Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463167 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7215 on: June 07, 2018, 10:12:16 am »
Guild Wars 2 has a dearth of simple, good-looking rifle skins.  That is all.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7216 on: June 07, 2018, 10:25:32 am »

Haven't played it yet, but I'll take your word for it.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7217 on: June 07, 2018, 10:28:53 am »
Also, Piranha Bytes have been basically making and releasing the same game over and over again since 1997. Most of their fans (myself somewhat included) are perfectly okay with this.

Hey, if Nintendo can get away with it, then so can these guys.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7218 on: June 07, 2018, 11:43:03 am »

Haven't played it yet, but I'll take your word for it.

I quite recommend it.  Dearth of good rifles aside, it is the second most engrossing MMO I've played.  After Ultima Online, of course.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7219 on: June 09, 2018, 11:30:00 am »
I've actually gained a newfound appreciation for GTA IV lately. Needy NPCs aside, the game really captures the late 2000's. That era when smartphones weren't quite there yet, people would pay actual money for ring tones (still a stupid thing to do even back then, don't get me wrong), "Web 2.0" was a relevant buzzword (technically two buzzwords) and everyone still did all of their internetting on computers.

Ah, how times have changed.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7220 on: June 09, 2018, 03:24:16 pm »
E3 has started and EA is up first.

Ironbikte-and has pissed off the world again.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7221 on: June 12, 2018, 12:10:57 am »
There's a petition calling for Fortnite to be banned in Australia. Why is a country that was founded as a penal colony such a damned nanny state?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7222 on: June 12, 2018, 01:01:19 am »
Started by the developers of Realm Royale, no doubt.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7223 on: June 12, 2018, 09:14:22 am »
My bet's on PUBG, in yet another striking case of "biting the hand that feeds."  Ey, Blue Hole Entertainment!  I suggest you ask the previous people that tried to sue Epic what happened to them when they did that while working on a game using the Unreal Engine.  Gonna have to hunt 'em down, though, because if memory serves, they dissolved after Epic revoked their license.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7224 on: June 12, 2018, 02:30:35 pm »
Team Ninja said Dead or Alive 6 will tone down the over sexualisation of the female characters...and then later they said they're not ruling out having the same types of costumes from DoA5.  SO they basically were just lying...like they did with 5.  When 5 was first announced they made it look a lot like they were going to tone down the sexualisation and..well look how that turned out in the end.  Fuck sake Team Ninja, the first DoA came out in 1996; the fans have grown up, why haven't you?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7225 on: June 12, 2018, 03:33:36 pm »
Team Ninja said Dead or Alive 6 will tone down the over sexualisation of the female characters...and then later they said they're not ruling out having the same types of costumes from DoA5.  SO they basically were just lying...like they did with 5.  When 5 was first announced they made it look a lot like they were going to tone down the sexualisation and..well look how that turned out in the end.  Fuck sake Team Ninja, the first DoA came out in 1996; the fans have grown up, why haven't you?

What are you upset about? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like they're letting the player choose how sexualized they want the characters to be.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #7226 on: June 12, 2018, 04:25:08 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ironbite-god you're an idiot.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7227 on: June 12, 2018, 05:11:23 pm »

What are you upset about? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like they're letting the player choose how sexualized they want the characters to be.

Is...is that a joke?  You can't be serious surely?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7228 on: June 12, 2018, 05:29:33 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ironbite-god you're an idiot.

Insults, name-calling, violent disagreement and other such things are allowed in Flame and Burn, and only there. Don't post it elsewhere.

Is...is that a joke?  You can't be serious surely?

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley. You only said they're "not ruling out" having the kind of costumes from DOA5. To me, that implies they're giving the player more choice in the matter, not that they're going to go full fanservice. It seems like they're trying to satisfy the fanservice lovers and the people who want the games to be less sexualized, which is fine by me.

Or is there something I'm missing?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #7229 on: June 12, 2018, 07:49:16 pm »
You're even more adorable.

Ironbite-gosh I just want to melt you down for scrap.