Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069772 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10245 on: December 02, 2016, 11:56:56 pm »
Today, I got called both an "SJW" and an "alt-rightist" in the same discussion.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Even Then

« Reply #10246 on: December 03, 2016, 05:57:21 am »
Wow, that's an achievement. By the same person? Does this person by any chance believe in "the regressive left"?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10247 on: December 03, 2016, 02:53:59 pm »
Wow, that's an achievement. By the same person? Does this person by any chance believe in "the regressive left"?

No, but that would've been hilarious. Kind of like those idiots who thought Obama was simultaneously a commie and a fascist.

By the way, do you know what "regressive left" actually means?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #10248 on: December 03, 2016, 04:27:44 pm »

No, but that would've been hilarious. Kind of like those idiots who thought Obama was simultaneously a commie and a fascist.

No.

Could you enlighten us?
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10249 on: December 03, 2016, 05:04:09 pm »

No.

Could you enlighten us?

It refers to left-wingers who fail to challenge backwards ideologies for the sake of political correctness and cultural relativism. Considering how much the term has been misused, I don't blame you for not knowing what it means.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #10250 on: December 03, 2016, 05:11:03 pm »

No.

Could you enlighten us?

It refers to left-wingers who fail to challenge backwards ideologies for the sake of political correctness and cultural relativism. Considering how much the term has been misused, I don't blame you for not knowing what it means.

That wasn't a specific answer.

Which backwards ideologies do you mean? How would abandoning political correctness and cultural relativism help in any way?
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10251 on: December 03, 2016, 05:28:14 pm »

No.

Could you enlighten us?

That wasn't a specific answer.

Which backwards ideologies do you mean? How would abandoning political correctness and cultural relativism help in any way?

Islamism, for example. And political correctness makes it difficult to criticize Islamism without it being considered bigotry against Muslims. Just ask Maajid Nawaz.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10252 on: December 03, 2016, 07:16:49 pm »
Or Islam in general, for that matter. It becomes even more hilarious when those same people are not only okay with, but actually encourage ripping Christianity to shreds.

Even Then

« Reply #10253 on: December 04, 2016, 08:47:11 am »

No.

Could you enlighten us?

Huh, apparently it does. Apologies, it's just that I've only ever seen it applied in reference to expressions like "institutionalized transphobia might be bad" or "safe spaces might be good".

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10254 on: December 04, 2016, 09:06:25 pm »

No.

Could you enlighten us?

Huh, apparently it does. Apologies, it's just that I've only ever seen it applied in reference to expressions like "institutionalized transphobia might be bad" or "safe spaces might be good".

Just goes to show how certain labels are overused.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10255 on: December 05, 2016, 08:06:41 pm »
FUCK.  UNIVERSITY.

This week, I have at least one large project due, two large assignments, a fucking writing assignment, and I need to study for my calculus final.  WHY THE GOD DAMNED FUCK IS ALL THIS SHIT CRAMMED INTO ONE WEEK?!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10256 on: December 05, 2016, 09:05:08 pm »
FUCK.  UNIVERSITY.

This week, I have at least one large project due, two large assignments, a fucking writing assignment, and I need to study for my calculus final.  WHY THE GOD DAMNED FUCK IS ALL THIS SHIT CRAMMED INTO ONE WEEK?!

Because it's near the end of term, and every professor is fully convinced that his or her course is the most important one you will ever take and that you are devoting every waking hour (which means every hour, because you're in university, you don't get to sleep) to it and nothing else.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10257 on: December 05, 2016, 09:41:53 pm »
It wouldn't be so bad if that big-ass project (for my OO-coding class) weren't a big fucking pile of half-baked bullshit largely due to the fact that our teacher, in her infinite fucking wisdom decided we should save all our little game's shit into some god forsaken plain-text format that is every bit as ass-backwards as it is completely useless and utterly unhelpful.  Can't use a real format, like XML.  NO.  That'd be too motherfucking easy and I could hash out the persistence layer in, like, three hours tops.  But, no.  I have to read everything in line-by-line like some kind of fucking savage.

Though, for some, it actually kinda is good prep for the real world, since you never know when you're going to be thrown some bullshit the idiot before you hacked together using bits of string and his own feces.

And, its due in two days.

And, I still have all that other shit to do on top of it.

THERE IS LITERALLY NOT ENOUGH ALCOHOL IN MY HOME.  SOMEONE, SEND ME SOME GOD DAMNED EVERCLEAR.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10258 on: December 05, 2016, 09:53:19 pm »
Reminds me of why I'm glad to be done with school.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #10259 on: December 05, 2016, 09:54:29 pm »
FUCK.  UNIVERSITY.

Eh, I've been through more school than you with more extreme time crunches; take solace in the fact that all the hard work will only make your next night of intoxication that much better.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?