Author Topic: Shooting in Ottawa  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Shooting in Ottawa
« on: October 22, 2014, 05:26:35 pm »
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/uniformed-canadian-soldier-shot-at-ottawa-war-memorial-140825845.html

Fuuuuuck.... I sincerely hope this was just an isolated incident and not related to ISIS...

And for the sake of your sanity, stay away from the comments... Many of them will just make you want to punch people through your computer screen.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Shooting in Ottawa
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 05:39:14 pm »
Damn.   :'(

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 06:01:36 pm »
Believe it or not, this actually makes me jealous of Canada. Why? Because shooting there are still so rare they're newsworthy. Here in the U.S., they've become commonplace.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »
Believe it or not, this actually makes me jealous of Canada. Why? Because shooting there are still so rare they're newsworthy. Here in the U.S., they've become commonplace.

Actually, there's some reason to believe that mass shootings aren't as commonplace as some seem to think.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/10/16/mother-jones-claims-the-rate-of-mass-sho

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:12:33 pm »
They have identified the shooter... I'm thinking this is looking like a homegrown terrorist, but I'm still crossing my fingers that I'm wrong...

http://globalnews.ca/news/1629721/alleged-ottawa-gunman-what-we-know-so-far/

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 08:39:02 pm »
Wasn't there another attack on monday? of course this is just baseless speculation on my part right now but could the two attackers been connected?

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:27:04 pm »
Dakota Bob, yeah, there was. I believe that one happened in Quebec and it involved another man running down a soldier with his vehicle, killing him. I don't know much about that one, though, but it was confirmed that the guy who did it was a Canadian Citizen who was also on a list of potential terrorists. I just hope this shit doesn't start happening in Alberta... I know for a fact that I'm staying the hell away from the malls for the next little while...

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 01:30:39 pm »
What I don't understand is....What is the appeal of Wahhabism? I don't understand. You have people living high standards of living in Western society who join these bronze age groups that hate music, color, sex & fun.

I understand that a person's angry about the West messing up the Mid-East. I understand that many of these people have been targets of Islamophobia & general bigotry.

But do they join a Moderate Muslim organization that strives to set the record straight about Islam? Do they join a peace movement or Occupy? Do they join anti-hate organizations. No, they become everything that is is stale, cold, loathsome, brutal, primitive, subhuman, inhuman, EVIL! They ditch Islam for the Wahhabi heresy & they vow to send the West to the Stone Age!

Dhzokar Tsarnev, the younger surviving Boston Bomber, was, by most accounts, a nice, intelligent, fun-loving kid who was full of life and promise. He loved to party, smoke the Good Green Bud, hang with his buddies, listen to Hip Hop and had lots of girls. He was a star wrestler and basically a regular fun guy.....Then Mom & his brother went Wahhabi, causing all hell to break loose in the household, destroy Mom & Pop's marriage and "Jahar" went from "Fun Stoner Prettyboy Wrestler" to "Murderous Wahhabi of DOOM!".

I don't understand. I just don't understand it at all......
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:35:51 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 01:39:44 pm »
What I don't understand is....What is the appeal of Wahhabism? I don't understand. You have people living high standards of living in Western society who join these bronze age groups that hate music, color, sex & fun.

I understand that a person's angry about the West messing up the Mid-East. I understand that many of these people have been targets of Islamophobia & general bigotry.

But do they join a Moderate Muslim organization that strives to set the record straight about Islam? Do they join a peace movement or Occupy? Do they join anti-hate organizations. No, they become everything that is is stale, cold, loathsome, brutal, primitive, subhuman, inhuman, EVIL! They ditch Islam for the Wahhabi heresy & they vow to send the West to the Stone Age!

Dhzokar Tsarnev, the younger surviving Boston Bomber, was, by most accounts, a nice, intelligent, fun-loving kid who was full of life and promise. He loved to party, smoke the Good Green Bud, hang with his buddies, listen to Hip Hop and had lots of girls. He was a star wrestler and basically a regular fun guy.....Then Mom & his brother went Wahhabi, causing all hell to break loose in the household, destroy Mom & Pop's marriage and "Jahar" went from "Fun Stoner Prettyboy Wrestler" to "Murderous Wahhabi of DOOM!".

Something-something-religion, something-something-mindvirus.

Did I get my Ironchew impersonation right?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 02:10:35 pm »

You forgot the fact that the modern state of Saudi Arabia was founded with the alliance of Muhammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab on the condition that the Saudi royal family enforce and spread Wahhabi Islam throughout the world. But yeah, pretty much what I would have said.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 03:10:45 pm »

You forgot the fact that the modern state of Saudi Arabia was founded with the alliance of Muhammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab on the condition that the Saudi royal family enforce and spread Wahhabi Islam throughout the world. But yeah, pretty much what I would have said.

I definitely know that. Golly, you and I agreed on something! That's great!

Yeah, I agree. If you want to know where this insanity came from, blame the Saudi Royal Family! They've been steam-rolling regular Islam so bad that it's like Legit Islam is being replaced by Nusto-slam!

More reason to find a way to ditch Saudi oil. Easier said & done, considering the corporate bigshots running the world.

Time for Bougainville Islander-style innovation from the average Jane/Joe!
(If you don't get the reference....Read the comment from the person called Vman: http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=88096&Page=3#1421203)

Y'know, if the bozos in charge want to restrict junk like choice of fuels, birth control, etc. I guess we peons will have to improvise & teach said improvisations to others.

I would love to see folks gut vehicles and then equip them with a big network of cables & pulleys and make pedal-cars that work as well as gas-powered ones.

Or homemade steam, fry oil, etc. powered cars! DIY stuff!