Author Topic: Bullied 8th Grader Commits Suicide in School Bathroom  (Read 5966 times)

Offline starseeker

• God
Re: Bullied 8th Grader Commits Suicide in School Bathroom
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 07:33:42 am »
I'm not surprised by this, when I was at school a Year 9 (8th grade equivalent) hung themselves in one of the school toilets. I never found out the reason.

Distind

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 07:48:14 am »
Um, how'd the kid get a fucking gun?
It's America. Where kids not having access to guns is the exception rather than the rule.
I must live in another country, because my ass would have been BROKEN by the time my family was done with me if I'd run off with a gun. The sheer magnitude of difference between the odd beating from some assholes and just what my family'd do to me if I'd taken a gun to them is one of the things that ensure it'd never happen.

Though perhaps being aware there was an entire magnitude of pain well beyond a couple bullies is why I take them relatively lightly.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 03:53:08 pm »
My sister has been having problems with her 8 yr old son bullying a 5 year old at school. Talking to him and punishing him haven't done anything, so I intend to go down there to talk to him myself as soon as I get the chance. I'm hoping that having his auntie tell him about her experiences with bullying in school and how it fucked me up mentally might get through to him. We have to nip his behavior before it becomes a major problem.

If appealing to his sense of compassion doesn't work, pick him up by the throat and calmly explain to him that if he picks on someone, you will pick on him.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 05:31:59 pm »
Um, how'd the kid get a fucking gun?
It's America. Where kids not having access to guns is the exception rather than the rule.
I must live in another country, because my ass would have been BROKEN by the time my family was done with me if I'd run off with a gun. The sheer magnitude of difference between the odd beating from some assholes and just what my family'd do to me if I'd taken a gun to them is one of the things that ensure it'd never happen.

Though perhaps being aware there was an entire magnitude of pain well beyond a couple bullies is why I take them relatively lightly.
I agree with Art actually, since it's actually rare for a kid to not have a gun. Hell I knew a ton of kids that kept hunting rifles in their rooms in 5th grade.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 08:42:55 pm »
When did suicide become the thing to do if bullied?

Probably since the schools started punishing the bullied children for finally retaliating against their tormentors.

I think you're right.  There was a time when standing up for yourself, even if it meant getting into a fight, basically got you a few days detention.  Now it is police, arrest and lawsuits.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 08:58:49 pm »
When did suicide become the thing to do if bullied?

Probably since the schools started punishing the bullied children for finally retaliating against their tormentors.

I think you're right.  There was a time when standing up for yourself, even if it meant getting into a fight, basically got you a few days detention.  Now it is police, arrest and lawsuits.

This is completely true sadly... Schools don't fucking care about their students, only the school's reputation. So it's easier to have a victim be silent than to attract bad attention.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!