Author Topic: Obama invokes faith, conservatives complain  (Read 4844 times)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
Re: Obama invokes faith, conservatives complain
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 09:01:54 am »
Honestly... I know Obama's Christian, but did he honestly think pandering to the Christfags would help his cause in any way?
It is possible he is just being genuinely devout.  :-\

Or he could just trying to do something about the idea that only the Right can be Religious.

I don't believe anybody in a political setting these days does anything without some ulterior motive behind them. I support Obama because I agree with him on a number of issues, but trust him (or any politician)? I cannot. If I turn out to be wrong on this, I'm sorry, but it's too easy to simply assume that politicians will either lie or engage in half-truths, and it's easier to assume that they'll say what they think the public wants to hear.
Call me naive, but I haven't given up hope on everyone yet.

However, I would totally be invoking Gawd all the time if I was a polititian, mainly because I'm sick of the right getting "dibs."

Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me. We are all brothers and sisters in the eyes of God, and telling someone to pull themselves up when you have the ability to help is unacceptable.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 09:46:03 am »
Maybe he's just trying to rub it in the right's face.  They're always trying to use religion to justify their batsh** bills, so maybe Obama was just throwing it back at them.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 10:34:27 am »
Honestly... I know Obama's Christian, but did he honestly think pandering to the Christfags would help his cause in any way?
It is possible he is just being genuinely devout.  :-\

Or he could just trying to do something about the idea that only the Right can be Religious.

I don't believe anybody in a political setting these days does anything without some ulterior motive behind them. I support Obama because I agree with him on a number of issues, but trust him (or any politician)? I cannot. If I turn out to be wrong on this, I'm sorry, but it's too easy to simply assume that politicians will either lie or engage in half-truths, and it's easier to assume that they'll say what they think the public wants to hear.
Hey, most of politics is cynical deals with strange angles, yeah. But even the most dastardly politicians will have a few genuine bits of their own personality shine through. They can’t all be Peter Sellers.
-A Pen Name