Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072791 times)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2625 on: November 25, 2012, 04:52:05 pm »
How is she having a go at you? She says she didn't reply and you weren't notified, so how would you know not to come in? Are you meant to be fucking psychic.

I find it hilarious that she's feeling pressured by your desire to help out. Apart from volunteering for clean up after floods I have never been in a situation where there were too many volunteers and they weren't desparate for more.

She already got pissed at me because I asked about a rule change since I volunteered there my senior year of high school. She accused me of trying to the break the rules to get hours. I was simply trying to find out what the rules were so that I wouldn't break them.

That rule, by the way, involved volunteers coming in whenever they wanted and reading to, playing with, or going on walks around the center with the kids. It was allowed then, but nowadays, under the new management (her), it's no longer an option. Since I asked, she's acted suspicious of me whenever I work alone with a kid or go get one for an activity.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2626 on: November 25, 2012, 04:54:57 pm »
That woman seems like a dick.

Usually asberger's related non-sense is what annoys me the most. I have a lot of "I'm not psychic" moments with people who seem to think I can just get things. I mean, my roommate and I have been having issues with each other since semester began because he just seems like he's a universe away from me. Though it might be that it's been a while since I've had to deal with someone really...

The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
« Reply #2627 on: November 25, 2012, 04:57:43 pm »

Usually asberger's related non-sense is what annoys me the most. I have a lot of "I'm not psychic" moments with people who seem to think I can just get things. I mean, my roommate and I have been having issues with each other since semester began because he just seems like he's a universe away from me. Though it might be that it's been a while since I've had to deal with someone really...

THIS. I miss most social things, and even though all my friends know I've got Aspergers they seem to forget how it works.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2628 on: November 25, 2012, 05:02:02 pm »

THIS. I miss most social things, and even though all my friends know I've got Aspergers they seem to forget how it works.

I avoid most social events and things because I just can't handle the crap that comes with it. It's taxing mentally and emotionally often with little or no reward.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2629 on: November 25, 2012, 07:54:49 pm »
How is she having a go at you? She says she didn't reply and you weren't notified, so how would you know not to come in? Are you meant to be fucking psychic.

I find it hilarious that she's feeling pressured by your desire to help out. Apart from volunteering for clean up after floods I have never been in a situation where there were too many volunteers and they weren't desparate for more.

She already got pissed at me because I asked about a rule change since I volunteered there my senior year of high school. She accused me of trying to the break the rules to get hours. I was simply trying to find out what the rules were so that I wouldn't break them.

That rule, by the way, involved volunteers coming in whenever they wanted and reading to, playing with, or going on walks around the center with the kids. It was allowed then, but nowadays, under the new management (her), it's no longer an option. Since I asked, she's acted suspicious of me whenever I work alone with a kid or go get one for an activity.

Time to go up the food chain and go to her boss.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
« Reply #2630 on: November 25, 2012, 09:08:45 pm »
She is the boss. She runs the volunteer program, and I don't know who officially outranks her.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2631 on: November 25, 2012, 09:16:23 pm »
There probably is someone above her.  I'd go find out who she reports to and file a complaint.

Ironbite-this woman....is unfuckingbelievable.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2632 on: November 26, 2012, 09:03:54 am »
Christmas music, everywhere. I'm sick of it already, and it's only been a few days after Thanksgiving.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2633 on: November 26, 2012, 09:50:33 am »
Christmas music, everywhere. I'm sick of it already, and it's only been a few days after Thanksgiving.

When I hear it in a store before Halloween, I have an immediate reaction of "I want to murder every manager in this store."

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2634 on: November 26, 2012, 10:16:39 am »
Managers often don't have any say in what type of music is played. Corporate will send them orders that they must follow, or risk being reported. At my mom's old store, they had zero control of the music. As in, there was no adjusting volume or anything, and it played 24/7, even after they closed and left the store.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2635 on: November 26, 2012, 01:53:11 pm »
Managers often don't have any say in what type of music is played. Corporate will send them orders that they must follow, or risk being reported. At my mom's old store, they had zero control of the music. As in, there was no adjusting volume or anything, and it played 24/7, even after they closed and left the store.

Good thing I don't tend to listen to the voices when they say "Murder" then.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2636 on: November 26, 2012, 04:32:20 pm »
There is little point in going to my Spanish class today because it mostly consists of a retake of a quiz that most people failed. I don't need to retake it. But if I don't go, my attendance looks shoddy and won't help my grade much.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2637 on: November 26, 2012, 05:20:34 pm »
Just do what I did in situations like that:  Sit quietly and read a book or draw on something.  Preferably not the desk, of course.  :p

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2638 on: November 26, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »
Just do what I did in situations like that:  Sit quietly and read a book or draw on something.  Preferably not the desk, of course.  :p

There's always sleeping.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2639 on: November 26, 2012, 05:30:32 pm »
I just play pokemon on my DS...
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!