Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072221 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2580 on: November 20, 2012, 06:12:54 pm »
Decided on a whim to do a job search in my area.

Apparently everything, including janitorial work requires 3-5 years of experience and at least a Bachelor's Degree. This does not bode well for me.

It's sad how the only way to prove you know how to use a mop requires a course thats costs god knows how much money
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #2581 on: November 20, 2012, 08:48:13 pm »
Today is my birthday and in my house (like most houses, I'm sure) we pick a birthday dinner. Since waking up this morning all I've been hearing is my mom complaining about how I ask too much of her and she doesn't have time for my dinner, and she's apparently been complaining to my siblings about me and how I shouldn't have asked for such an elaborate dinner. I asked for chicken parmesan. All I want to do right now it cry.
That's downright shitty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2582 on: November 20, 2012, 08:54:50 pm »
Today is my birthday and in my house (like most houses, I'm sure) we pick a birthday dinner. Since waking up this morning all I've been hearing is my mom complaining about how I ask too much of her and she doesn't have time for my dinner, and she's apparently been complaining to my siblings about me and how I shouldn't have asked for such an elaborate dinner. I asked for chicken parmesan. All I want to do right now it cry.

*hugs and comfies the Jeb*  That's a dictionary dick move, right there.  I'm sorry you gotta deal with that, Jeb.  If there's anything I can do, just gimmie the word.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2583 on: November 20, 2012, 09:10:58 pm »
I'm sick of hearing about "Black Friday". I just can't wait for it to be done and over with. I find the most of people that shop that day to be animals.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2584 on: November 20, 2012, 11:29:08 pm »

*hugs* That's fucking shitty. Chicken parmesan isn't even that damn elaborate. And it's cruel to complain about you to your siblings.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #2585 on: November 21, 2012, 01:52:50 am »

Apparently everything, including janitorial work requires 3-5 years of experience and at least a Bachelor's Degree. This does not bode well for me.

It's sad how the only way to prove you know how to use a mop requires a course thats costs god knows how much money

It just baffles me that a college degree is needed at all. I mean, the experience part was pretty stupid too, but still... A fucking B.D? The hell do they want? A chemist?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #2586 on: November 21, 2012, 02:48:20 pm »
So this annoys me. I am working at a pet super store now. And I just found out Black Friday a huge chunk of our live animals are going on sale for like 50% off. I don't like seeing people buy an animal then ask me what they need and how to take care of it. But putting them on sale when people are already in a buying mood can't be good for the critter in question. Even the stupid gerbil who bites me all the time deserves to be better than an impulse buy.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2587 on: November 21, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »
Spam scam messages that I keep getting like once every two weeks to try to get a battle.net/Diablo account I don't even own.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #2588 on: November 21, 2012, 09:49:02 pm »

WTF,when did being a janitor require a Bachelor's??

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2589 on: November 21, 2012, 11:05:15 pm »

WTF,when did being a janitor require a Bachelor's??
Doesn't surprise me at all. I had a phone interview with Target last week for a position the interviewer said is difficult to fill (freezer duty, so I'm sure it's unpleasant), and they never called back. Damn near everyone wants experienced workers, but nobody wants to train.

Economy's still bad enough that they can get away with it, too.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #2590 on: November 21, 2012, 11:14:36 pm »
Well, I had quite the opposite experience, and a lot of places didn't want to hire me because I have a BA, thinking that I would demand more money.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:16:16 pm by Nicki »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2591 on: November 21, 2012, 11:19:11 pm »
What's annoying me RIGHT NOW is the earworm of a commercial that's been on like 20 times already.  "The lights the lights that light the lights the lights that light the lights the lights that light the lights the light that lights..."

Blargh.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2592 on: November 21, 2012, 11:28:21 pm »
Got a weird annoyance today. I spent most of my morning and afternoon learning Forty-Six and 2 and, after working out several issues with my fretting technique that I didn't realizing I had, started feeling pretty good about how well the song was going so far (so far = up to the 1st chorus after 4hrs), then I go and watch this guy's new video so my hands can take a break, and feel completely incompetent as a musician.

I really should have known better after every other video of his.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2593 on: November 21, 2012, 11:57:26 pm »
What's annoying me RIGHT NOW is the earworm of a commercial that's been on like 20 times already.  "The lights the lights that light the lights the lights that light the lights the lights that light the lights the light that lights..."

Blargh.

You do not know how easy it would be for me to troll you right at this very moment.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2594 on: November 22, 2012, 12:15:40 am »
Oh I know I just opened myself up for trolling, but it's not like I haven't already been earworm-trolled by that bloody K-Mart commercial.