Author Topic: Biden Accused of Inappropriate Touching  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
Biden Accused of Inappropriate Touching
« on: April 01, 2019, 11:38:26 pm »
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/01/joe-biden-second-woman-touching-1246875

Whatever the truth about these allegations is, the "Creepy Uncle Joe" crowd is going to have a field day.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Biden Accused of Inappropriate Touching
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:22:00 am »
Remember, it's OK to brag about sexually assaulting women as long as you're a Repugnantan and not a Demoncrat.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 10:22:10 am »
Joe Biden is 77 years old. He might have been a decent vice president who was prone to gaffes but I really don't want him near the white house at his age. These allegations would give Republicans a field day against him.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 11:37:35 am »
Joe Biden is 77 years old. He might have been a decent vice president who was prone to gaffes but I really don't want him near the white house at his age. These allegations would give Republicans a field day against him.

It's not like this is the first time these sorts of things have been said about Biden. The Republicans would have had a field day with him no matter what.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 01:17:09 pm »
 Yeah, which is why Biden shouldn't run for president. Republicans will accuse Democrats for failing to take the moral high ground.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 03:13:57 pm »
They'll do that no matter what.  Shit, if I ran for President, they'd no doubt crow on about me "living in sin" with my fiancee (by then wife) for several years, assuming (correctly) that we fucked eachother brainless out of wedlock whenever feasible.  Never mind that I don't have so much as a speeding ticket on my record.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 03:24:59 pm »
The Republicans will take any little thing and try and make it as the defining character trait of any nominee.  This is what they do.  I also agree that Biden should not be running.  He had his chance in 2008 and could've made a run in 2016.  Time to step aside there Creepy Uncle Joe.

Ironbite-throw support for somebody else.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 05:42:33 pm »
Biden would be crazy not to make a run, though. He's leading in many polls and could (I think) attract a lot of the same support Hillary Clinton did, so he'd have a decent chance of leaving anyone, even Sanders, in the dust early. (Though things will be different with the primary schedule changing again, of course--California is back on Super Tuesday this time around.)

Should he run? No. Will he? Very probably.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 05:18:11 am »
The longer he continues to waffle about running or not the worse I think it will be for him when he actually does enter. He'll be far behind and his first move now is going to have to be to explain his side while being respectful to his accusers. If he fucks up any of this at any point he'll probably just retire to a mildly to moderately disgraced but peaceful final decade or so of life.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 01:49:36 pm »
I don't think he'll be that far behind should he announce, simply because of name recognition. Most of the candidates this time around are pretty new on the national scene (eg Harris), or, even if they'd been around for a while, didn't have great name recognition until recently (eg Sanders). Maybe Warren is the best of the lot on that front, and even then she didn't make a mark until Dodd-Frank, thanks to her getting the CFPB in there.

Biden's been a figure in national US politics for decades, so he starts from the front as far as "I know that name" is concerned.

Plus his presence in national politics for so long means he's built up a huge network, so raising money shouldn't be too much of an issue, unless all those big donors have already fully cast their lot in with others like O'Rourke or Harris, perhaps.