Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068944 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9840 on: April 06, 2016, 09:21:31 pm »
What sort of subject? Can you basically do the project without their input with half the group? I would do that and then but an attendance record on the back of the project or advise the lecturer if it bothers you that they didn't do any of it.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9841 on: April 06, 2016, 11:26:01 pm »
Yeah, don't let 'em suck grade points out of other peoples' hard work.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9842 on: April 07, 2016, 01:17:45 pm »
I'm doing a group project and half the group hasn't shown up for any of the damn meetings.

A group project (combined with an awful professor who would not bend his rigid rules) forced me to retake a class (statistics) and delay my graduation by 5 months.  I was kept out of the loop and when I would try to point out problems (such as not being able to measure nominal variables), I was ignored.  Though a lot of the blame falls on the douchebag professor for making assignments unnecessarly complicated and being so unflexable.  As if statistics needed to be any more complicated.

And that's another annoyance, douchebag professors who can't teach.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9843 on: April 08, 2016, 10:11:10 am »
I have a hematoma on my right thigh.  Its not dangerous or anything, just a banged up blood vessel, but its angry, swollen, and bruised and it makes walking remarkably irritating.  Plus, it makes a small part of my leg turn funny colours for a week or so, which is great.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9844 on: April 08, 2016, 11:53:19 am »
All large hematomas pose some degree of danger. I'll share a tip I learned from an Indian national med student who helped me when I got hurt in crowded metro station. The fact he was Indian is meaningful - he said this was not taught to him in med school, but is a traditional first aid used in India for millenia. His formal medical knowledge helped to explain the reasonableness of it. I was running up a long set of granite stairs to catch a train. I slipped and fell face first against the hard edge of a granite step, right across my brow (supraorbital process). That should have made one fucked up ugly bruise. But it never bruised or swelled up at all, thanks to that guy. My brow was just sore for a couple days.

The med student was a few steps behind me, helped me up to the platform and immediately began massaging my brow slowly, from the impact area outward in a spreading motion, using medium high force with his thumbs, while he used his fingers to immobilize the sides of my skull, explaining calmly why and who he was. This method of massage presses the leaked blood cells out of the mass and spreads them out thinly, farther into the surrounding areas of undamaged endodermal tissue via the capillaries and through between the tissue layers. The leaked cells can then be more easily resorbed and carried away cell by cell, which is better than risking that a clot of them will break loose within a larger blood vessel that was temporarily squashed at the injury site.

Since then, I have massaged potential bruise injuries on my skin every time. No bruising. No swelling. Less pain for less time. I would not do this if you believe the bruise is very deep and may be involving a large vein or artery - that requires a doctor to rule out a deadly embolism (blood clot in large vessel - can cause stroke, sudden death by blocking pulmonary artery). So, if your neighborhood bully or a road raging fucktard tries to break your arm with a baseball bat, just elevate the arm and let the ER deal with it.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9845 on: April 09, 2016, 10:44:09 am »
I wouldn't classify it as large, its only about the size of an above-average pea.  That said, it was apparently...leaking last night.  I know this because, when I went to change underpants, I noticed an orange stain on my leg.  And on the inside of my pants.  And on my old underpants.  Also hurts more than it did last night, too.  I've been trying that technique, but its kinda hard when pressure on it makes me wanna bite thru a piece of rebar.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9846 on: April 09, 2016, 11:47:49 am »
Once the bruise has had time to set in, it gets risky - and yeah way freaking painful - to massage out. Does it feel "hot"? If so and you have a fever, you know what to do. Hope they have to keep your health insurance active while you are laid off. Sounds by the color you mentioned like the fluid leaking out may be lymph, and probably plasma with disintegrated blood cells in it, and the pin-point pain there may indicate blockage within an injured lymph node as well as a vein. Capillaries can carry lymph and blood toward the surface and out via the nearest pore or sweat gland from a bruise deeper within your skin. I've had deep "pinpoint" injuries like that before - they are no fun and can be amazingly painful if they are near nerve bundles.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9847 on: April 09, 2016, 12:35:22 pm »
Nah, its not hot, just hurts.  Also, no fever.  Believe me, if I thought it were infected, I'd go straight to the ER, insurance or not.  I'll take a medical bill over potentially losing a leg (either literally or effectively) any day.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9848 on: April 09, 2016, 01:37:24 pm »
"Stress" has become the new "hysteria", and every time someone concludes that everything I talk about regarding myself is just "stress induced, ignore it and it'll go away", I want to fucking scream.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9849 on: April 09, 2016, 02:38:16 pm »
"Stress" has become the new "hysteria", and every time someone concludes that everything I talk about regarding myself is just "stress induced, ignore it and it'll go away", I want to fucking scream.

That sounds like the stress talking. Ignore it and it'll go away.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9850 on: April 09, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »
Stress is like the brain's meta-sense, taking in all the infeed from the five (or more) physical senses and extrapolating that "something is fucking wrong, here". Maybe just ignore it. It ain't like you're on fire. Right.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9851 on: April 10, 2016, 10:02:04 am »
Well, that was fucking creepy.  I sprung a leak again, last night, and this time, it was...kinda big.  As in I could feel blood dripping down my ankles as I woke up.  And said blood was fucking cold because of how long it'd been there.  Thankfully, it only stained my clothes, but the stupid thing now needs a bandage to keep it from getting everywhere.  ...Well, if nothing else, this should help shrink the son of a bitch.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9852 on: April 10, 2016, 10:13:34 am »
Got any zinc oxide ointment or triple anti bio with zinc? Those are good for keeping a wide area of skin around the leak site germ free under the bandage.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9853 on: April 10, 2016, 10:51:16 am »
I might have some, I'll need to look around.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9854 on: April 13, 2016, 06:53:42 am »
What the hell happened to Youtube? There's no sound, and they changed the layout to the point where the volume icon is gone!