Author Topic: GA. Lawmaker attempting to make miscarriages and abortions punishable by death.  (Read 5843 times)

Miles11

Georgia State Rep. Bobby Franklin—who last year proposed making rape and domestic violence "victims" into "accusers"—has introduced a 10-page bill that would criminalize miscarriages and make abortion in Georgia completely illegal. Both miscarriages and abortions would be potentially punishable by death: any "prenatal murder" in the words of the bill, including "human involvement" in a miscarriage, would be a felony and carry a penalty of life in prison or death. Basically, it's everything an "pro-life" activist could want aside from making all women who've had abortions wear big red "A"s on their chests.

http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2011/02/miscarriage-death-penalty-georgia - source.

I think this is so hilariously wrong that nobody is going to take it seriously.

At least, I hope nobody takes it seriously.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
How "pro-life" of him.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
who last year proposed making rape and domestic violence "victims" into "accusers"

Holy hell. Why is this man in any position of power?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
That was almost a year ago and still scares the hell out of me.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
Now that I think about it, that bill could ONLY apply to public discourse. In a court setting, there is no victim & criminal, you have a plaintant & a defendant. Which means he tried to pass a bill against free speech, on top of everything else.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Jesus christ has anyone told these idiots that Roe vs. Wade actually applies to everyone?  And no matter what you do, you're not getting it overturned?

Ironbite-and if you did I'm deleting the world?

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Wow, this guy hates women. Really, really hates women.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Someone spay this man.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
who last year proposed making rape and domestic violence "victims" into "accusers"

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
I can see the abortion part, given the pro-life stance, but miscarriages? Sometimes you can't really control that unless you put yourself in such a secure environment, which wouldn't be good anyways.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
Basically, he's extending his pro-life mentality to any sort of behavior that might cause fetus death.

Which is why criminalizing contraception/abortion quickly descends into absurdity.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
They need to propose a law in which any government official who wastes taxpayers' money on stupid, unlawful bills like this be automatically removed from office and forfeit and future money that the person might receive from said office. 

Granted, there'd have to be a way to determine what constitutes 'stupid' and 'unlawful,' but maybe then they'd accually get something done.

The other option os not to vote for him, but someone wanted him there.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
I can see the abortion part, given the pro-life stance, but miscarriages? Sometimes you can't really control that unless you put yourself in such a secure environment, which wouldn't be good anyways.

Even that would not be enough. A miscarriage could be caused by genetic abnormalities in the zygote.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
How the fuck does a guy like this get into office? Really!

I mean: Sure, the abortion bit is pretty much accepted. But miscarriages?
-A Pen Name