Author Topic: Explosion at the Boston Marathon  (Read 58662 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Explosion at the Boston Marathon
« Reply #360 on: April 25, 2013, 10:59:08 pm »
...Its like I'm looking at a pretty boy version of Yuno Gasai.

Daaw, but URGH! Daaw, but yeesh!

And he's even doing a pouting face in the pic.

I want to keep him.

In my basement.

FOREVER

I know the horrible feeling. I hate it. He did these horrific, disgusting things but DAMN,,,HE'S TOO CUTE!

I dub this phenonenon, "Stupid-Sexy Satan"

The the equivalent to "Stupid Sexy Flanders", except it involves evil nasty people.

Here's an explanation for "Stupid Sexy Flanders": http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StupidSexyFlanders

Well, I propose "Stupid Sexy Satan", in which a loathsome person, whom you hate or fear is so physically attractive that you start feeling other feelings looking at them.

I've definitely had this happen to me. It happened with Martin Bryant (my country never covered that one but I noticed him on the web. It wasn't a 'crazy Martin' pic but a 'cute Martin'), it happened with the initial GQ photo shoot-like pics of Anders Brevik (longish lair, youthful, pretty, nice stylish preppy outfit) and now...it's that Boston Bomber kid, who looks like the results of a Star Trek transporter mishap involving Syd Barrett & Louis Garrell (a french actor).

Now, I know that Satan, compared to Bible God is small potatoes & may actually be an unjustly slandered figure. However, Satan is considered "The Big Big Bad" in our world & alliteration is cool.

That said, I think these groupies are batzoid insane! *BLECCH*!

I think the trope you're looking for is Draco In Leather Pants.  This is when a cool or attractive villainous character has their actions, behavior, and flaws downplayed either outright or through the use of a sympathetic or tragic backstory.  In this case, they see this kid (extra points) who could be considered attractive or cute, and in learning about the background of these boys, immediately shift blame to the older brother; it was the brother's idea, he was the extremist, he was the angry one, he had the problems, and he brainwashed this poor sweet boy into doing these things.  Terrorism isn't part of the real Jahar, and now that his brother is gone, he can go back to how he was and won't want to hurt anyone again!  We can changehelp him!

Well, "Stupid Sexy Satan" is like "Draco in Leather Pants" except you genuinely feel really guilty & wrong about feeling that way. "Draco In Leather Pants" is like seeing an evil but physically attractive person as a super hottie but not feeling guilty about it.
In "Stupid Sexy Flanders", Homer was getting those feeling over Ned Flanders in that tight ski gettup. Being a heterosexual with a family and a guy who generally finds Ned loathsome, it just seemed so "wrong" for him.

"Stupid Sexy Satan" is "Stupid Sexy Flanders" combined with "Draco In Leather Pants".

"Draco In Leather Pants" is when you're sympathetic to the villain or have no guilt over being attracted to them whereas "Stupid Sexy Satan" is when you are NOT sympathetic to the villain & think they're pond scum.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #361 on: April 26, 2013, 06:39:14 pm »
Guy tells off "reporter" from InfoWars

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f01_1366974826
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:46:16 pm by DiscoBerry »

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #362 on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:27 pm »
Loved the guy in the suit in the background. His facial expressions are priceless.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #363 on: April 26, 2013, 07:37:52 pm »
"Yeah, I just said it. Motherfucker."

This guy is perfect.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #364 on: April 26, 2013, 09:23:29 pm »
...Stupid sexy Jahar...stop making your prison photos look like you're modelling. Stop trying to make me bisexual, you...you terrorist scum, you!

I can see the Image Macros now;

Convert to Islam...

And you get some of this.

Well, the infowars thing was...fun. The facial expressions were like something out of an anime.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #365 on: April 27, 2013, 03:58:33 am »
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #366 on: April 27, 2013, 06:27:58 am »
Guy tells off "reporter" from InfoWars

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f01_1366974826

"Go drink a dick"

I like how he bitches about the reporters maturity and then says what. What an asshat
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2013, 12:25:28 pm »
Arguably, Hof, if Alex Jones, Glenn Beck or any of their cronies showed up in my area after a tragedy and claimed that the federal government was behind it, I'd probably have the same damn reaction.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2013, 01:20:33 pm »
Arguably, Hof, if Alex Jones, Glenn Beck or any of their cronies showed up in my area after a tragedy and claimed that the federal government was behind it, I'd probably have the same damn reaction.

Frankly, anyone who tries to use the death and mutilation of innocent people as a way to advance their political agenda is lucky not to get beaten down physically. Especially if they show up where it occurred to do it.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #369 on: April 27, 2013, 03:10:54 pm »
Roger Nicholson - you're my hero of the day. Like others said before, if that AJ "news"douche showed up spouting shit after a tragedy in my 'hood, I'd be mouthing off and trying to get him to take a swing at me too. Nicholson was outraged and clearly hungered for a chance to pound some shame into that propagandizing tool.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2013, 09:24:22 pm »
...Stupid sexy Jahar...stop making your prison photos look like you're modelling. Stop trying to make me bisexual, you...you terrorist scum, you!

Convert to Islam...

Well, the infowars thing was...fun. The facial expressions were like something out of an anime.

I wonder if female Islamofundie nuts are now dreaming of seeing 70 cute, bishounen, fuzzy, fresh-faced little Jahars in the hereafter when they commit a suicide bombing?
(I know that that alleged '70 Virgins' thing apparently applies just to guys but I nonetheless wonder....)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2013, 12:54:51 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/27/russia-wiretap-bombing-suspect_n_3171102.html?1367154216&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing12%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D305203

There was some initial controversy over the revelation that the Tsarnaev mother was also on the government watch list. Turns out Russia had wiretapped the family back in 2011 and there were some vague suggestions of Tamerlan engaging in a jihad. Combine that with the uncle saying that the mother had a "big-time influence" on him becoming more of a religious fundamentalist and her cries that her boys were framed, and I'm starting to think that she knew more about the bombing than she's letting on.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2013, 06:54:22 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/27/russia-wiretap-bombing-suspect_n_3171102.html?1367154216&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing12%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D305203

There was some initial controversy over the revelation that the Tsarnaev mother was also on the government watch list. Turns out Russia had wiretapped the family back in 2011 and there were some vague suggestions of Tamerlan engaging in a jihad. Combine that with the uncle saying that the mother had a "big-time influence" on him becoming more of a religious fundamentalist and her cries that her boys were framed, and I'm starting to think that she knew more about the bombing than she's letting on.

Mom of the Year, ladies & gentlemen! :P

Convert to Islam...

I agree about that guy in the background. I could watch him all day.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:56:03 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #374 on: April 30, 2013, 08:08:09 pm »
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.