Author Topic: Rand Paul: "Misinformation works."  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Rand Paul: "Misinformation works."
« on: October 19, 2013, 05:16:09 am »
http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/the-truthiness-of-rand-paul-20131017

LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Rand Paul was talking with University of Louisville medical students when one of them tossed him a softball. "The majority of med students here today have a comprehensive exam tomorrow. I'm just wondering if you have any last-minute advice."

"Actually, I do," said the ophthalmologist-turned-senator, who stays sharp (and keeps his license) by doing pro bono eye surgeries during congressional breaks. "I never, ever cheated. I don't condone cheating. But I would sometimes spread misinformation. This is a great tactic. Misinformation can be very important."

He went on to describe studying for a pathology test with friends in the library. "We spread the rumor that we knew what was on the test and it was definitely going to be all about the liver," he said. "We tried to trick all of our competing students into over-studying for the liver" and not studying much else.

"So, that's my advice," he concluded. "Misinformation works."

In other words, rather than improving yourself you should harm others. And lying is ok.

And why the hell does he admit something like this? Does he really believe that this kind of behaviour is not only succesful but also acceptable?

EDIT: How the hell did I read Rand Paul as Ted Cruz? Sorry, my brain must have been off.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:18:19 am by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

Re: Rand Paul: "Misinformation works."
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 05:21:25 am »
And why the hell does he admit something like this? Does he really believe that this kind of behaviour is not only succesful but also acceptable?
He's a politician. Of course he thinks its acceptable. Probably even commendable.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 10:50:29 am »
You should see his certification

QueenofHearts

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 12:00:50 pm »
Damn gunners

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 12:38:26 pm »
Spreading misinformation is a major tactic of neo conservatism. The person people claim is the father of neo conservatism Leo Strauss talked about the noble lie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_lie.
Which is a myth or untruth told by an elite to the masses to maintain harmony or to advance an agenda.

Now I'm not sure if Rand Paul is a full on neo conservative. But it seems that neo conservatives have sort of poisoned the republican well at this point.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 03:00:56 pm »
I kept thinking that everyone was just misspelling "Ron Paul" there. The medical connection didn't help.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 06:56:12 pm »
It bothers me that this article references several others, but neglects to link to them at any given point.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 07:03:44 pm »
Then misinformation works.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 07:11:19 pm »
Hopefully if any college people read that, they would know that people WILL screw them over, and not trust others in studying
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 04:48:47 am »
Imagine if Obama had said this. That is why the US system does not work.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

QueenofHearts

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 01:00:49 pm »
Hopefully if any college people read that, they would know that people WILL screw them over, and not trust others in studying

Or not, I'm in that situation now and a lot of people study together. Not everyone's going to be the gunner type like Paul. A lot of people take the view that "I'll do the best I can, help out others, but only compete with myself." There are maybe like 2 or 3 gunners in my class of about 100. They are not the norm, far from it in fact, and come exam time, if they tried something like that, nobody would fall for it.

And if a non-gunner tried something like that, yeah, you know who will be shunned socially as well as once we enter the business world.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 06:07:28 pm »
Just speaking from experience.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.