Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071181 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6570 on: January 11, 2014, 12:33:43 am »
Back on the CWCki, I spent months with a Pinkie Pie version of the Repo! avatar I currently use. It started with a spate of changes to MLP avatars as part of a forum-wide running gag regarding the brony population, and I maintained it afterward purely because it made people irrationally, enormously mad to see it.

When some people at /cwc/ doxxed me, they legit thought I was a brony.

Not surprising. As a former lurker on /cwc/, I remember they would insta-ban and spew vitriol at anyone and everyone that even thought of posting MLP-anything. It was one of their better policies.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6571 on: January 11, 2014, 01:13:04 am »
Back on the CWCki, I spent months with a Pinkie Pie version of the Repo! avatar I currently use. It started with a spate of changes to MLP avatars as part of a forum-wide running gag regarding the brony population, and I maintained it afterward purely because it made people irrationally, enormously mad to see it.

When some people at /cwc/ doxxed me, they legit thought I was a brony.

Not surprising. As a former lurker on /cwc/, I remember they would insta-ban and spew vitriol at anyone and everyone that even thought of posting MLP-anything. It was one of their better policies.

There was actually a small "faction" on /cwc/ that hated the CWCki and everyone on it with a blind passion. They constantly sent in trolls and tried to dox as many people as they could, with the staff being the top targets.

Fun story: I was one of the people they doxxed back in 2012, when I was a moderator. The only trolling I got (despite my phone number, email, Tumblr, etc. being plastered around) was a pair of phone calls (only one of which even left a "JULAY" voicemail) and a pair of barely spammy messages on Tumblr.

To make things even better, they started fighting because I was too attractive. They thought I was some basement-dwelling fat brony virgin with Asperger's, a neckbeard, and a fedora. And.....well, you can see my pictures in the Member Pictures Thread. Some of them insisted that they must have been wrong about me, because nobody as attractive and normal as myself could ever be a CWCki moderator. A few of them stopped trolling altogether because of the infighting over my prettiness.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #6572 on: January 11, 2014, 01:23:03 am »
I honestly don't see how you can be around that website [CWCki] without getting a head-ache. Not only do they focus on the hell that poor man is living in to where it's toxic, but also it feels like an spin-off of the Encyclopaedia Dramatica - if the people there got sick of talking about him and moved everything from that article into an entire Wiki.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6573 on: January 11, 2014, 02:16:42 am »
So, basically Chitoryu12 was saved when his attackers were "distracted by sexy?"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6574 on: January 11, 2014, 08:27:52 am »
To make things even better, they started fighting because I was too attractive. They thought I was some basement-dwelling fat brony virgin with Asperger's, a neckbeard, and a fedora. And.....well, you can see my pictures in the Member Pictures Thread. Some of them insisted that they must have been wrong about me, because nobody as attractive and normal as myself could ever be a CWCki moderator. A few of them stopped trolling altogether because of the infighting over my prettiness.

I've heard many accounts for the feuding at CWCki, but this explanation appears to be the most objective and reasonable of them all.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6575 on: January 11, 2014, 02:04:47 pm »

I've heard many accounts for the feuding at CWCki, but this explanation appears to be the most objective and reasonable of them all.

I'm not kidding. The people who were trying to troll us had a very specific view of me; the only thing they knew about me was that I was a moderator and I had a pony avatar. They figured that I must have been some ugly freak and that they could embarrass me to death. But they pulled up my Tumblr, my Facebook, my modeling profile, etc. They literally thought that they must have gotten the wrong guy, and then started debating if I was really as weird as they thought. It was hilarious.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6576 on: January 11, 2014, 02:07:54 pm »
I have sore-vaccine-spot right now.

Totally worth it, but still a pain.  Literally.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6577 on: January 11, 2014, 02:16:14 pm »
I hate to break it to you, Chit, but you're not attractive.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6578 on: January 11, 2014, 02:22:23 pm »
I'm not kidding. The people who were trying to troll us had a very specific view of me; the only thing they knew about me was that I was a moderator and I had a pony avatar. They figured that I must have been some ugly freak and that they could embarrass me to death. But they pulled up my Tumblr, my Facebook, my modeling profile, etc. They literally thought that they must have gotten the wrong guy, and then started debating if I was really as weird as they thought. It was hilarious.

#FirstWorldProblems

Because I use Microsoft-style formatting for things like that.  I blame C#.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6579 on: January 11, 2014, 07:26:25 pm »
I hate to break it to you, Chit, but you're not attractive.

This.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6580 on: January 11, 2014, 08:27:34 pm »
I love the Elder Scrolls series of games to bits, but good GOD can the fandom be annoying. There's this specific subsection that does nothing but cry and scream about things like how CARROTS were initially weightless in Skyrim. These morons will claim, completely unironically, that weightless carrots have literally ruined the game.

And they whine on and on about "realism" and "immersion" (yet still oppose a fatness slider in character creation), complaining that Bethesda did not, in fact, employ a team of virgin oracles to foresee every little thing they might want or try to do in the game.
"Boo hoo, Besthesda did not cater to my extremely specific and possibly contradictory whims; I am after all more important that the entire fan base put together"
/firstworldproblems
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #6581 on: January 11, 2014, 08:55:26 pm »
I'm right with you. I love the Elder Scrolls to bits (especially Skyrim) but the fandom is ridiculous. Between the Stormcloak and Imperial partisans, The Morrowwind purists, and the worshipers of needless precision, I find it quite aggravating.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:13:22 pm by lord gibbon »
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6582 on: January 11, 2014, 10:34:57 pm »
I'm right with you. I live the Elder Scrolls to bits (especially Skyrim) but the fandom is ridiculous. Between the Stormcloak and Imperial partisans, The Morrowwind purists, and the worshipers of needless precision, I find it quite aggravating.

Not to mention the weird belief that they make up the ENTIRE fandom and that Bethesda has some kind of obligation to please them over actually making enough money to keep the company going. An actual obligation that they are somehow not living up to.
Moreover, Morrowind was my favourite game, but I greatly enjoy Oblivion and Skyrim...on their own merits. I'd get buried alive if I implied that I didn't really care for Daggerfall.
These dipsticks need to chill out. *sigh*
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6583 on: January 11, 2014, 10:48:42 pm »
Wait, buried alive where?  Most TES fandumb that I know of has barely even played Daggerfall.  The fact that they see fast travel as a terrible, casual thing (despite the fact that Morrowind is actually the most out-of-place one in the entire series because it lacks it) and that they define TES as Morrowind leads me to believe that most of them started with Morrowind and never looked back.

Same way with a lot of Final Fantasy fans starting with FF7 and becoming fanboys that hate every game that came after it simply because it wasn't FF7.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #6584 on: January 12, 2014, 12:03:41 am »
Well there's the RE fans who think anything before the RE4 type sucked. Yeah they put the fan in fanaticism.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)