Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 749046 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2220 on: June 11, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »
Unfortunately I'm almost functionally blind without my glasses.  I can get away with not wearing them at home, but out and about I probably can't do it.  And I know enough to know that driving without wearing glasses is just inviting disaster.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2221 on: June 12, 2014, 01:32:51 pm »
On a different topic, I'm surprised no one has brought up the recent failure of the college loan vote because god forbid billionaires pay more money.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2222 on: June 13, 2014, 02:51:18 pm »
So I've been haunting over at FSTDT and I've noticed something delightful.

No, not delightful, this genuinely makes me feel delighted.

Basically, a TERF got quoted.  Then a TERF (maybe even the same one) kept posting in the comments talking about how FSTDT has become a ... I dunno, chauvinistic society or something.

And then this recent quote:

http://fstdt.net/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=101482
Seriously fstdt needs to go back to what it used to do and stop with all this "what about the trans menz" bullshit. You guys are really that butthurt because radfems won't suck your trans dicks?

And already it's got a comment from a TERF:

Exactly how is something "fundie" when it's the truth?

So basically we've got a perpetual machine of bigotry and mocking of bigotry going on.  I love it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2223 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:22 am »
Looking at various gaming laptops and comparing prices. Apparently an Alienware laptop that is significantly worse than an Asus is every way, to the point where the keyboard doesn't even have the numeric keypad (something that should be standard in a computer designed for gaming), is $700 more expensive.

It says a lot about average human intelligence that companies can pull nonsense like this and not go out of business.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2224 on: June 16, 2014, 04:56:28 pm »
My boss is sick, and he was walking around at work today carrying a trashcan in case he needed to vomit. Always nice to see.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2225 on: June 16, 2014, 07:04:02 pm »
My boss is sick, and he was walking around at work today carrying a trashcan in case he needed to vomit. Always nice to see.

Let's just hope you didn't catch what he has... assuming it's a contagious illness and not something like food poisoning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2226 on: July 05, 2014, 03:09:11 am »
Stole this from Tumblr.

I live in Osaka, Japan and often use the subway to go to work in the morning. One day while I was waiting for the train, I noticed a homeless man standing in the corner of the subway station muttering to himself as people passed by. He was holding out a cup and seemed to be begging for spare change.

An overweight woman passed by the homeless man and I distinctly heard him say, “Pig.”

Wow, this man is insulting people and he still expects them to give him money?

Then a tall businessman went by and the man muttered, “Human.”

Human? I can’t argue with that. Obviously, he was human.

The next day, I arrived early at the subway station and had some time to kill, so I decided to stand close to the homeless man and listen to his strange mutterings.  A thin, haggard-looking man passed in front of him and I heard the homeless guy mutter, “Cow.” Cow? The man was much too skinny to be a cow. To me, he resembled a turkey or a chicken. A minute or so later, an obese man went by and the homeless man said, “Potato.” Potato? I was under the impression that he called all fat people “Pig”.

That day at work, I couldn’t stop thinking about the homeless man and his puzzling behavior. I kept trying to find some logic or pattern in what he as muttering. Perhaps he has some kind of psychic ability. In Japan many people believe in reincarnation, so maybe he knows what these people were during a previous life. I observed the man many times and began to think my theory was right. I often heard him calling people things like “Rabbit”, “Onion”, “Sheep”, or “Tomato”.

One day, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to ask him what was going on. As I walked up to him, he looked at me and said, “Bread.” I tossed some money into his cup and asked him if he had some kind of psychic ability. The man smiled and said, “Yes, indeed. It is an ability I obtained many years ago, but it’s not what you might expect. I can’t tell the future or read minds or anything like that.”

“Then what is your ability?” I asked eagerly.

“The ability is merely to know the last thing somebody ate,” he said.

I laughed because I realized he was right. He said, “Bread.” The last thing I had eaten for breakfast that day was toast. I walked away shaking my head. Of all the psychic abilities someone could have, that one must be the most useless.

I'll wait for the "wait Wait WAIT WHAT" to hit.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2227 on: July 05, 2014, 03:23:51 am »

I didn't have to wait long for that.

(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2228 on: July 05, 2014, 04:56:35 am »
... I read that whole thing in Cecil's voice.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2229 on: July 05, 2014, 02:40:03 pm »
Stole this from Tumblr.

I live in Osaka, Japan and often use the subway to go to work in the morning. One day while I was waiting for the train, I noticed a homeless man standing in the corner of the subway station muttering to himself as people passed by. He was holding out a cup and seemed to be begging for spare change.

An overweight woman passed by the homeless man and I distinctly heard him say, “Pig.”

Wow, this man is insulting people and he still expects them to give him money?

Then a tall businessman went by and the man muttered, “Human.”

Human? I can’t argue with that. Obviously, he was human.

The next day, I arrived early at the subway station and had some time to kill, so I decided to stand close to the homeless man and listen to his strange mutterings.  A thin, haggard-looking man passed in front of him and I heard the homeless guy mutter, “Cow.” Cow? The man was much too skinny to be a cow. To me, he resembled a turkey or a chicken. A minute or so later, an obese man went by and the homeless man said, “Potato.” Potato? I was under the impression that he called all fat people “Pig”.

That day at work, I couldn’t stop thinking about the homeless man and his puzzling behavior. I kept trying to find some logic or pattern in what he as muttering. Perhaps he has some kind of psychic ability. In Japan many people believe in reincarnation, so maybe he knows what these people were during a previous life. I observed the man many times and began to think my theory was right. I often heard him calling people things like “Rabbit”, “Onion”, “Sheep”, or “Tomato”.

One day, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to ask him what was going on. As I walked up to him, he looked at me and said, “Bread.” I tossed some money into his cup and asked him if he had some kind of psychic ability. The man smiled and said, “Yes, indeed. It is an ability I obtained many years ago, but it’s not what you might expect. I can’t tell the future or read minds or anything like that.”

“Then what is your ability?” I asked eagerly.

“The ability is merely to know the last thing somebody ate,” he said.

I laughed because I realized he was right. He said, “Bread.” The last thing I had eaten for breakfast that day was toast. I walked away shaking my head. Of all the psychic abilities someone could have, that one must be the most useless.

What really bothers me is that apparently people in Japan are more likely to have sheep or rabbit for breakfast than cereal.
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2230 on: July 05, 2014, 02:42:50 pm »
What really bothers me is that apparently people in Japan are more likely to have sheep or rabbit for breakfast than cereal.

Or no breakfast at all, perhaps?

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2231 on: July 05, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »
I noticed I haven't posted in a while, so, um, I'm still here.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2232 on: July 12, 2014, 07:10:57 am »
Brothers of the mine rejoice!
Swing, swing, swing with me
Raise your picks and raise your voice!
Sing, sing, sing with me
Down and down into the deep
Who knows what we'll find beneath?
Diamonds, rubies, gold and more
Hidden in the mountain store

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2233 on: July 13, 2014, 01:39:39 pm »
Today we have the first installment in Why Didn't I Google This Before?, and the search is "world's tastiest pie". Curiously enough, one of the entries comes from science fiction author John Scalzi:

Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2234 on: July 14, 2014, 06:17:05 pm »
What about "World's Tastiest Pi"?