Author Topic: Crossovers you would want to see  (Read 7534 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Crossovers you would want to see
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 09:59:48 am »
A crossover between The Darkness and the original Prototype, perhaps?  Maybe throw in the Angelus and have a 3 way battle between god-like beings.  Mostly, I just want to see who'd win in a fight between Jackie Estacado and Alex Mercer, considering they're both effectively immortal.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »
Star Fox / Metroid

Star Fox / Mass Effect

Star Fox / <insert space related franchise that I love>

Why yes, I am a Star Fox fanboy, how did you know?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 09:42:15 pm »
Donald Duck/Dolan Duk
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 12:42:03 am »
Star Fox / Mass Effect
Is it bad that my brain immediately thought of Mordin/Slippy?
Considering how dirty typing that makes me feel, I'm going to go ahead and say yeah.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 12:43:58 am »
Star Wars and Star Trek.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 01:14:13 am »
Star Wars and Star Trek.

Why not put Babylon 5 into that mix?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 01:24:20 am »
Star Wars and Star Trek.

Because realistically, Star Wars is so overpowered that it would wipe the floor with both universes.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 01:31:36 am »
Star Wars and Star Trek.

Because realistically, Star Wars is so overpowered that it would wipe the floor with both universes.

Then we add Warhammer 40'000 to counterbalance those.

EDIT: Because, this is relevant.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 01:49:19 am »
Dude, Star Wars is obscenely powerful. Never mind that the Empire built giant energy cannons powerful enough to detonate a planet like a hand grenade multiple times, Star Destroyers canonically have main guns in the gigaton range. One Star Destroyer is enough to completely depopulate a planet.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 01:52:56 am »
Dude, Star Wars is obscenely powerful. Never mind that the Empire built giant energy cannons powerful enough to detonate a planet like a hand grenade multiple times, Star Destroyers canonically have main guns in the gigaton range. One Star Destroyer is enough to completely depopulate a planet.

I know. There is a forum (at least one) which was originally created for the whole "Star wars vs Star trek" debates and they did some math, at least as far as they could. Star wars also has much faster FTL engines.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 10:28:27 am »

I know. There is a forum (at least one) which was originally created for the whole "Star wars vs Star trek" debates and they did some math, at least as far as they could. Star wars also has much faster FTL engines.

bbs.stardestroyer.net. I was a part of it since 2004 or 2005, but I rarely go on it now; a lot of the longtime members are complete assholes. The site freely allows you to mock people during debates as long as you have a point behind your post (so no ad hominems where you do nothing but insult the other guy without simultaneously pointing out how he's wrong; they really hate logical fallacies), but it's influenced the veterans enough that they can barely even communicate at this point without swearing and insulting whoever they're disagreeing with, no matter how mild the error.

Offline JackBauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Neonate
  • Jack's back!
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 07:18:16 pm »
So tempting....

24/My Little Pony

Banshee/Family Ties

The Following/Saved By The Bell

Game of Thrones/West Wing

Californication/The Simpsons

Family Guy/Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Part pirate, part wolf.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 01:02:51 am »

bbs.stardestroyer.net. I was a part of it since 2004 or 2005, but I rarely go on it now; a lot of the longtime members are complete assholes. The site freely allows you to mock people during debates as long as you have a point behind your post (so no ad hominems where you do nothing but insult the other guy without simultaneously pointing out how he's wrong; they really hate logical fallacies), but it's influenced the veterans enough that they can barely even communicate at this point without swearing and insulting whoever they're disagreeing with, no matter how mild the error.
Ok. I've only occasionally skimmed the site so I hadn't noticed that (or had forgotten.)

I kinda approve that kind of rules since I don't mind arguments as long as people don't go completely overboard and with the no-adhominems rules it might have been hoped that those rules keep it to being different ideas arguing rather than just people arguing.

Though apparently it didn't work.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 02:38:39 am »
Final Fantasy VIII/Wild ARMS 3. Similar mechanics coupled with the craziness that can unfold (and maybe, just maybe, a crack pairing or two).

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 09:52:20 am »
How about Band of Brothers meets the Marvel franchise?

...or the Clone Wars?

Can you just imagine the shitstorm when clueless moms take their 8 y.o's to see the new superhero movie? ;D