Author Topic: Sandman may not be on for a bit.  (Read 48976 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Sandman may not be on for a bit.
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2012, 03:16:29 pm »
Sandman, I hope for your speedy recovery, brother.  As for Mrs. Sandman...thank you for telling us.  Might seem a bit crazy, but us here...we're like a big family, and we always pull for our own.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2012, 03:47:24 pm »
I'm home. Not doing well, but Im home now. Im having something called peripheral neuropathy, and Im getting those puppy-dog eyed looks of pity from the nurses that makes me want to punch someone in the taint. Im old and sick but I'm not stupid.

Might try to play some Minecraft or something later. Just an FYI, I have given my Steam account to my nephew, David, and I will probably give him access to my other accounts as well. The wife has other things to worry about. Treat him nice, he's a good kid. (if you consider 43 to be a kid that is.)
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2012, 03:59:00 pm »
Well, it's great to see you back again, regardless.  Our thoughts and prayers are still very much with you.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2012, 04:39:06 pm »
"Im getting those puppy-dog eyed looks of pity from the nurses that makes me want to punch someone in the taint. Im old and sick but I'm not stupid. "

yep, you're fine :3

Seriously though, we're glad you're okay, Sandy.  You've been missed.  Give your wife a hug of gratitude from us for telling us what was happening.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2012, 04:54:00 pm »
No words here either, just infinite respect.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2012, 05:55:27 pm »
I'm glad you're home.

Im getting those puppy-dog eyed looks of pity from the nurses that makes me want to punch someone in the taint.

That's why I love you.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2012, 06:11:12 pm »
So, looking it up, it looks like “peripheral neuropathy” is mostly a fancy way of saying, “your chemo is making you feel pain.” (Yeah, a bit of an oversimplification.) Sounds like a real bitch, but not much to worry over compared to your primary health issues, since it sounds like it will probably dissipate when you recover from the chemo. Am I right? (I want to stress when I say “not much to worry about” I am talking on an extremely relative scale. That tearing of the esophagus thing is certainly no joke. Kinda like the difference between being crucified and being stabbed.)

Anyway, it is good to know that that particular complication seems under control. Like many of the other folks here, I appreciate the updates.
-A Pen Name

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2012, 07:44:32 pm »
No words here either, just infinite respect.
^-- This, x1,000.  Also, seconding the hugs for your missus, brother.  She's a fine lady, and you're one hell of a good guy.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2012, 07:49:54 pm »
Glad to hear your back home man.

Im getting those puppy-dog eyed looks of pity from the nurses that makes me want to punch someone in the taint. Im old and sick but I'm not stupid.

LOL, you've still got that fire. :)
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2012, 10:02:24 pm »
There are very few problems that can no be solved with a good taint punching.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2012, 10:07:08 pm »
There are very few problems that can no be solved with a good taint punching.

I might just sig this. :D
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2012, 10:22:13 pm »
You beat me to it :<
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2012, 10:27:31 pm »
Im feeling a bit maudlin tonight. Can't sleep. Sitting here in bed with my laptop on the tray/cart/table my nephew set up for me so I can still work. Im writing a play for his wife's summer drama camp.

Today I felt very sad, but for the first time I think Im OK with being sad. Its not a tragic sad, but a quiet sad. Watching my wife sleep, watching her chest rise and fall softly, listening to her occasional soft snore, I can see her as I always do in my mind and memory, without the little creases of worry that seem to have set up residence in her eyes when she is awake. She pretends I can't see them, and I pretend that she isnt pretending I cant see them, but I do. I will miss her more than she can ever imagine. I will wait for her wherever I wind up. Valhalla, Heaven, Nirvana, Elysium, I don't care. If will one day look up and see her coming towards me like she did when I first saw her so many years ago then it wont matter what the place is called. It will be Heaven.

There's an awful movie starring Robin Williams based on a pretty good story by Matheson called "What Dreams May Come." In it, the main characters decide to be reborn and "find each other all over again" in the world of the living. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I wouldnt do that. I would never let her go. It took me three decades to find her this time. Not risking it taking that long again. I am not me without her. Why would I deliberately cut myself in half?

Oh, Lord, I am maudlin tonight. My apologies, and I thank those who take the time to read the ramblings of an old man who is really just writing to himself, I think. To be honest I am having some trouble with my thoughts. I was going to mention specific people I have come to know here at FSTDT, but I just cant seem to be able to put my impressions to names. I guess theres nothing I can say people dont already know anyway.

I am tired. Very tired. In a few minutes I will take one of the ambien they gave me. Wondeful stuff, really, but a little alarming at how effective it is. I will be quite put out if I find out they are just sugar pills and Im putting myself to sleep. One last thing before I go tonight, though. I have been listening to a lot of music lately. Its easier than reading.

Someday, maybe someday soon I will suddenly stop posting. When that happens, listen to this song and spare a thought for me. Luckily I found a copy on Youtube. Isnt the web wonderful?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dH7ZrHWaUE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dH7ZrHWaUE</a>

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »
*Hugs tightly* You're one of the strongest, bravest men I've had the pleasure to come across.  Say whatever you want here.  You'll never really be alone.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2012, 11:01:28 pm »
We're here for you, Sandman.  In this life, the next, or whatever happens to come after the end.  We love you.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."