Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1599549 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #6060 on: July 10, 2019, 03:47:33 am »
In fairness, what happened with Jeffrey Epstein was a disgusting example of how rich white people can get away with heinous crimes.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6061 on: July 12, 2019, 07:20:57 pm »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6062 on: July 12, 2019, 07:30:05 pm »
Did he actually say the militia defeated the British by cutting off the airports? Like was that really written into his speech? Or was that something he winged out of his orange ass like he usually does?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6063 on: July 12, 2019, 08:42:26 pm »
He's claiming something fucked up on the teleprompter but I'm pretty sure his dementia riddled mind pulled it out of his ass.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6064 on: July 13, 2019, 03:52:19 am »
On Reddit some teacher had a good explanation for why Trump's speech is the way it is and how this particular mistake came to happen.

Trump hates reading. He is not very good at reading and because of that it is a task that takes a lot more energy out of him than it does for the average person. So he avoids reading as much as possible, we know this even causes White house briefings to have been redone in as little text as possible. He also has a much smaller vocabulary than the average person and when he comes across new words he has no idea how to pronounce them. At one point he had been talking about the "oranges" of the Mueller investigation because he did not recognize the word "origins" and therefore while repeating a comment someone else had said about the report his mind replaced the difficult word "origins" with a more familiar one. Similarly, when reading the teleprompter, Trump did not recognize the word "ramparts" and therefore he replaced with "airports" as it was a word he knew and which is a bit similar.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6065 on: July 13, 2019, 01:38:47 pm »
So, he's almost illiterate and has the vocabulary of a preschooler.  How the god damned shit does he function?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6066 on: July 13, 2019, 01:56:53 pm »
But he has the best words.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6067 on: July 13, 2019, 04:14:54 pm »
So, he's almost illiterate and has the vocabulary of a preschooler.  How the god damned shit does he function?

He barely does.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6068 on: July 13, 2019, 10:25:40 pm »

He barely does.
I'd say with his hostile takeover of the US court system, transfer of wealth upwards and undermining of the electoral system, academia and the third estate he's functioning exactly as the GOP wants.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6069 on: July 13, 2019, 10:45:30 pm »

Crushed up adderal, snorted off Kelly-Anne Conway's chin

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6070 on: July 13, 2019, 11:17:12 pm »
Garrison (unfortunately even with the labels I don't really understand who everyone is meant to be in this): - Edit: Spoilered because huge

(click to show/hide)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6071 on: July 14, 2019, 12:59:15 am »
"The Three Amigos" is a term often used to refer to the Presidents of the United States and Mexico and the Prime Minister of Canada, especially post-NAFTA.

In this case, it's referring to the three most recent Democratic Governors of California (Gray Davis, Jerry Brown, and Gavin Newsom, with 2003-2011 having seen a Republican, Arnold Schwarzenegger, in office).

Garrison is claiming that their policies, moving farther and farther left with higher taxes and even higher spending, are driving the state toward economic ruin, and that the Amigos are ignoring the warnings of the MAGA crowd.

Further, he claims that California is offering Central American immigrants "free stuff" with an open door in The Wall, and that they're harming the bear (on the state flag) with mandatory vaccinations, and that their strict gun control has effectively voided the Second Amendment within the state.

There's a sanctuary city in the distance, and the MAGA people are trying to escape the devastating tide by hiding behind rocks.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6072 on: July 14, 2019, 01:37:15 am »
Whose the blonde lady though?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6073 on: July 14, 2019, 02:19:01 am »
As a Californian myself, that cartoon can go fuck itself. We're doing fine. We're certainly doing a hell of a lot better than fucking Idaho, my last residence before I moved down here.

Also, remind me which set of policies led to economic ruin - the Democratic policies of California, or the Republican policies of Oklahoma? I seem to remember Oklahoma all but collapsing under right-wing rule.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #6074 on: July 14, 2019, 02:37:40 am »
As a Californian myself, that cartoon can go fuck itself. We're doing fine. We're certainly doing a hell of a lot better than fucking Idaho, my last residence before I moved down here.

Also, remind me which set of policies led to economic ruin - the Democratic policies of California, or the Republican policies of Oklahoma? I seem to remember Oklahoma all but collapsing under right-wing rule.

Oklahoma is collapsing, not only from stupid right-wing rule, but from the massive number of earthquakes now occurring there thanks to the right-wing government allowing the Koch brothers to go nuts with fracking.  Kansas is bankrupt, and the new Democratic governor has her hands full trying to reverse the previous Republican regime's insane policies so that the state can get back to not being broke.  Alabama almost voted a pedophile in to represent them in the Senate, and there's a good chance they vote him in this time, because he's "biblical".  The new Republican governor in Georgia was the attorney general of the state during the election, and threw 30,000 voters off the voting rolls for reasons he invented out of thin air, which is likely how he managed to win (the difference was way less than that).  Missouri and Mississippi are in a game of "which state can show how much they hate women more via law?".  And it goes on and on...

But they always insist California is failing.  They can't point at anything in particular that proves California is failing, they just insist that it is...