Author Topic: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate  (Read 34686 times)

Even Then

Re: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2016, 03:45:22 am »
So if I were sexually attracted to anything at all, this post would be it. I am now Askoldragesexual. (Seriously, I appreciate when people express emotion in their posts. It makes it seem more... real? Close? Whatever, y'all know what I mean.)

Also I love how these people think not allowing them to be bigoted in a video game is "forcing a viewpoint on them". Reflects more poorly on them than on the game.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2016, 04:41:03 am »
Uh-huh...see, I could care less that it involves a transgender character. Anyone who's watched Ranma 1/2 or Birdy the Mighty wouldn't think much of that. It's that it was poorly done, and even then, you can work through that. Call me back if there's something relevant.

Otherwise, this is a waste of time..

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2016, 05:27:42 am »
I don't remember people being this hung up about Birdo.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2016, 05:53:35 am »

...Yes, now it is all clear.

People may hate you and wish to kill you because of your sexuality, colour of skin or because you are not cis-gender. But this is merely something that you should "get over" with. Don't try to make people accept you as who you are or demand representation in media because that might make some people feeel "awkward" or "uncomfortable" and that is unacceptable while your mistreatment is merely a fact of life that must not be changed in any way.

Now I am going to go throw up.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2016, 07:35:25 am »
Games are one type of media, there are people in history who complained about politics they didn't like existing in books they might read. Didn't lead anywhere good.

Even Then

« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2016, 07:42:32 am »
Uh-huh...see, I could care less that it involves a transgender character. Anyone who's watched Ranma 1/2 or Birdy the Mighty wouldn't think much of that. It's that it was poorly done, and even then, you can work through that. Call me back if there's something relevant.

Otherwise, this is a waste of time..

I'll bite. How was it poorly done? (Keep in mind that the "she instantly comes out to you and her character is entirely about her being trans" refrain brought out by social conservatives is, as has been demonstrated, factually incorrect.)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2016, 12:32:13 pm »
What was written:

Mizhena: I am Mizhena, faithful of Tempus. Praise be to the Lord of Battles!
Maivyn Auvrea: Mizhena? That’s an unusual name. I don’t think I’ve heard it before. 
Mizhena: I created the name myself several years ago. My birth name proved unsuitable.
Maivyn Auvrea: What was wrong with your old name?
Mizhena: When I was born, my parents thought me a boy and raised me as such. In time, we all came to understand I was truly a woman. I created my new name from syllables of different languages. All have special meaning to me; it is the truest reflection of who I am.
Maivyn Auvrea: I have to be going now.
Mizhena: Fight well, friend!

What was read:

Mizhena: I am Mizhena, faithful SJW lobbyist and sex slave of Tempus. Praise be to the Lord of LGBT Battles!
Maivyn Auvrea: Mizhena? That’s an unusual name. I don’t think I’ve heard it before. Sounds really ghey.
Mizhena: I created the name myself several years ago. Now it's my street name when I'm working this kiosk. My birth name proved unsuitable.
Maivyn Auvrea: What was wrong with your old name?
Mizhena: When I was born, my parents thought me a boy and raised me as such. In time, we all came to understand I was truly a woman. I created my new name from syllables of different languages. All have special meaning to me; it is the truest reflection of who I am. Otherwise, how could I snare you and hamfist it down your throat if I went by George?
Maivyn Auvrea: I have to be going now.
Mizhena: WAIT! I have to finish reading you the Agenda! It's in my union contract!...Oh, well. He got away....This Time (heh heh). Fight well, friend!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2016, 12:36:47 pm »
So I'm not a gamer. Like at all. The last video game I was into was Doom 3 from when back when computers were networked. So it's UP and his Just Us League the norm or just some small little enclave of cry babies?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2016, 12:42:07 pm »
Very, very loud, bearded Cry-Puppy-Monkey-Babies with flame war torches and Twitter pitchforks, and doxxing skillz, sometimes.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.