Author Topic: North Idaho Marriage Business Files Most Frivolous Lawsuit Ever  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
North Idaho Marriage Business Files Most Frivolous Lawsuit Ever
« on: October 25, 2014, 08:50:39 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/25/gay-marriage-jail_n_6044214.html

Less than two weeks after a federal appeals court struck down Idaho’s ban on same-sex marriage, two ministers in the northwestern Idaho city of Coeur d’Alene have filed a lawsuit claiming they could face up to 180 years in jail for refusing to perform a same-sex wedding.

The lawsuit, filed Oct. 17 in federal trial court by the conservative Christian legal group Alliance Defending Freedom, stoked long-held fears among opponents of marriage equality.

“The day liberals promised would never come is already here,” Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council warned in a press release announcing the lawsuit, which was brought on behalf of Donald and Evelyn Knapp, two ordained ministers who own the Hitching Post Wedding Chapel.

However, according to city officials and the lawsuit itself, the Hitching Post filed papers with the Idaho Secretary of State identifying itself as a religious corporation on Oct. 6, the day before the 9th Circuit struck down Idaho’s ban. The city’s ordinance explicitly states that religious corporations are exempt from the law.

Moreover, while the lawsuit claims that the Knapps have already turned away multiple same-sex couples, Gridley said that the city had received no complaints about the Hitching Post and had no idea who these couples might be.

One thing's for sure, I'm glad I got out of North Idaho when I did. Who would have thought that the Knapps would go full retard like this?

Side note: My brother got his first marriage there, and my father knows the ownership. So this is almost personal to me... though I really couldn't give a crap. Still pretty damn dumb though.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: North Idaho Marriage Business Files Most Frivolous Lawsuit Ever
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 10:05:16 pm »
Sigh. Such a shame the state with arguably the most beautiful natural scenery in the country is infested with morons, wingnut militias, and racist skinheads
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:18:13 pm »
Something tells me that at least one of these morons is going to be caught in a compromising position with a pool boy.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 02:45:41 pm »
Folks, go tend to your potatoes.  You're getting yourselves all upset.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »
Something tells me that at least one of these morons is going to be caught in a compromising position with a pool boy.

Considering they (claim to be) clergy, I'd say a choir boy is more likely.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.