Author Topic: The hype train starts to chug along/ Star Wars VII  (Read 8397 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: The hype train starts to chug along/ Star Wars VII
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 08:41:38 pm »
Even better, just remove the middleman from the equation and make a LMG-esque weapon that shoots lightsaber bullets.

...So then aren't we at blaster rifles at that point?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 08:59:40 pm »
That or something like the Crossbow thing Chewbacca  has but it shoots lightsaber blades instead of bolts.(Actually that sounds kinda cool.)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2014, 09:12:10 pm »
Even better, just remove the middleman from the equation and make a LMG-esque weapon that shoots lightsaber bullets.

...So then aren't we at blaster rifles at that point?

Well, a lightsaber - Give me a minute.

*Puts on Moderately Analytic Snooty Cap of the Fanboy*

Where was I? Ah yes, a lightsaber has the capability to project a massless form of energy that can cut through almost every common material except (and even this can be circumvented) dihydrogen monoxide.  And there's no real speed loss in a hypothetical lightsaber bullet as opposed to the more common blaster types, as the latter is a particle beam.

In essence, you're firing super death bullet swords at a enemy.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2014, 09:33:14 pm »
Now, I'm not a Star Wars geek, but I can use the internet to tap into their power. According to Wookieepedia, the lightsaber blade is plasma. And plasma blasters are a thing.

So.
Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 01:37:21 am »
That comic WAS a joke...

...But  ...But maybe the "bullet" of a light-rifle can be directed during its flight like a thrown ligthsaber? The Jedi and Sith already throw their blades when faced with those who don't use the force, because a force user would push the blade away or even pull it to their hand if it was thrown at them. Perhaps the increased speed makes shooting a lightsaber viable tactic against other force users? Like a guided missile. (Besides if you've played the Star wars PnP RPGs you already know that the Jedi/Sith make ideal snipers with blasters. Giving them an über-rifle is going to get nasty.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!