Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073308 times)

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9645 on: February 14, 2016, 02:18:41 pm »
I had a nervous breakdown as a teenager in no small part because I was being cyberbullied. People who don't think cyberbullying is a big deal can go fuck themselves.

I also hate how people think "just ignore it" is an effective way to deal with bullying.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9646 on: February 14, 2016, 10:22:21 pm »
"STOP DUMPING PISS ON MY COUCH!"

"Just ignore it and don't use the couch sweaty :)"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9647 on: February 15, 2016, 01:46:24 am »
It appears that Finland is about to get a new law that will make it illegal for poor/middle class people to get married to a foreigner and giving them a Finnish citizenship. The law is supposed to stop immigrants and refugees from bringing their families to the country unless they can support them but:

a) The amount of money a person must earn per month to be allowed to get married is really high. I have never earned even half of that sum and it's pretty much set so high as to be impossible for refugees.
b) Finnish laws apply to everyone. You can't make a law in Finland and say that it only applies to brown people so this will also stop all non-rich Finns from getting married to a foreigner (at least if they would like to bring their wife/husband to Finland.)
c) Would you rather have in your country some families who have fled a war together or lonely young men who are angry because their family can't escape that war and join them in their new home?

I get the feeling this law will not work as intended and may in fact violate the constitution. ...And it would not be the first time this government designs a law that isn't constitutional.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9648 on: February 16, 2016, 12:18:48 am »
That sounds like something from Victorian Britain.
"No vagrants or peasants are permitted to marry with a half-blood."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9649 on: February 16, 2016, 02:29:03 pm »
Got my sword today.  And its all but fucking IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the fucking scabbard.  Whatever asshole put this bastard in here wedged it into the wood so hard that I'd need some kind of inverse hydraulic press just to get the son of a bitch out.  Anyone know a way to get a sword out of a difficult scabbard without cutting my fucking arm off?  I've tried large amounts of WD-40, but all its doing is soaking into the wood of the scabbard and isn't helping.  I can't even wriggle the son of a bitch.  I was looking forward to this thing for a long time, fulfillment of a childhood dream.  And, now, I'm being fucked over because of some overzealous manufacturer and a few inches of godforsaken wood.

[ETA]

HAHAAA!  TOOL-USING SPECIES, BITCH!  Got a pair of needle-nose pliers between the crossguard and the upper lip of the scabbard and I successfully wrested the sword from the stone!  THE LORD HAS HIS SWORD, AT LAST!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:10:02 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9650 on: February 16, 2016, 10:08:43 pm »
The slobbering minions of Peyton Manning on twitter never stop denying their master is anything but an American Hero.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Even Then

« Reply #9651 on: February 17, 2016, 02:17:03 am »
So there's this teacher at the degree programme I'm in (which is in English). His teaching materials are littered with bad grammar, typos and occasional Finnish. About three weeks back (I think) I offered to proofread his stuff for him because I was just that offended. We struck a deal; he'll give me credits if I proofread some of his slides, fix up the English, stuff like that. It's actually great; I get to do something I enjoy and find to be fulfilling work, benefit from it and feel worthwhile. I even translated an official application-thing for him into English, and received commendations for it. (Even though they don't feel as affirming from him as they would from someone else, they're still pretty affirming. :) )

Anyway. That's not the annoying part. The annoying part came today, a few days after I gave him my revisions on a set of slides for a course. I logged into our database, I checked the slides... and not only did he keep some of the slideshows as-is (the bad ones with the bad English), he left in the comments I made on some of the fixed slides. On the final versions he uploaded into the database. (Stuff like "I kept this as-is because I wasn't sure what you meant. M.P." I was behind on schedule, so I decided that there's some things I should leave to the teacher actually using the material.) I... just... I get that he's busy, being a guidance counselor in addition to being a teacher and all, but. Hate. Hate and despair. Hate and despair and a frustration as heavy as the weight of the sky on Atlas' shoulders.

Also, after facepalming over that I noticed I'd left some of the teacher's random Finnish bits uncorrected. I felt like a failure because I do actually take this seriously. (I sent him a fixed version, obviously. I asked him to inform me if he notices any other errors, but... I wouldn't hold my breath.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:24:28 am by Even Then »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9652 on: February 17, 2016, 01:59:56 pm »
Does the Uni allow stuff like what you're working on to be hosted in the cloud, password protected of course, so you can both edit it at any time? The most popular like Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive are free, and nobody can get at it without a check mark in the allowed list and a unique link. We use both those cloud services for almost all projects in the condominium board I serve on.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #9653 on: February 17, 2016, 04:04:01 pm »
It would in theory I guess, but I can't be arsed to figure out the cloud.  I should.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:20:24 pm by Even Then »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9654 on: February 17, 2016, 11:38:24 pm »
It's idiot proof...as in, over-worked, stupid-tired, prof-proof. <(That was your English lesson for today in 'Murrcan over-hyphenation).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9655 on: February 19, 2016, 10:09:20 pm »
So who want's to hear the tale of how I lost my password and had to go through sixteen loops to recover it with the help of The_L, Sig and KZN02?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9656 on: February 19, 2016, 10:36:32 pm »
So who want's to hear the tale of how I lost my password and had to go through sixteen loops to recover it with the help of The_L, Sig and KZN02?

I wouldn't mind a good yarn.  And it might help you too.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9657 on: February 19, 2016, 10:59:26 pm »
Well, so a little back-story I have an EBay account that I never use cause I don't buy stuff and I only set it up to sell four NES games and one SNES game I owned, well Wednesday they sent me an email that someone used my account, now this website and my EBay account shared the same password so fearing the worst I changed them, problem was I changed it to something that I immediately forgot two seconds later.

Now I use Chrome for the most part which has an automatic password database, but this lovely day Chrome decided that it was not going to update the password for this site when I changed it, so when I tried to log in again, I used the wrong one, multiple times. So seeing as I couldn't get to my account I decided to go throgh the password reset feature, but much like anything in my life I ran into a problem with that too in the form of it not sending me an email. After about five or so tries (I didn't count and Sig probably knows so ask them.)

So by this point I just give up and wait until the next day to see if this fixes itself; it did not.  By this point I am thoroughly frustrated and a bit vexed.  So I go to the only two people from this forum who I talk to on the daily outside of here that being The_L and KZN02 and ask them to send a PM to Sig telling them that I'm having problems with my password and resetting it.
I get that message from them and use the temp password Sig provided and I have since changed it to something that I remember. Thus ends one of the most annoying things with passwords since I had to change some stuff when my Steam Account got hacked.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9658 on: February 20, 2016, 04:35:30 pm »
When the rental office says they're open until 5 pm, they should be open until 5 pm. Not 4 or 4:30. This allows us to know what times we can go there to collect our packages. You assholes.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9659 on: February 21, 2016, 05:11:17 pm »
When my battery backup starts beeping at me that it's dying. Fuck, now I have to get a replacement and wait a good sixteen hours for that to charge fully (hey, you never know when there's going to be an outage...). Thankfully I have a dinky laptop that will let me do the essentials, like vent here.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.