Author Topic: Kanye West makes an ass of himself at another award show  (Read 5204 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Kanye West makes an ass of himself at the Grammys again
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 11:37:36 pm »
I've actually seen people try to defend Kanye on this. He apparently was actually saying that the white dominated music industry needs to acknowledge black artistry and should have given Beyonce the award for that reason.

Ignoring the fact that he's saying that the woman who needs 4 people to write a song (and won three of her SIX nominations anyway) deserves the award that the guy who plays 14 instruments won and the fact that the Grammys are bullshit anyway, Beyonce is one of the biggest pop acts in the fucking world. I'm fairly certain that means that her artistry is pretty damn respected.

However, Kanye does have a point.

The music industry does have a horrible history of selling black culture to white audiences and whitewashing the achievements of black musicians (where was that one thing that happened where someone gave fucking Elvis credit for creating rock and roll?), as well as focusing on terrible white artists because they're more "marketable" than black artists (Vanilla Ice, anyone?). So in this case, Kanye does have a point.

However, since this is the guy that rushed the stage when Taylor Swift won a Grammy for best video and insisted that Beyonce had one of the "best videos of all time! OF ALL TIME!!!" and the guy that got pissed because he was "snubbed" for an award because his video cost a million dollars and had Pamela Anderson (no seriously, that was his reasoning for why he got snubbed), I highly doubt that he meant to make that point. Kanye is a loudmouth with a giant ego.

He didn't make these statements out of some righteous crusade to change the music industry, he did it because he fanboys for Beyonce (in a rather creepy way, I might add) and thinks he knows better than anyone else who deserves awards.

Here's my question: Why didn't Kanye get upset that Sam Smith, who is white and a proven plagiarist, walked away with Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album? I'm sure the fact that Beyonce wasn't nominated for those awards is totally unrelated.

That said, fuck the Grammys. There is so much music that they flat out ignore.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:11:19 am by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 02:25:28 am »
Tenacious D sucks ass. Give it to Slipknot.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 03:10:02 am »

As RayvenousHunter put it, Slipknot is the Dane Cook of metal.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 03:14:41 am »

I have no idea who that is
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 04:56:36 am »

I have no idea who that is

Dane Cook is an incredibly obnoxious, unfunny comedian who was briefly a superstar for some reason, despite even the people who like him not actually finding him funny. His general "joke" is to rapid fire out random things.

Slipknot is the Dane Cook of metal because they're an obnoxious, boring band that is extremely popular despite doing nothing interesting and being completely derivative of other bands.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 08:43:17 am »
@Ironbite:  Slipknot?  The Dane Cook of Metal?  Surely you jest.

Better then a comedy duo team of Jack Black and fat white dude.

I agree with ya there.  I find Jack Black to be utterly intolerable.

Also, if Kanye wants to fuck Beyonce, he should do like every other "gangsta" rapper, and just outright say it.  Don't be a frontin little pussy-ass mark, Kanye.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 08:31:20 pm »
I actually love slipknot. The only thing i dont like about them is their live shows. coreys vocals went terrible and he swears every second sentence. I get it, think saying fuck is edgy you can stop it now

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 10:16:34 pm »
I think it's adorable.  It's like he just learned the word and is showing if off.

Ironbite-endearing in  a way.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 04:28:17 pm »
...Also, if Kanye wants to fuck Beyonce, he should do like every other "gangsta" rapper, and just outright say it.  Don't be a frontin little pussy-ass mark, Kanye.

Kanye isn't a "gangsta" style rapper.  At the beginning of his rapping career, when the world didn't know how much of an egomaniac he really is, he was considered to be a rather clean-cut hip-hop artist.  Kanye was featured on the Chappelle Show musical segments, which featured Neo-Soul and Indie artists in the Hip-Hop and R&B genres.  He even got to be interviewed by Oprah in 2005, and Oprah usually doesn't interview rappers and has criticized the misogynistic elements of gangsta rap.  Furthermore, if you didn't grow up "in the 'hood" or "the streets", and you start doing Gangsta rap, you'll get called out for it. 

Anyway,  I think Kanye is going to learn eventually that the music industry is its own entity, and he can't singlehandedly change it to what he feels is proper, no matter what he does.  Even if he insists on learning the hard way, he's going to learn.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 10:07:15 pm »
I'm just waiting for West to come up to interrupt someone else, they yank the mic back and just tear him a new asshole live on stage.

If we're lucky, they'll also punch him so hard they break his jaw and he won't be able to talk for a year or three.

That would be golden.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 01:56:40 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/kanye-west-apologizes-to-beck-bruno-mars-1.2974763

Oh look Kanye's apologizing.

I would like to publicly apologize to Beck, I’m sorry Beck.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.