Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075661 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7500 on: June 24, 2014, 07:03:52 pm »
The Something Awful forum's been down for over a day now.

Not excellent! I'm involved in two play-by-post games there!
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7501 on: June 24, 2014, 07:08:18 pm »
When people from other countries think they know more about how things are in your own country than you do.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7502 on: June 24, 2014, 07:09:10 pm »
The Something Awful forum's been down for over a day now.

-snip-

Not excellent! I'm involved in two play-by-post games there!

Yeah, but I'm a biased bastard because I hate that site and most people on it, so nyeeeeeeeh! :P

(Don't take me too seriously)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #7503 on: June 25, 2014, 01:23:23 am »
HOLY SHIT, THIS IS THE BIGGEST FUCKING HAILSTORM I'VE EVER BEEN IN AND I'M FUCKING TERRIFIED!
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7504 on: June 25, 2014, 08:59:05 pm »
My cat climbed up on my bed earlier.

Using my bare foot.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #7505 on: June 25, 2014, 09:25:34 pm »
When people from other countries think they know more about how things are in your own country than you do.

Kind of going off a tangent, it annoys me when people assume I'm some dumb conservative because I'm from Texas.  I am not, and so are millions of other Texans here.

HOLY SHIT, THIS IS THE BIGGEST FUCKING HAILSTORM I'VE EVER BEEN IN AND I'M FUCKING TERRIFIED!

I hope nothing was damaged where you live, lord gibbon.  I hope the hail wasn't that huge.  I've seen hail as big as tennis balls.  One time, when I was a kid, hail the size of baseballs to softballs fell one night, but it was during the night and when I woke up, they were all gone.

My cat climbed up on my bed earlier.

Using my bare foot.

When I had cats, they would like to sit on my lap.  That was fine until they would start doing that clawing and kneading thing on my pants, and their claws would dig into my skin.  Ouch.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #7506 on: June 25, 2014, 10:35:17 pm »
Well, I'm ok. The hail was only about Ping-Pong ball sized. What made it scary was sheer quantity. We're talking veils of ice constantly falling, it sounded like a drummers convention. Ad to that strong winds and near constant lightning, and you have one hell of a storm. No one died, but my mom's garden was utterly shredded, the trees around town have lost a lot of branches, and I've seen more than one dead bird.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7507 on: June 26, 2014, 01:04:39 pm »
I literally have a headache from trying to work out how damage from convection (from lava) will work in my game.  I've gotten what appears to be a reasonable, in game terms (that is to say likely not realistic in the slightest), formula for how far the heat can spread thru air and how it interacts with solid barriers (the spread is halved for each meter of solid barrier between the lava and the next available air block), but I'm having a bitch of a time figuring out how to say, in mathematical terms, "you'll take X damage per second per meter away from the lava you're near, depending on how hot the lava is and how far its heat can spread."  Breaking things down to numbers is fun, but it can be a bear, lemme tell ya.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7508 on: June 26, 2014, 03:51:57 pm »
So a few days ago I applied for a job at Barns & Nobel seeing as my household is going through some financial problems, I got rejected... so it's back to square fucking one. Hopefully the coffee shop I applied to hires me.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7509 on: June 26, 2014, 04:33:21 pm »
Lately I've been getting really annoyed at this attitude of perceiving isolated inappropriate comments as something horrible that the person should be condemned forever. I'm getting sick of people acting like x actor or y comedian is irredeemable because they said something in poor taste once - especially in the case of comedians, since it's kind of their job to say things that would be offensive in most non-comedic situations. I mean yes, sometimes people go way over the line, and yes, they should be called out on it, but that line seems to be moving closer and closer to "what personally offends me, regardless of context", and context... is important. There are still enough people out there constantly spewing horrible racist, sexist, anti-LGBT and the like comments that I don't think we need to resort to a witch-hunt.

..also the idea that a person doing or saying one bad thing invalidates everything good that they've done and said in the past. I'm noticing this more and more, and it's starting to bother me...

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #7510 on: June 26, 2014, 06:47:18 pm »
I literally have a headache from trying to work out how damage from convection (from lava) will work in my game.  I've gotten what appears to be a reasonable, in game terms (that is to say likely not realistic in the slightest), formula for how far the heat can spread thru air and how it interacts with solid barriers (the spread is halved for each meter of solid barrier between the lava and the next available air block), but I'm having a bitch of a time figuring out how to say, in mathematical terms, "you'll take X damage per second per meter away from the lava you're near, depending on how hot the lava is and how far its heat can spread."  Breaking things down to numbers is fun, but it can be a bear, lemme tell ya.

D&D generally uses 1d6 damage if you're in close proximity to lava, and 20d6 if you're actually in it. A good idea might be to increase the type of die used depending on distance (use 1d12 if you're within 5 feet, 1d4 if you're on the other side of the room, etc.)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7511 on: June 26, 2014, 10:55:40 pm »
I heard rumours that Marvel might be interested in making a Sentry movie - just for reference, Sentry is essentially blond pretty boy Superman but struggling against psychotic illness and a split personality and with more Jungian Psychology and Angelic motifs. And the Marvel fanboys are already leaping out to call this idea a travesty, and if it happens "I am done with this company!"

Their main argument seems to be that he was badly handled in the main comics, and thus, he should not ever be on the big screen. And this whopper of an unfortunate implications argument delivered by one fanbrat I encountered; "The mentally ill belong in asylums - they have no right to be heroes!"

I brought up Deadpool, and his retort was "but Deadpool's a fun kind of crazy - Reynolds isn't." Newsflash, fanbrats, having psychoses is not a joyride.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7512 on: June 26, 2014, 11:26:43 pm »
Deadpool's not insane.  He's just aware of the 4th wall.

Ironbite-Sentry is legit insane.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7513 on: June 26, 2014, 11:37:32 pm »
Why the hell did Chrome ever take away the 'set as desktop wallpaper' option?  And furthermore, why the hell has only one person ever made an extension that puts it in?  Nevermind that that one extension hasn't been in the Web Store for forever and has seemed to have recently stopped working altogether (I downloaded it before it got removed).  And I can't find any userscripts that add it.

It's just really tedious having to save the image, open up Pictures, find the image, set it as the wallpaper, then open up Control Panel because Vista is a piece of shit that won't let me set 'Stretch' as the default wallpaper setting.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #7514 on: June 26, 2014, 11:43:49 pm »
I have the same problem, except I can't change the wallpaper through Control Panel.  I have to use Firefox to do it.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."