Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075496 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8220 on: November 01, 2014, 02:35:33 pm »
When you start posting something and it gets randomly deleted for no reason (just happened now).

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8221 on: November 03, 2014, 12:26:17 am »
It's fucking November, we've already had our first snowfall, so why are there still mosquitos?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8222 on: November 03, 2014, 01:06:39 am »
Cause they don't die they simply adapt and become more annoying. (Trust me I'm from the South those fuckers stay here all year round.)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8223 on: November 03, 2014, 04:31:01 am »
My mom was talking about how she hates going to a certain grocery store near her workplace and apropos of jack shit my dad asks "because of all the Jews?"
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8224 on: November 03, 2014, 10:30:04 am »
I'd love to teleport your dad to old South Beach around Lincoln Road Mall....What a schmuck!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8225 on: November 03, 2014, 11:37:34 am »
I'd love to teleport your dad to old South Beach around Lincoln Road Mall....What a schmuck!

Better yet, teleport him to Israel.   ;D

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8226 on: November 03, 2014, 12:00:30 pm »
Actually, after the little discussion we had this morning I think it would be better to zap him back to the Reagan presidency he admires so much... in the body of a poor black woman. Or maybe just teleport him literally anywhere else on the planet.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8227 on: November 03, 2014, 02:42:54 pm »
I almost hit a deer with my car.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8228 on: November 03, 2014, 04:34:12 pm »
I almost hit a deer with my car.

Oh deer.

I'm sorry.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #8229 on: November 03, 2014, 04:57:04 pm »
Overly moderated message boards.  Obviously that's not the case here, but other message boards are terrible in that regard.  For some, it's just a ban on controversial topics.  The moderators can become very strict about what constitutes controversial (they wouldn't allow a discussion on SOPA even though if passed, it could have killed the site), but compared to some of these other sites, bans on controversial topics are at the low end of overly moderated.  I've been on message boards where mods have banned people for things as petty as spelling and grammar errors.  And then there's the editors.  My god the editors who have to edit every post so that it fits perfectly in line with everything else.  Fucking font can result in  editing and don't get me started on those douchebag mods who delete or edit posts because they go slightly off topic. 

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8230 on: November 03, 2014, 05:18:46 pm »
Overly moderated message boards.  Obviously that's not the case here, but other message boards are terrible in that regard.  For some, it's just a ban on controversial topics.  The moderators can become very strict about what constitutes controversial (they wouldn't allow a discussion on SOPA even though if passed, it could have killed the site), but compared to some of these other sites, bans on controversial topics are at the low end of overly moderated.  I've been on message boards where mods have banned people for things as petty as spelling and grammar errors.  And then there's the editors.  My god the editors who have to edit every post so that it fits perfectly in line with everything else.  Fucking font can result in  editing and don't get me started on those douchebag mods who delete or edit posts because they go slightly off topic. 

That's one of my only complaints about the FTB forums: activist mods.  I've had a post edited because I said the word "fuck."  Yes, they have a "no cussing" rule, because apparently, 13 year-olds (the "minimum age" of the forums, though we all know kids lie thru their teeth about that shit) have never heard a single curse word, and most certainly DON'T use language saltier than the most weathered sailor, therefore we must protect their virgin eyes from nasty bad words.  Fucking pansies.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8231 on: November 03, 2014, 06:18:18 pm »
Although we did not know what the word really meant yet, all the kids I knew in grammar school said fuck quite often. Starting at ages six to eight. Back in the sixties. Pansies, indeed, these mods (not the kids).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8232 on: November 04, 2014, 11:36:35 am »

That's one of my only complaints about the FTB forums: activist mods.  I've had a post edited because I said the word "fuck."  Yes, they have a "no cussing" rule, because apparently, 13 year-olds (the "minimum age" of the forums, though we all know kids lie thru their teeth about that shit) have never heard a single curse word, and most certainly DON'T use language saltier than the most weathered sailor, therefore we must protect their virgin eyes from nasty bad words.  Fucking pansies.
Fast Eddie just had an orgasm.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8233 on: November 04, 2014, 11:53:00 am »

Fast Eddie just had an orgasm.

...Meanwhile I got annoyed when another forum I go to has people starting topics in wrong sections. In retrospect it was a mild annoyance.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #8234 on: November 06, 2014, 12:27:31 pm »
Certain forms of tone policing are infuriating to me.  Particularly those who lecture others about how they should get the message across.  On another forum, I once used sarcasm to convey my disgust toward the war on drugs.  I said something to the extent of "free country my ass!" and got lectured about how I should move to Iraq and that my sarcasm poisoned my message somehow.  No, it only poisoned the message to those who made such a big deal about it. 

On the other hand, those who cry "TONE POLICING!" just because others are put off by their abrasive personality can suck it.  There's a fine line between being a douche who tells others how to communicate and responding to douchey behavior.