Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071483 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10020 on: June 02, 2016, 09:58:22 am »
If this is in your country my jaw opens of it's own violation.  If it's in mine it's just page 8 news at best in Metro.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #10021 on: June 02, 2016, 11:14:40 am »
Askold, where I am is overrun with northern snakeheads, not carp. The Asian carp is more a Pacific northwest thing and I'm in the midatlantic. Hmm, that's not a bad idea at all though. Snakeheads are an invasive species (here) and are tearing up local game fish populations and also happen to be very tasty. A combination that works to my advantage. I've never targeted them before. Thank you!
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10022 on: June 04, 2016, 06:24:27 am »
I came across yet another story where a rape victim got victim blamed and he wasn't even allowed to join a support group just because he's a guy and "guys don't get raped."

If I wasn't this tired I'd make a dedicated thread for the subject but it's not like that would make a difference. It would just be people agreeing that the current situation sucks but it's not like talking about it here helps. May have to look if there's any support group or petition or anything I could join that could actually make a difference.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10023 on: June 06, 2016, 07:23:12 am »
The W key on my laptop is sticking, which as you can imagine is the worst possible key to have this problem. Good news is that I'm almost certain it just needs a clean. Bad news is that my laptop isn't the kind where the keys can just be prised off, I apparently have to open the case and detach the entire keyboard just to get at one goddamn key, and I don't quite trust myself to not fuck it up. So now I have to choose between games being nigh-on unplayable without rebinding pretty much every key, or possibly destroying my computer through the power of incompetence.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10024 on: June 06, 2016, 10:07:44 am »
Let me tell you how I feel when someone comes to a "which of these rulesets do you think is better / like more" thread and starts talking about homebrew rules or ignoring the rules in favour of narrative gameplay:

"Which do you think is better fork for a kid who is getting their first fork: Iron or steel?"

"I think that this log is the best fork. You can carve it up and make any kind of fork you like out of it. And if you can't carve wood then it just means that you suck and shouldn't be using forks."

See? This is what it seems like. I mean, I don't deny that making your own game or modifying existing rules can be fun. It's simply off topic when we are specifically discussing and comparing the original rules of game systems/editions.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #10025 on: June 06, 2016, 06:07:07 pm »
Today in EvEv's bizarre adventure:

"huh, this one person on dA made some cute Care Bears art back in the day, I wonder if she's made any mo-"

"welp, she makes nazi-themed fanart now"

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #10026 on: June 07, 2016, 05:05:38 pm »
I am in such pain right now and I have no idea why.

Ironbite-feels like I just got out of the hospital again.

Even Then

« Reply #10027 on: June 07, 2016, 07:00:42 pm »
I hope your doctor will be able to help you relieve that pain.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #10028 on: June 10, 2016, 12:37:44 am »
I couldn't post here all week for some reason.  Very annoying.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:39:42 am by Skybison »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #10029 on: June 10, 2016, 11:07:43 am »
We were having session time out errors.

Ironbite-seems to have been fixed.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10030 on: June 11, 2016, 11:56:04 am »
You can't support mass violence and claim to be a pacifist.

Who specifically are you referring to?  They sound like a right knob.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10031 on: June 12, 2016, 05:50:43 pm »
You know what's fun? Wasting two hours out of your day rendering a video. You know what's not fun, finding out you wasted two hours of your day and you forgot to put audio in the video. Sometimes I think the universe hate's that I want to do Let's Plays.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10032 on: June 13, 2016, 03:42:32 am »
Comedians who are really smug are thoroughly unappealing to me. Even if we agree on some issues just acting obnoxious will generally turn me off, especially if it's on things we don't totally agree with.

What about ones where the obnoxious smugness is part of the joke?  I mean where you're also meant to laughing at them at the same time, at how much of an arse they are?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10033 on: June 13, 2016, 11:32:53 am »
One of my big criticisms of "new athiests" is how they appose the belief in God but all to often will fully accept other ridiculous beliefs like nationalism, right-libertarianism, or to a much less harmful extent humanism.

Or some kind of new-age pseudo science bollocks, or any kind of pseudo science for that matter.  Makes me want to slap them through the internet.

But I have to ask what's wrong with humanism??  Wikipedia (yeah I know I know) defines it as "a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence...over acceptance of dogma or superstition."  That sounds perfectly fine to me, wheres the ridiculousness?  To me that reads as "don't be an asshole to other people and don't believe in ridiculous shit that there's no evidence for".  I don't see a problem there.  In fact if more people thought like that the world might be a better place.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:34:33 am by Katsuro »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10034 on: June 13, 2016, 11:52:35 am »

Cough Bill Maurer cough

Why did you have to remind me that Bill Maurer is a thing?  I was perfectly happy pretending he doesn't exist until you did that.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:11:10 pm by Katsuro »