Author Topic: The alt-right is shitting up the Hugo slates again  (Read 24824 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: The alt-right is shitting up the Hugo slates again
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2016, 12:07:40 am »
Read who's work?

The people you're talking about.

I like reading. Reading is fun. But there is currently more published books in English than can possibly be read in one lifetime. So quite literally, life is too short.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:09:58 am by davedan »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2016, 12:09:53 am »
Read who's work?

How does reading their work relate to the current topic?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2016, 12:11:12 am »
Read who's work?

How does reading their work relate to the current topic?

Well, Correia claimed that some of the people against him admitted to having never read his work.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2016, 12:26:37 am »
Well, I'm getting bored of this Socratic method and it doesn't seem to help at all, it just frustrates people and makes debating harder, so I am going to give you an actual answer (hint: YOU COULD TRY THIS TOO SOMETIME.)

I have not read Correia's books but I find that this does not in any way detract from my arguments. You see, I have never voted in the Hugo awards and therefore I don't think that I actually need to read all the nomimees. If I was planning to go to the Hugos and vote I might as well read up on recent books so that I could actually say which of them I like the most (Which is not the same as which is the best one. Seeing as this would merely be fan favourites vote rather than an actual competetion with judges who look at things from a neutral point of view.) but as I'm not going in the foreseeable future I don't have to read every damn scifi-book that comes out this year.

Meanwhile, my beef with the Puppies is their politization of the awards and even if I had read all their books and loved them I would still hate this foul play.

See? Actual answer that does not pretend that I have no memory beyond the last 5 seconds.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2016, 12:32:09 am »
Hey, look. At the same time that Paragon is online, we have 5 guests viewing this thread. What are the odds?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2016, 12:42:46 am »
Hey, look. At the same time that Paragon is online, we have 5 guests viewing this thread. What are the odds?

Five guests whose sessions all started within seconds of each other. It's a remarkable level of coordination for mere humans.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2016, 12:44:02 am »
I think they're giving him his posts.

Likewise, I think they're similarly supplying him his links. Hence why he is always so clueless about them.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2016, 12:49:35 am »
Far be it from me to downplay a conspiracy but do you think it might be related to this being the most active recent topic?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2016, 12:52:17 am »
Far be it from me to downplay a conspiracy but do you think it might be related to this being the most active recent topic?

It could be innocuous, you never know with the internet. But this is like the fifth thread that people have noticed the phenomenon, and it gives credence to the legion theory (which would also explain why he can never seem to read his links).
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2016, 01:03:17 am »
Well he's never going to address the point and I can't see how it can be checked

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2016, 02:00:45 am »

It could be innocuous, you never know with the internet. But this is like the fifth thread that people have noticed the phenomenon, and it gives credence to the legion theory (which would also explain why he can never seem to read his links).
I only hope it's not true because it would be so tragic.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2016, 04:33:18 am »
I don't think he is "legion" per say, especially since he's been an active poster long before that thing happened, but I do think it is possible that he has advisors. Really, really shitty advisors.

And if he does have advisors, I'm going to say this:

I'm calling you out. If you're so sure of yourselves here, why do you feel the need to make someone sockpuppet your horseshit? Can you not argue for yourselves?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:38:28 am by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2016, 05:06:07 am »
As I said tragic, because if this is a group effort then that's beyond god awful.

Really, five of you banged your heads together and you came up with math proves strawman + Arthur Chu shitposts? FFS!

Really I'm hoping UP is acting alone because one human being botching an argument that badly is just slightly more forgivable than a committee doing so.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:09:16 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2016, 06:15:21 am »
As I said tragic, because if this is a group effort then that's beyond god awful.

Really, five of you banged your heads together and you came up with math proves strawman + Arthur Chu shitposts? FFS!

Really I'm hoping UP is acting alone because one human being botching an argument that badly is just slightly more forgivable than a committee doing so.

Nah. I've long since thought that the total intelligence of a committee is like the total resistance of resistors in parallel.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2016, 10:31:40 am »
Only probably with your theory.  Flame and Burn is a locked forum.  You have to be registered to see the forum.

Ironbite-pretty hard to be legion if most of you can't see the forum.