Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073396 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8565 on: February 05, 2015, 12:44:26 am »
The honors supervisor is taking his sweet ass time to review the honors applications. he has until the fifteenth, but fuck i just wanna know if I got in or not. I already have a supervisor and an awesome project to fuck around in.  ACCEPT ME DAMNIT
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8566 on: February 05, 2015, 11:54:00 am »
That episodes of old shows are missing. It's particularly bad with Doctor Who, but even with other shows it's annoying. I'm currently listening through the old radio show Suspense (you can find it on the Internet Archive) and while the episodes are (mostly) self-contained--there's the occasional two-parter, which was very uncommon in those days--I think I'd enjoy it more if all the episodes still existed.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8567 on: February 05, 2015, 01:27:39 pm »
Forumites that start interesting threads and suddenly remove them. Sometimes it feels like I have to screencap everything they say.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8568 on: February 05, 2015, 03:44:15 pm »
People who try and turn police brutality into a racial issue.  It's true that there's a strong racial component in many cases, and ignoring that would be really stupid.  But focusing on that element at the expense of everything else is just as dumb.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8569 on: February 08, 2015, 02:25:08 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8570 on: February 08, 2015, 02:35:15 pm »
Is it hot to the touch?  Are you running a fever?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8571 on: February 08, 2015, 03:12:02 pm »

No fever, and if the swelling on my hurt shin is any warmer than my other shin, the difference is so slight it's not immediately noticeable, if at all (though it doesn't help that I sit with my legs folded constantly).  The skin above the swelling feels weird when I touch it, kind of like a numb feeling, but not really.  When I press it, there's hardly any pain, but it feels weird, like pressing down on a water balloon.

And when I say 'balloon' I don't mean spherical, like a grapefruit.  It's long, running up my shin where the scrape is, and it's not even raised enough to be immediately noticeable unless you actually stop and look at the leg.  But I sure as hell can feel it.  Sometimes it almost tickles when it shifts, it feels so weird.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8572 on: February 08, 2015, 03:45:27 pm »
i just vomited out my guts ( bad meat), and my nostrils feel like they're on fire.

Ugh.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8573 on: February 08, 2015, 03:47:32 pm »

No fever, and if the swelling on my hurt shin is any warmer than my other shin, the difference is so slight it's not immediately noticeable, if at all (though it doesn't help that I sit with my legs folded constantly).  The skin above the swelling feels weird when I touch it, kind of like a numb feeling, but not really.  When I press it, there's hardly any pain, but it feels weird, like pressing down on a water balloon.

And when I say 'balloon' I don't mean spherical, like a grapefruit.  It's long, running up my shin where the scrape is, and it's not even raised enough to be immediately noticeable unless you actually stop and look at the leg.  But I sure as hell can feel it.  Sometimes it almost tickles when it shifts, it feels so weird.

Could be a pocket of fluid (seroma or hematoma maybe?) that gathered there as a reaction to your injury.   I'd keep an eye on it and get it looked at if it doesn't go down.

Disclaimer:  This just comes from 30+ years of reading medical books and studying the human body on my own time, teaching my own self.  Hence why I suggested a doctor if it doesn't get any better, gets worse, or gets hot or painful.

i just vomited out my guts ( bad meat), and my nostrils feel like they're on fire.

Ugh.

As far as THAT...  Your body pretty much took care of that itself, hopefully.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8574 on: February 08, 2015, 05:56:39 pm »

It might be easier for us to armchair doctor if we had a picture.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8575 on: February 08, 2015, 08:26:37 pm »

It's cancer.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8576 on: February 08, 2015, 08:33:33 pm »

It's cancer.

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8577 on: February 08, 2015, 10:46:24 pm »
SILENCE! 

It's NEVER lupus.

Except for that ONE time...

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8578 on: February 13, 2015, 06:31:20 pm »
I have contracted another ear infection! Fucking hell!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8579 on: February 14, 2015, 01:15:47 am »
I cant use google anymore because of an sll error. Nothing seems to be working, and my boyfriend cant get it through his thick skull that if something doesnt work, it just wont work.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.