Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073271 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9255 on: October 19, 2015, 07:50:37 am »
Truth be told, either trapping or poisoning will need to be my stopgap. I'll try trapping to start off with. I hear a 1mx1mx1m cube made of chicken wire with a hole in the top (big enough for a bird to jump down but too small to fly back out) gets the job done, and sounds simple enough that even I could do it.
Well, that was a massive failure. Turns out it's not so simple that even I can do it. At least not in this heat.

On the other hand, they tucked right into a bit of bread soaked in fly spray, so it should all be good once that kicks in. Hopefully tomorrow things will be nice and quiet from 5am onwards.

art, are you in the southern hemisphere? if not, yew berries are ripening, that combined with fat and syrup should make for a lethal deliciously irresistible poison. granted, you need access to a yew tree...

I'm in Australia, so yeah, not really an option, unfortunately. Sounds like an awesome idea though, assuming dogs aren't interested in it.

Though if you have any recipes involving Australian flora, I'd be most intrigued.

dogs should have the constitution to handle a bit of poisoning from a yew tree. it's toxic, but dogs are sturdy. uh... rat poison mixed with jelly? should do the job (i think). although having a yew tree in my parents' backyard, i never had to buy poison, just mask the berries' taste and smell.

edit because better idea: put the poison in an ashtray or equivalent in a high crossbranch. last i checked, dogs can't climb, and i don't wanna be the catalyst for a dog's death.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:08:54 am by guizonde »
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9256 on: October 19, 2015, 12:17:47 pm »
How about a BB gun? Plink those bastards and feed the local cats.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9257 on: October 19, 2015, 09:16:05 pm »
Certain bosses and monsters in Kingdom Hearts 2 FM;

* Genie Jafar: Fuck this guy and his Shabadabada and his weird building throwing dimension. Let alone how utterly bizarre the boss battle is. You stun a spinning genie...by making him dizzy. There's also how weird the hitbox on his head is.

* Roxas: This guy gave me a fit when I first fought him until I realized all his attacks can be Guarded...until they cant.

* those big red spellcasty things: FUCK YOU THINGS! FUCK THE FACT I NEED TO FIGHT YOU OVER AND OVER FOR BLAZING CRYSTALS! FUCK YOUR EXTREMELY FAST EXPLOSIONS AND HOMING BLASTS! FUCK! YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

* Sorcerer Nobodies: They are no fun, they hit you randomly with big pink boxes, and they're immune to most magic, and while Reflega certainly helps, it doesn't alleviate everything. Most notably their utterly infuriating combo halting attacks.

* those fucking Car Heartless: They move lightning fast, they become invincible randomly, and are paired in a very difficult area with ghosts who're invincible to one form of attack or another and Cannonades who randomly interrupt you with their long range bullshit attacks.

Though I do have to say fighting Groundshaker was difficult, somewhat annoying, but became absolutely epic when I played Guren No Yumiya while fighting him.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #9258 on: October 21, 2015, 11:55:02 pm »
Group projects.

I'm doing a graphic design and storytelling project, and I foolishly allowed someone else to become involved, and he's making it impossible to move forward.  I genuinely like the guy, and his work is good, but he's so detail-oriented and has so little time to devote to the project that it takes him forever to do anything.  Before he joined, I had been working on the project for 10 months, and had moved through 19 years of story.  In the 5 months after he joined, we moved forward 7 years.  That's not as fast as I would like, but it's tolerable.  In the past 3 months, we've moved basically 1 year.  I confronted him about it over a month ago (I told him that we needed to get moving, and asked if there was anything that I could do to help).  He apologized, and said that he would move forward within the week.  Instead, he launched into a massive side story, then stopped halfway through.  He hasn't posted anything in over 2 weeks.

I'm thinking that I just have to offer an ultimatum:  I'm posting the next year on Friday.  If you're caught up, that's cool, if you're not, that's too bad, but you've left me unable to do anything for months.  If you don't have time to do this, you don't have time to do it, which is fine, but I can't let you hold me up anymore.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9259 on: October 24, 2015, 12:53:26 pm »
I keep on missing all of the local Bernie Sanders Volunteer get to gathers because I have a shitty retail job where my work hours are a jumbled mess, so I have to go out on my own, and I fear I might fuck up.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9260 on: October 24, 2015, 04:45:05 pm »
My advice, go call the local volunteer place and ask them what you can do.  Better then fucking up on your own.

Even Then

« Reply #9261 on: October 24, 2015, 05:32:40 pm »
So there's this game called Undertale. This game was funded on Kickstarter. A furry artist who does fat furry art (but also does more ordinary stuff and doesn't shove the niche fat art into people's faces) donated 500 bucks and got a character put into the game as a secret boss. Said character is just about as wholesome as the rest of the enemies in Undertale.

Large chunk of the fanbase flips its shit, blames the furry artist for "corrupting" the game with "creepy fetish stuff", proceeds to harass the artist and slander them.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9262 on: October 25, 2015, 08:58:06 am »
for the second week in a row, a gaming group i'm trying to set up has cancelled the game an hour before the start. ok, fine, shit happens, but i'd like to have a bit more foreknowledge than one hour! i had my key in the door when i received the cancellation text this time!
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #9263 on: October 26, 2015, 06:55:21 am »
So there's this game called Undertale. This game was funded on Kickstarter. A furry artist who does fat furry art (but also does more ordinary stuff and doesn't shove the niche fat art into people's faces) donated 500 bucks and got a character put into the game as a secret boss. Said character is just about as wholesome as the rest of the enemies in Undertale.

Large chunk of the fanbase flips its shit, blames the furry artist for "corrupting" the game with "creepy fetish stuff", proceeds to harass the artist and slander them.
It's funny (and by "funny" I mean "headache inducing") how many of those same people screeching about So Sorry have fetish art of Toriel somewhere on their hard drives.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9264 on: October 26, 2015, 04:56:26 pm »
There is a manga about Sumo wrestling. I decided to check it even if I don't usually like sports mangas, since it was at least a bit different from the usual ones.

After half a chapter it is clear that they had a dilemma, as you just can't make a lead character who is fat because all the mangas need attractive main characters and only comedic side characters can be fat. This is obviously a problem in a story about Sumo wrestlers.

...Naturally they went with a tiny good looking dude who is incredibly good at Sumo despite lacking weight and a fat, stupid and cowardly side-kick...

I'm going to read a few chapters just to see if there is at least some potential in it simply because I don't want to judge the manga based on few pages, but this does not look good.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9265 on: October 27, 2015, 12:56:22 am »
Maybe he's secretly wearing iron boots.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9266 on: October 27, 2015, 04:40:38 am »
Maybe he's secretly wearing iron boots.

Which you absolutely can't tell Renado about!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9267 on: October 27, 2015, 04:58:29 am »
I was so hoping somebody would get that. :D :D :D

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9268 on: October 27, 2015, 07:37:30 pm »
The numlock key on my laptop doesn't have an indicator light like caps lock (figure THAT ONE out, Sherlock), so I have to test the keys to know if I have it on or not.  Especially vexing since I have to do my calculus homework on my laptop as the MathXL site doesn't load on the desktop, for some reason.  Also means that, by the time I'm done with the long-winded exercises, my back hurts like a motherfucker.  FUN TIMES.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9269 on: October 27, 2015, 08:08:39 pm »
I remember when we did math on a piece of paper (or 20, depending on the size of the problems and how much work you had to 'show'.)   Ah, those halcyon days of youth...