Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156147 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 11:25:12 am »
There is always a temptation to blast Christian News Network for their blatant fundie-centric stories and headlines.  I like to point it out when they bash Catholicism because it makes them look like the biggest hypocrites, but they cannot hide their hate.

They can never say "Pope Francis", for example.  It's always "Pope" Francis, or more irritatingly, "Jorge Bergoglio, the Roman Catholic leader known as Pope Francis".  Sometimes they'll say "pontiff known as...".

I learned not to call them out for it though, nothing brings the ban hammer down harder.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 01:16:02 pm »
I know the history of why different branches of Christianity have fought in the past but I still have trouble understanding why we STILL continue silly rivalry like this.

We have the same God and even though we disagree on some interpretations of how to hold faith this- Hate -that goes on beyond simple bickering is just stupid.

Luckily it's not everyone at least and it's just that in some regions, in some groups this hatred still exists.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 04:15:29 pm »
We have the same God and even though we disagree on some interpretations of how to hold faith this- Hate -that goes on beyond simple bickering is just stupid.

Over at good old Christian News Network, the hate borders on conspiracy theory.  I think I can say I've read it all now.  It's the Catholics they hate the most, hands down.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm »
So, will we be seeing the great Oboehner Judicial Review debate on the main page soon?  ;D

Also known as TheLastHonestLawyer, Parodyx and I try to convince Oboehner that observable reality is real.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 10:39:36 pm »
I submitted one of his earlier, but it was just a generalized calling out about how he buries his head in the sand and denies settled science as often as he draws breath. He is every rotten fundie stereotype rolled into one - evolution denier, Catholic hater, gay basher. Very interestingly - and probably only King of Rhye will recognize this name - but the utterly evil mod from hell Lady Checkmate has shown up to upvote him, Amos, Grace, etc.  She runs a channel on Disqus called Faith & Religion.  It's a fundie echo chamber with only a few people on it...she bans everyone else for simply disagreeing.  Colin Rafferty found his way over there last week and I was betting she would ban him before long.  You know, nice, friendly, reasonable Colin?  Anyway yes, she banned him as well.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2017, 02:07:29 pm »
Lady Checkmate....yeah, I didn't last too long on her channel myself.  I wish I had saved the comments that got me banned, that was freakin' ridiculous.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 06:30:13 pm »
I wish I had saved the comments that got me banned, that was freakin' ridiculous.

SHE is freakin' ridiculous.  If she dared to post in the usual places (Christian News Network, Charisma, etc.) she'd be considered the fundiest fundie of them all.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:32:04 pm by Jocasta McFucken »

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2017, 07:49:47 pm »
What is Amos Moses's problem in that he cannot comprehend that there is a line drawn between church and state?  Does he not wonder why the Ten Commandments statue was removed from public property, etc.?

Am I right that there's a clear law in place about this?  Forgive me, I am Canadian and am not always up on US law.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2017, 08:01:34 pm »
What is Amos Moses's problem in that he cannot comprehend that there is a line drawn between church and state?  Does he not wonder why the Ten Commandments statue was removed from public property, etc.?

Am I right that there's a clear law in place about this?  Forgive me, I am Canadian and am not always up on US law.

It's an argument over precisely what it means to establish a religion, and also (thanks, Slaughter-House Cases!) whether the Bill of Rights is actually incorporated against the states.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2017, 01:52:14 pm »
Someone commented that it isn't fair to Grace Kim Kwon that we discuss her without giving her a chance to defend herself.  Do we care?  Asking for a friend.

pyro

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2017, 04:21:39 pm »
PM a link to this thread to her. Problem solved!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2017, 05:22:19 pm »
Christian News Network doesn't need much prompting to ban and delete posts...they go after web links like piranha fish go after blood in the water.

shykid

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2017, 07:12:02 am »
Lady Checkmate can't even make a half-coherent argument.

["God loves everyone"]

"Then sex is love, therefore it logically follows that sex-workers fall in love every time they sleep with somebody, thus all love is a perversion of perverted sex except when it's two heterosexual Christians ordained by GAWD!!!"

...the fuck does that have to do with...?? Just... what. That's some insane troll logic, right there.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:42:58 am by shy »

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2017, 09:50:29 am »
I've been looking for an opportunity to tell the story of Lady Checkmate, easily the evillest, nastiest piece of subhuman garbage ever.  So here it is.

My local newspaper in its online version has a commenting area for local news stories.  The comment area isn't part of the newspaper itself but provided by Disqus, a separate entity.  My first encounter with it was...at least five years ago.  I only knew of it as a "third party" forum you could add to your site, but didn't know that there was a whole world of topics and discussions you could go to on disqus.com as well.  Much like Yahoo Answers, except that on Disqus you can set up your own channel and moderate it. 

I'm not sure when they began the "anyone can create a channel and run and moderate it" model, it was well over a year ago, and they've since stopped allowing it because it brings with it its own problems.  Prior to that, Lady Checkmate had earned a reputation as a whiny, irritating bitch with a major persecution complex.  She was roundly despised by nearly all the moderators on Disqus for the way she conducted herself and was kind of dismissed as the resident whackjob. 

Then it came time for her to set up her own channel where she could run things as she pleased.  And so began the infamous "Faith & Religion" channel on Disqus.

To the casual observer on Disqus, it appears that Faith & Religion is one of the more popular areas to discuss religion - it has over 70,000 subscribers.  But if you peek in on the channel itself it seems that the only people talking are a handful.  So what gives?  Well, to say that Lady Checkmate runs a tight ship is the understatement of the year.  She is notorious for banning people for anything she perceives to be an infraction of her absurdly rigid rules...and even when people DON'T break them.  She will ban you for simply disagreeing with her or taking anything she considers to be an anti-Christian stance.  And it doesn't stop there.  Most of the people she's banned have been Christians but not of HER brand (she's a Seventh Day Adventist).  If you are a Disqus member and haven't tried out her channel, I invite you to see how long you last over there. 

The absolute worst thing about her though is that her "channel rules" which she points people to repeatedly are a joke.  She doesn't even follow the rules herself.  If she doesn't like what you posted, you are often just banned, deleted, removed with no warning.  It will appear as though you were never there at all.  She also runs a "mediation" channel where people who've been banned from her place can go to appeal to be reinstated.  It's a joke too because she's queen of the castle there too and she'll either delete outright the appeal message or simply deny it.

There are crazy and overzealous moderators all over the place at Disqus but the powers that be over there have decreed that the moderator is always right and there is no going over their heads.  So ultimately Lady C is free to run her channel as she likes.  Everyone knows about her though, and she's frequently the topic of discussion when it comes to nutty moderators.  That's always burned my ass personally because she has set up a channel called "Faith & Religion" which sounds like a broad enough topic of discussion that anyone can take part, and you think with over 70,000 people it must be a good place to chat.  She should have called her channel "Extreme right-wing Christian fundamentalists Only" because that's closer to what's going on.

I make a hobby of annoying her.  Since once she bans you that's it, I'll often create new accounts and post on her channel at 3 in the morning, posts that take her to task for her fascist attitude. Then at least I know my posts will have a few hours of visibility before her imperial hand can wipe them away.

As for the content on "Faith & Religion" itself...well.  I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but I will begin to submit her over-the-top craziness in regular submissions here.

shykid

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2017, 11:13:14 am »
Wooow. What a total wack-a-doo.