Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069435 times)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8895 on: July 13, 2015, 12:55:02 am »
Probably having to go back to the ranch because DFCS is made of failure. Also, my best friend abruptly stopped talking to me, blocked me on Facebook, and won't answer her phone. I want to know what I did wrong so I can fix it, but... Oh, and her fiancee hates my guts, and is likely behind this. So yeah.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8896 on: July 13, 2015, 09:31:47 am »
Don't know if I've said this before but:
The "Africans sold themselves into slavery" line I here from slavery apologists.

I'm sorry, I didn't know Africa was a single unified nation with a uniform ethnic group and religion backround! So nice to know the backround of an entire continent can be lumped together like that!

Seriously, people never talk about Europe or Asia like it has a uniform culture and people.

To be fair, I've lost count of the number of people who refer to everyone in East Asia as Chinese, and get pissy if you correct them.

People can be racist in all sorts of fun, interesting ways!
Σא

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8897 on: July 15, 2015, 12:01:43 am »
The "Africans sold themselves into slavery" line I here from slavery apologists.

I'm sorry, I didn't know Africa was a single unified nation with a uniform ethnic group and religion backround! So nice to know the backround of an entire continent can be lumped together like that!

Seriously, people never talk about Europe or Asia like it has a uniform culture and people.

To be fair, I've lost count of the number of people who refer to everyone in East Asia as Chinese, and get pissy if you correct them.

Really? Here in my neck of the woods, anybody who comes from a Spanish  (or Portuguese) speaking country is a Mexican. Same thing though when you go to correct them.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8898 on: July 15, 2015, 12:47:39 am »

Really? Here in my neck of the woods, anybody who comes from a Spanish  (or Portuguese) speaking country is a Mexican. Same thing though when you go to correct them.

Ouch. That's not pleasant.

(Does Portuguese sound similar to Spanish if you're not familiar with either? I can't really judge, because of course they sound different to me, but...)
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8899 on: July 15, 2015, 12:51:09 am »

Ouch. That's not pleasant.

(Does Portuguese sound similar to Spanish if you're not familiar with either? I can't really judge, because of course they sound different to me, but...)

There are definite similarities, but I can tell the difference.  Then again, I'm bilingual, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8900 on: July 15, 2015, 01:01:45 am »

Speaking as someone who can only recognize English and German readily, Spanish and Portuguese (and Italian, but not French) sound alike to me.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8901 on: July 15, 2015, 07:39:07 am »
All y'all langiges sound tha same ta me.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8902 on: July 15, 2015, 11:21:12 am »
Spanish and Portuguese are kind of close. At least close enough to get the Brazilian guy called a Mexican.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8903 on: July 15, 2015, 03:24:34 pm »
Getting strep twice in two months. Augh.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8904 on: July 19, 2015, 03:56:46 pm »
Fucking Teen Titans Go.

The show is legitimately worse than Johhny test. At least that shows protagonist idn't seem like someone who would subscribe to The Redpill.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:59:41 pm by I am lizard »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8905 on: July 19, 2015, 05:26:23 pm »
Fucking Teen Titans Go.

The show is legitimately worse than Johhny test. At least that shows protagonist idn't seem like someone who would subscribe to The Redpill.

Yeah I kinda refuse to watch it because while they got all the voice actors back, it has none of the spirit of the original show.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8906 on: July 19, 2015, 06:42:19 pm »
Fucking Teen Titans Go.

Yeah I kinda refuse to watch it because while they got all the voice actors back, it has none of the spirit of the original show.

Agreed.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8907 on: July 19, 2015, 06:49:30 pm »
Fucking Teen Titans Go.

Agreed.

Its sad, because Teen Titans, while a bit campy, was legitimately good and very watchable.  What little I saw of it was...highly disappointing.  None of the subtlety, little of interest, and the Titans had all been reduced to bare-bones caricatures of the relatable, likeable originals.

I'd wonder why the original got shitcanned, but then I remember that children nowadays are utter, complete simpletons and Cartoon Nitwit has been pandering to the lowest common denominator since, at least, they started airing live-action bullshit.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8908 on: July 19, 2015, 06:56:13 pm »
Cause they didn't get any more episodes ordered.

That's it.  That's all there is too it.  Teen Titans had it's run and that was that.  No big mystery as to why it was canned, just ran out of episodes.

Ironbite-now Green Lantern and Young Justice those got shitcanned.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8909 on: July 20, 2015, 08:21:26 am »
Huh, I always figured it was a case of executive incompetence, since that's what kills most good shows.  Still kinda sad, because they could've done a lot more with the series.