Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 632684 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #2325 on: November 25, 2013, 11:51:19 am »
Say, is anyone here at all concerned over the amount of (In-universe) attention twilight is getting with her wings?

I mean, she wasn't exactly mentally stable to begin with and the stress of limb implantation combined with the stress of all the attention she's getting might be just the trigger she needs to drive herself on a murderous rampage of death!

(Yes, they would totally include something like that in a show made for little girls.)

In Episode 6, Princess Twilight burns Ponyville to the ground and forces inferior Earth Ponies into slave labor camps.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2326 on: November 25, 2013, 07:52:53 pm »
You know, I'm surprised that (as far as I know) nobody's made a connection between the visual similarities of the Twilicane and Mr. Sparkle.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Sparkle
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2327 on: November 26, 2013, 10:06:05 pm »
Say, is anyone here at all concerned over the amount of (In-universe) attention twilight is getting with her wings?

I mean, she wasn't exactly mentally stable to begin with and the stress of limb implantation combined with the stress of all the attention she's getting might be just the trigger she needs to drive herself on a murderous rampage of death!

(Yes, they would totally include something like that in a show made for little girls.)

In Episode 6, Princess Twilight burns Ponyville to the ground and forces inferior Earth Ponies into slave labor camps.

Funny, we've seen the reverse as a fanfic.  It's what we refer to as 'Hitlerjack'... because AJ fully implies in THAT trainwreck of a story that Rarity's going to be raped to death, Twilight will suffer the same fate, and odds are good, so would Sweetie Belle.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2328 on: November 26, 2013, 11:57:51 pm »

Funny, we've seen the reverse as a fanfic.  It's what we refer to as 'Hitlerjack'... because AJ fully implies in THAT trainwreck of a story that Rarity's going to be raped to death, Twilight will suffer the same fate, and odds are good, so would Sweetie Belle.
'Cause something called "Hitlerjack" isn't over the top enough, it needed to have rape in it!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #2329 on: November 27, 2013, 05:04:38 pm »
So the next episode, "Castle-Mania" just leaked
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2330 on: November 27, 2013, 07:14:39 pm »

'Cause something called "Hitlerjack" isn't over the top enough, it needed to have rape in it!

Well, 'Hitlerjack' is the nickname we gave to it.  The fic title itself is 'Terra'.  The REALLY unfortunate thing? It was FINE for the first three chapters, which is when we posted it.  Chapter four suddenly turns it into My Little Auschwitz.  We pulled that fucker DAMN fast, apologized to the user base of EqD, and blacklisted the author.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2331 on: November 28, 2013, 05:27:10 pm »
You know, I haven't watched the latest leaked 'sode yet, nor have I read any synopsis of it.  The only thing I'm aware of is the episode's title.

Having said that, I just realized that "Castle Mania" is totally a play on "Castlevania."
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2333 on: November 29, 2013, 01:37:39 am »
Funny, although I bet that that won't be able to open the box. Because magic.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2334 on: November 30, 2013, 01:20:48 am »
Funny, although I bet that that won't be able to open the box. Because magic.
Perhaps they could use a diamond pickaxe?

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2335 on: December 01, 2013, 12:43:19 am »
Waited til today to watch the new episode. The ending was predictable and contrived, but all in all, I liked it a lot. Rarity had the best part, IMO. Still getting used to Twilight flying. Loved the tidbit about Luna liking slides.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2336 on: December 01, 2013, 12:59:08 am »
Waited til today to watch the new episode. The ending was predictable and contrived, but all in all, I liked it a lot. Rarity had the best part, IMO. Still getting used to Twilight flying. Loved the tidbit about Luna liking slides.

I'm sure that Tidbit will in no way inspire lager numbers of fan comics.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2337 on: December 01, 2013, 01:09:38 am »

I actually kinda liked the predictable and contrived ending, it made me feel nostalgic.

Also kinda nice to see a few glimpses into the past of the two sisters.  And I'm glad we have another episodic mainstay with the diary.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #2338 on: December 01, 2013, 07:06:56 am »
Re-watching the episode, Spike just can't catch a break, can he? :P

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2339 on: December 01, 2013, 12:24:00 pm »
Re-watching the episode, Spike just can't catch a break, can he? :P
I'd be okay with the cruelty-as-humor if MLP was more set up to be more of an Edd, Ed, N Eddy type dark comedy but in the MLP sugar bowl it just comes off as mean.