Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074131 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #1965 on: August 20, 2012, 12:21:27 pm »
My sister's three-year-old started preschool today. I think it's too early for him, but he doesn't have a choice. It seems like a lot of kids are being pushed to do too much too soon and missing out on an important part of their childhood.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1966 on: August 20, 2012, 03:39:44 pm »
I'm currently living in a group home setting, and there's one guy here who gets on my nerves constantly. He can be intelligent and thoughtful when he wants to be, but most of the time all he does is either talk smack or make "public service announcements" about topics everyone else has long since lost interest in.

Edit: And yes, Buddhism does teach against pointing up others' flaws. I really have no excuse on that front.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1967 on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:56 pm »
I just got back from having blood drawn, and while the nurse was nice, she had trouble getting blood from my left arm. Now, I have giant manly veins that all nurses have praised, so I'm rather annoyed that she dug around in my arm for several minutes to no avail and was forced to switch to my right arm. I now have pain shooting from my left shoulder down my entire arm.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1968 on: August 20, 2012, 10:04:37 pm »
To quote nurses that have tried to take my blood:  "...The veins I can see, I can't feel; and the veins I can feel, I can't see".

So yeah... I'm a bit of a hard stick.  Always fun when I have to get blood taken.  I just have them take it from the back of my hand first off and not waste time with my upper arm because while it may hurt more, it's over a lot quicker and I'm not a huge fan of needles to begin with.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1969 on: August 21, 2012, 06:25:06 am »
I just got back from having blood drawn, and while the nurse was nice, she had trouble getting blood from my left arm. Now, I have giant manly veins that all nurses have praised, so I'm rather annoyed that she dug around in my arm for several minutes to no avail and was forced to switch to my right arm. I now have pain shooting from my left shoulder down my entire arm.

I remember when I was in air force ROTC, they basically motivated us to give blood, 'for our country.'  So about 3 or 4 of us marchecall gung ho into the trailer, where we watched some girl get poked about half a dozen times in the arm.  I don't know about the rest of my group, but I spun around, hopped out of the trailer, and hightailed it out of there.  When my commander caught up to me and mentioned that I was lettinf my country down, I said, "Court marshal me," and walked away.  I don't like needles when I have to get them, but I lost all patriotism at that point.

--------------------------

As for what annoys me, we have 2 nearby Walmarts, a larger one 15 minutes away and a smaller one 5 minutes down the road.  The larger one we like since it has everything we need and the workers are all helpful.  The smaller one on the other hand, is filled with people who don't give a ****, throwing items haphazardly on the shelves, one clerk trying to rip my wife off when she was putting money on her Moneycard (They found her $100 'accidently' placed under his register), and they just love to leave only 2 registers open when the place is packed.  Now for the latter one, I could understand if it they are short on workers, except we'll be waiting in line for 20 minutes while a dozen workers are either in the back or right up front doing some stupid cheer.  Really?  Doing a cheer about helping customers is more important than actually helping customers?

The only reason we go there is it's a short drive, but it's getting to be so much frustration for stupid reasons.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1970 on: August 21, 2012, 06:36:29 am »
I love screwing with people that are scares of needles. I'll pretend to be a derping retard before the insertion, then get all professional. Just to mess with their heads
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1971 on: August 21, 2012, 06:50:28 am »
You sir... are EEEEVIIIIIL! :p

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1972 on: August 21, 2012, 10:28:52 am »
I've had my blood drawn a million times, and I thankfully don't have a problem with needles. I was nervous about the nurse doing it yesterday because she looked high school-age and seemed to lack experience.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1973 on: August 22, 2012, 02:19:50 am »
People who have high end sports cars or tricked out muscle cars that go 10 miles under the speed limit when I'm late for work... >:(

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1974 on: August 23, 2012, 05:13:01 pm »
I'm not sure if I mentioned the chicken nuggets I made a few days ago that made me feel slightly ill, but in any case, my infinite wisdom I decided to make another batch for breakfast, only this time I ate them with ranch dressing. Needless to say, I kind of wish I hadn't done that.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1975 on: August 24, 2012, 12:41:25 am »
That tonight, in the middle of a transaction, my register decided to crash. It took about 45 minutes to an hour to get it back up and running. Also that I've noticed that when we don't have recovery help, the store always seem to end up trashed.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1976 on: August 24, 2012, 12:45:01 am »
I'm not sure if I mentioned the chicken nuggets I made a few days ago that made me feel slightly ill, but in any case, my infinite wisdom I decided to make another batch for breakfast, only this time I ate them with ranch dressing. Needless to say, I kind of wish I hadn't done that.
Could they have possibly been a little... 'off'?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1977 on: August 24, 2012, 01:48:53 am »

How'd you make em?  If you fried em, I've had experiences where frying nuggets have made me rather ill, as well.  Baking them, however, is usually perfectly fine.

I now want those spicy chicken nuggets ma used to get...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1978 on: August 24, 2012, 06:39:10 am »

How'd you make em?  If you fried em, I've had experiences where frying nuggets have made me rather ill, as well.  Baking them, however, is usually perfectly fine.

That's a possibility too, if you don't eat much oily/greasy foods.  Since I decided to eat leaner, and have done so for a while,  I found that deep fried/bathed in oil type foods make my stomach queasy for a little while after eating them.  I don't puke or anything, it's just a heavy blargh feeling.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #1979 on: August 24, 2012, 06:55:06 am »

That's a possibility too, if you don't eat much oily/greasy foods.  Since I decided to eat leaner, and have done so for a while,  I found that deep fried/bathed in oil type foods make my stomach queasy for a little while after eating them.  I don't puke or anything, it's just a heavy blargh feeling.

I never fry anything that's pre-made or frozen. Always bake. The only time I ever fry things is when I make them from scratch.

In regard to Art feeling ill, it could be that you didn't have the oil at a high enough temperature, which would have allowed more oil to seep into the nuggets. More oil make you feel like crap. Try a higher temperature next time.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy