Author Topic: Malaysian Airlines plane shot down over Eastern Ukraine  (Read 9301 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Malaysian Airlines plane shot down over Eastern Ukraine
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 11:19:43 am »
HAHA!

http://yle.fi/uutiset/finnair_admits_it_flies_over_ukraine_after_pr_blunder/7363384

Finnish company was quick to claim that they do not fly over Ukraine but since flight routes are public knowlegde things got embarrassing fast.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 12:01:17 pm »
Apparently, a lot of AIDS experts were on the plane.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 12:25:27 pm »
Apparently, a lot of AIDS experts were on the plane.

As in about a hundred of them by some figures.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 12:30:19 pm »
Yea. Not only did we lose a lot of AIDS researchers and activists it is also certain that AIDS deniers will be using this as part of their conspiracy theories. "The plane was shot down so that DR. X would not be able to reveal that AIDS is just a Zionist plot!!!!!1"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2014, 09:03:54 pm »
Now this is morbid:

Translation: "If it disappears, this is what it looks like".

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 06:07:46 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2697895/Now-rebel-commander-blamed-downing-MH17-says-bodies-aren-t-fresh-claims-corpses-dead-days.html

He is starting to get desperate. Well, concidering that he was the one who boasted about the shooting and may, in fact, have been the one who gave the order to fire the missile AND might be one of the people laughing at the fallen plane on a video the Separatists published he has reason to be nervous.

And this is not good either:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2697538/Shocking-new-accounts-carnage-MH17-crash-site-emerged-today.html

They were caught looting the bodies!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2014, 11:34:45 am »
Holy fuck this is gonna really kill Putin's ambitions to annex Ukraine isn't it?

Ironbite-how classless can you be?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2014, 01:43:07 pm »
Just reminding people of this little tiff:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

EDIT:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 03:03:29 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2014, 05:58:47 pm »
Well, the Dutch are... displeased.

Dutch Fury As MH17 Bodies 'Dragged Around'

Dutch PM warns Putin on 'last chance' to help with plane disaster

No direct sources, but I've seen Dutch redditors posting that the Dutch are considering taking the crash site by force. Theoretically, the Dutch could invoke Article 4 and call in the full wrath of NATO.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2014, 06:02:07 pm »
No direct sources, but I've seen Dutch redditors posting that the Dutch are considering taking the crash site by force. Theoretically, the Dutch could invoke Article 4 and call in the full wrath of NATO.

If there is one way to make this situation a whole lot worse than it already is, it's that.

Wasn't NATO supposed to disband at the end of the Cold War?
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2014, 06:06:29 pm »

If there is one way to make this situation a whole lot worse than it already is, it's that.

No. Its opposite number, the Warsaw Pact, disbanded, but NATO wasn't designed solely to fight the Russians.

Besides, if you ask me, the Second Cold War has begun.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2014, 06:23:13 pm »

No. Its opposite number, the Warsaw Pact, disbanded, but NATO wasn't designed solely to fight the Russians.

Besides, if you ask me, the Second Cold War has begun.

The US did promise not the extend NATO towards Russia. The Russians got that concession because they were frightened of a powerful alliance of Western and Eastern Europe dedicated primarily towards containing them - and sitting right on all of their borders.

The US immediately began negotiations to extend NATO, of course, and progress has been steady.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 10:47:11 pm »
The US might have promised not to extend NATO towards Russia but did anyone else in NATO promise that?

Ironbite-loophole.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2014, 10:50:10 pm »
The US are the ones actively trying to expand NATO. Not so much a loophole as "fuck Russia, what are they going to do about it?"

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2014, 11:01:52 pm »
The US are the ones actively trying to expand NATO. Not so much a loophole as "fuck Russia, what are they going to do about it?"

And Russia's response is "invade Georgia, invade Crimea, ect". Like, there are two sides to the silly shit Russia is doing.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR