Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629222 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #1035 on: May 03, 2012, 08:36:44 am »

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #1036 on: May 03, 2012, 09:54:40 am »
The "niggers" versus "black people" thing might be attributed to Boondocks and its approach to the usage of the word.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA</a>

Not sure how I feel about it, but I grew up in a relatively safe white neighborhood and don't have to regularly deal with racist bullshit.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1037 on: May 03, 2012, 10:19:09 am »
The "niggers" versus "black people" thing might be attributed to Boondocks and its approach to the usage of the word.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA</a>

Not sure how I feel about it, but I grew up in a relatively safe white neighborhood and don't have to regularly deal with racist bullshit.
Maybe not that specifically but the idea of "good" black people has been around forever.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1038 on: May 03, 2012, 10:29:33 am »

Try even earlier than that:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4</a>

However, as has been said previously, the idea of "good" black folks has been around for a long time. "Credits to their race" I believe they were called. Notably, Chris Rock cut this material from his act in part because he felt it was giving racists justification for using the n-word. I agree with people like Chris Rock, Aaron McGruder, the late Dwayne McDuffie, and Bill Cosby when they say that  that the all too vocal segments of the black community holding up ignorance and criminal behavior as being "real" or "sticking it to the man" need to shut the fuck up because all they're doing is holding back the black community and American society as a whole. Appropriating racist terminology to draw the distinction is, while possibly an effective shaming tool and somewhat effective, ain't the way to draw that distinction. Especially if you're white.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #1039 on: May 03, 2012, 11:22:52 am »
From Facebook where idiot ideas go to breed...

Got this from a friend (who is not my friend because of politics.  Soon it may be he's my friend in spite of his politics). 
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1040 on: May 03, 2012, 11:48:00 am »
From Facebook where idiot ideas go to breed...

Got this from a friend (who is not my friend because of politics.  Soon it may be he's my friend in spite of his politics).
The abortion rate is I think lower then that but I cant get a statistic

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1041 on: May 03, 2012, 05:06:32 pm »
http://imgur.com/gallery/EPlPW
Lupe Fiasco would like to have a word

There are lots of good rappers - Lil-Wayne just isn't one of them

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1042 on: May 03, 2012, 06:17:27 pm »

The only good thing about that image at all is that Lando is being compared favorably to Lil' Wayne.

The idea that a certain lifestyle or style of dress makes you a bad person....NO.  Just no.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1043 on: May 03, 2012, 06:49:23 pm »
The only good thing about that image at all is that Lando is being compared favorably to Lil' Wayne.

The idea that a certain lifestyle or style of dress makes you a bad person....NO.  Just no.

Is...is Lando a nickname I don't know about for Neil DeGrasse-Tyson? Or did you just mistake the modern Carl Sagan for Billy Dee Williams?
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1044 on: May 03, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »

Is...is Lando a nickname I don't know about for Neil DeGrasse-Tyson? Or did you just mistake the modern Carl Sagan for Billy Dee Williams?

To be fair, that picture doe make him look a bit like Lando.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1045 on: May 03, 2012, 07:13:14 pm »
Also:

G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1046 on: May 03, 2012, 10:06:38 pm »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1047 on: May 03, 2012, 10:37:21 pm »
Also:

I just died and went to nerd heaven...

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1048 on: May 03, 2012, 11:18:19 pm »

Grow up and pay your taxes, you whiny fucking babies.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1049 on: May 03, 2012, 11:23:35 pm »

Grow up and pay your taxes, you whiny fucking babies.

+1 (or -1 which ever you prefer).
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)