Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072794 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9000 on: September 09, 2015, 12:57:07 am »
People who use "Autistic" as an insult.  I'm not Autistic, and even I'm offended.  I can only imagine how actual Autistics feel.
I don't like it either. Worse yet, on one forum I post on, it's part of their culture to use "autistic" to describe anything they don't like.

I know, right? That's so gay.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9001 on: September 09, 2015, 02:06:54 am »
People who use "Autistic" as an insult.  I'm not Autistic, and even I'm offended.  I can only imagine how actual Autistics feel.
I don't like it either. Worse yet, on one forum I post on, it's part of their culture to use "autistic" to describe anything they don't like.

Don't forget that any occasion where some mistake or misplaced object bothers you is clearly OCD.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9002 on: September 09, 2015, 09:39:39 am »

Don't forget that any occasion where some mistake or misplaced object bothers you is clearly OCD.

This one annoys me especially because most people have no idea how painful actual OCD can be. An example: My sister has it, so any time she touched an object, she always had to touch the other side of it. That kind of behavioral pattern really interrupts your daily life. The thoughts are far worse, though. Your brain turns on you and forces you to picture horrific images, like you murdering your family. Obviously you'd never commit such an act, but your brain gives no fucks and wants to supply you with vivid imagery. It's far more damaging than people make it out to be.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9003 on: September 09, 2015, 10:02:36 am »
i've got a lot of compulsive behaviors and obsessions (mostly due to residual paranoia), but i'm by no means ocd, and i know it. it's annoying enough having to keep your (admittedly large) knife collection srupulously clean (read, near sterile) and razor-sharp (as in, you can shave your face with them) on the off-chance you'll get to use it this month, but it's not life-destroying. my friends used to bug out about this, but they just accept it's part of my quirks. and they're happy enough i bring my knives at cookouts.

i'm barely functional as it is, i can't imagine what it would be with full-blown ocd on top.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9004 on: September 09, 2015, 10:07:05 am »
Guizonde  (capitalized due to beginning of a sentence) that's caked being responsible. I do the same thing. A dirty dull knife is worse than useless.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9005 on: September 09, 2015, 01:19:31 pm »
i loll'd at that. you're right, rookie. that's what i was taught, and from there i went overboard. i forgot to mention that i clean and sharpen my knives after every use, and if i don't use them, i try to clean them everyday on the off-chance i might need them. that's where it gets in obsessive territory.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #9006 on: September 09, 2015, 08:54:19 pm »

This one annoys me especially because most people have no idea how painful actual OCD can be. An example: My sister has it, so any time she touched an object, she always had to touch the other side of it. That kind of behavioral pattern really interrupts your daily life. The thoughts are far worse, though. Your brain turns on you and forces you to picture horrific images, like you murdering your family. Obviously you'd never commit such an act, but your brain gives no fucks and wants to supply you with vivid imagery. It's far more damaging than people make it out to be.

I just keep remembering something Deimos posted here once.  "Ah, OCD.  Did I remember to lock the door?  Better check 20 times, just to make sure!!"
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Even Then

« Reply #9007 on: September 10, 2015, 09:53:32 am »
"Person X is not homophobic, they just think homosexuality is inherently wrong and sinful and disgusting! It's not like person X is directly beating up gay people or anything, so they can't be homophobic!"

*screams internally in sheer rage*

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9008 on: September 10, 2015, 07:02:13 pm »
Apparently the latest Chrome update has fucked up the function of available tab suspender extensions.  Users of The Great Suspender are reporting that unsuspending a single tab causes all suspended tabs to activate.  If I'm on tumblr and open a Cracked article in a separate tab, the suspender I currently use will cause the Cracked page to suddenly jump to the top and lock up while the tumblr tab is being suspended, only for the tumblr tab to then be saved as the Cracked tab.  There was another one that also seems to be having issues after this update.

It sucks for me, because I need a tab suspender to cut down on lag, since I always have a buttload of tabs open.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9009 on: September 10, 2015, 07:29:05 pm »
It has also made YouTube act like crap I had to actually re-download Fire Fox (a program I hated when they decided to turn every other text you use into an ad) so I could finally use fucking YouTube without it acting like crap.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9010 on: September 10, 2015, 07:42:28 pm »
I'll just be over here, using Opera.

Ironbite-a super stable browser.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9011 on: September 10, 2015, 09:58:42 pm »
It has also made YouTube act like crap I had to actually re-download Fire Fox (a program I hated when they decided to turn every other text you use into an ad) so I could finally use fucking YouTube without it acting like crap.

That is not normal functionality.  You got a malicious addon, somewhere.  Disabling and removing it will correct the issue.  A virus scan afterwards is also a good idea.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9012 on: September 10, 2015, 11:59:49 pm »
Indeed.  I never had Firefox do that to me either.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9013 on: September 11, 2015, 12:18:43 am »
I've not seen an ad on Firefox in years. Adblock is a wonderful thing.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9014 on: September 11, 2015, 02:00:13 am »
This was like years ago so meh.