of Polynesian men and women from the last 100-200 years, most of our people were not overweight and this negative stereotype of Maui is just not acceptable,” she writes on Facebook. “No thanks to Disney.”

Salesa calls Maui’s depiction “obese,” and thinks children might get the wrong message about their bodies. “The environment our kids grow up in and what they are exposed to have a role to play. Disney movies are very influential on our children. It is great that Moana is the lead. However, it is disappointing that Maui, one of our beloved historical ancestors from hundreds of years ago, who was a very strong man [and] a skilled navigator, is depicted to be so overweight in this kids’ movie.”

Overweight?  Because to me, he looks like a powerlifter (or at least a caricature of one):

They're wide, certainly, but not flabby.  How many powerlifters are built like Dwayne Johnson or Jason Momoa?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:16:56 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8591 on: June 30, 2016, 01:15:00 am »
Yeah, heavy doesn't necessarily mean unfit. It would be oh so easy to turn the tables on this particular group of whingers and accuse them of promoting unhealthy body image myths. Sure someone'll think of it. Make for a fun little flamewar.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8592 on: June 30, 2016, 09:45:57 am »
Also has anyone really taken a look at the average Samoan?  Like a real look?  Cause most Samoans come in all sorts of body types.  From the super thick, super huge guys like Rikishi to the skinny but still built like brick shithouses that are Rock/Roman Reigns.  And everything in between.  I think it just depends on what part of the island you were born on.  I'm not really seeing anything bad about Maui other then he looks like one of those professional wrestlers I just mentioned.

Ironbite-heading towards Rikishi rather then the Usos.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8593 on: July 02, 2016, 01:02:59 am »
To be fair I totally manipulate that I can say fag and straight people can't. It's so stupid.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:48:00 pm by Hofstadter's Tortoise »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8594 on: July 02, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »
What do you think about safe, consensual BDSM? Where both parties have receive sexual pleasure from the acts being preformed. Not talking about rape BDSM, just like slapping and handcuffs and stuff.

BDSM romanticizes physical abuse and power imbalances within relationships to a dangerous point. Regardless of whether it is consensual or not, it is still harmful.

To borrow from bbrightstar:

“The WORST part is women buy into this shit and don’t think 50 Shades represents the fundamental roles *that BDSM is built upon* which are utilized to indoctrinate women into the oppressed class on a global scale. This is the reality for females regardless of whether or not they “consent”. You cannot have “equality” let alone liberation when you celebrate toxic systems of masculinity and femininity, powerful and powerless, rapist and raped, abuser and abused, dominance and submission, masochism and sadomasochism, oppressor and oppressed. ”

Because femdom doesn't exist.  And lesbians never practice BDSM.