Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074653 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9705 on: February 24, 2016, 11:06:35 am »
If you listen to Lordkat, what TFS does isn't parody at all and isn't protected.  But then again he's still bitter over the fact Channel Awesome didn't want to support him live streaming 24/7 instead of actually producing videos and didn't fold the second he and his Mafia fucked off.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #9706 on: February 24, 2016, 12:13:14 pm »
Don't abridgers get their channels taken down, like, every other month?

It's bullshit, yeah, but it's not new bullshit. That's why they put their videos on their website.

Except TFS had no warning, and over 2 million subs.

Also, it was probably Toei. They're pretty copyright-claim-happy

Are warnings usual? My understanding was that it simply happened, you put the counter claim, YouTube drags their feet for weeks and then you get the channel back.
Σא

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9707 on: February 24, 2016, 02:13:08 pm »
1. It's pouring outside right now, and last night it snowed, so it's a big slushy mess right now
2. I'm still having problems with the insurance coverage due to me getting hit by that car a couple of months ago.
3. the medicine for my dog is still out of stock online, but it's not at the Vet's office, the problem is that it's much cheaper to get online as opposed from the Vet office.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9708 on: February 24, 2016, 10:19:14 pm »
Don't abridgers get their channels taken down, like, every other month?

It's bullshit, yeah, but it's not new bullshit. That's why they put their videos on their website.

Except TFS had no warning, and over 2 million subs.

Also, it was probably Toei. They're pretty copyright-claim-happy

Are warnings usual? My understanding was that it simply happened, you put the counter claim, YouTube drags their feet for weeks and then you get the channel back.

Usually, no. But for huge-ass channels like this, yeah, you typically get claims, or asked to remove rather than jumping straight to someone striking 3+ videos out of nowhere.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9709 on: February 24, 2016, 10:37:46 pm »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9710 on: February 24, 2016, 11:20:29 pm »
I had to clean my entire apartment today, because there's an inspection coming tomorrow and my roommate's freaking out about it.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9711 on: February 24, 2016, 11:23:05 pm »
Have you downed the stash
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:25:01 pm by davedan »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9712 on: February 28, 2016, 03:36:37 am »
Went through my old Facebook page and deleted everything from 2008 up until today. I tell you, reading some of the stupid shit I wrote back in the day made me cringe so hard that my butt cheeks have fused together.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9713 on: February 28, 2016, 01:17:26 pm »
Guess who only got 4 hours of sleep because her piece of shit body decided it wasn't tired enough to fall asleep while it was dark out (I fell asleep at 7 am and got up at 11), now making her feel fuzzy and lightheaded?  This asshole.

And no, I'm not going to go back to bed.  That would fuck up my sleep cycle more and probably cause a repeat of last night.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #9714 on: February 29, 2016, 07:33:13 pm »
Why is it possible for a book to be out of print in this day and age? I've been periodically searching for a particular book for like eight or nine years now (and I only just realized it's been that long!) and it's been consistently sold out or unavailable. No Kindle edition, either. I only just now found a (used) copy on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9715 on: February 29, 2016, 08:38:12 pm »
Why is it possible for a book to be out of print in this day and age? I've been periodically searching for a particular book for like eight or nine years now (and I only just realized it's been that long!) and it's been consistently sold out or unavailable. No Kindle edition, either. I only just now found a (used) copy on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Is the author dead?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9716 on: February 29, 2016, 08:40:22 pm »
Why is it possible for a book to be out of print in this day and age?

Copyright duration far in excess of what it should be.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #9717 on: February 29, 2016, 08:47:23 pm »
It's a pretty recent book, it was published in 200...4, I think. The author, as far as I know, is still alive and writing other stuff. There's really no reason it should be this unavailable.

Edit: Yep, 2004. It even has a tvtropes page

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9718 on: February 29, 2016, 09:43:22 pm »
I feel your pain. I've been trying to track down  copy of "The Difference Engine" for a decade, too. Very old steam punk alternate universe in which Charles Babbage' mechanical computer started the Information Age a century early.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9719 on: March 01, 2016, 12:16:37 am »
Can you rent it from a library? Or do you just want to own a physical copy?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!