Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159491 times)

Even Then

Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2015, 09:23:31 pm »
Yeah, no, psychotic doesn't mean "evil and scary and monstrous id". It refers to a disassociation with reality in general. It peeves me when people misuse psychological terms. (and while I'm at it, no, schizophrenia is not the same as split personalities or being bipolar,  it's auditory and visual hallucinations, fuck you very much asinine RPers online who want your character to have split personalities because it's KEWL)

Anyway, I haven't really figured out a strict code or a methodology.And I honestly don't think I need one  Shouldn't overthink things. I'll just keep rolling along.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2015, 09:41:48 pm »
Yeah, no, psychotic doesn't mean "evil and scary and monstrous id". It refers to a disassociation with reality in general. It peeves me when people misuse psychological terms. (and while I'm at it, no, schizophrenia is not the same as split personalities or being bipolar,  it's auditory and visual hallucinations, fuck you very much asinine RPers online who want your character to have split personalities because it's KEWL)

Anyway, I haven't really figured out a strict code or a methodology.And I honestly don't think I need one  Shouldn't overthink things. I'll just keep rolling along.

even, i'm clinically paranoid psychotic, so whenever i say things regarding my "curse", i mean it. it's not tumblr speak (as you've seen i don't care for it), it's the blunt truth. thanks to my meds, i can dissociate between both states, but i'm still very much the most dangerous human being (i hope) you will ever come into contact with. just like niam is a psychopath, i'm a psychotic. it's just what you get frequenting a forum where oddballs converge to rail against each other over trivial things.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2015, 10:10:58 pm »
Either I didn't know you have actual psychosis or I forgot. Either way, my bad.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2015, 10:18:51 pm »
Either I didn't know you have actual psychosis or I forgot. Either way, my bad.

no worries, really. feels good to be treated as nothing special, especially as mentally ill, or worse "dangerous". anyway, it's not your bad. you couldn't know. but thank you for your (unwarranted) respect.  :)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »
Well, there's no reason not to try to respect people.
Just because I've sunken into nihilism, it doesn't mean I can't try to be nice XD

Are there any Russians in the forum, btw? Or people who can read Russian really well? I found this image while browsing around and I can't read the text,  that's so annoying :|
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:26:44 pm by Even Then »

Online RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #245 on: October 23, 2015, 07:40:14 am »
Why is Boba Fett so popular?  From what I recall of Star Wars (which, admittedly, might be a bit dodgy) he was pretty much a blank slate character with just a few drops of personality so he had to be played by an actor and not just a cardboard cut-out.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #246 on: October 23, 2015, 10:37:24 am »
Why is Boba Fett so popular?  From what I recall of Star Wars (which, admittedly, might be a bit dodgy) he was pretty much a blank slate character with just a few drops of personality so he had to be played by an actor and not just a cardboard cut-out.
You answered your own question.

Also his armour looked badass.

Online RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2015, 11:14:00 am »
Good point.  Forgot that people find Bella Swan to be a compelling, enjoyable character, too.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #248 on: October 23, 2015, 11:32:20 am »
I dunno if I've ever heard someone compliment her as a character, honestly. I realize that there are some people who enjoy the books, but I assume it's more because of the 'blank slate' aspect and less because she's a captivating person.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Even Then

« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2015, 12:18:32 pm »
What pisses me off is that Bella COULD have been good, there was material there. Someone with self-esteem issues who wants to be special, comes into contact with the scary side of the supernatural, is terrified but has the strength to stay there ´because of her love for Edward (which is actual love with fights and serious conversations and baring souls and fighting and anger and making up, not just OH EDWARD YOUR ABS ARE SO GORGEOUS YOU'RE PERFECT AND I CAN FIND NO FLAW IN YOU).

Just... Twilight could've been good. And that makes me sad and angry.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #250 on: October 23, 2015, 01:00:12 pm »
Twilight couldn't have gone any other way it was going to go.  It's Mormon self-insert fan fiction.

Ironbite-and that's all it'll be.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #251 on: October 23, 2015, 01:49:12 pm »
What pisses me off is that Bella COULD have been good, there was material there. Someone with self-esteem issues who wants to be special, comes into contact with the scary side of the supernatural, is terrified but has the strength to stay there ´because of her love for Edward (which is actual love with fights and serious conversations and baring souls and fighting and anger and making up, not just OH EDWARD YOUR ABS ARE SO GORGEOUS YOU'RE PERFECT AND I CAN FIND NO FLAW IN YOU).

Sparkly vampires.

That is all.

Good point.  Forgot that people find Bella Swan to be a compelling, enjoyable character, too.

What.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #252 on: October 23, 2015, 02:18:19 pm »
Sparkly vampires.

That is all.
You can complain all you want about the Twilight books but the writer did manage to make emo vampires even more appealing to teen girls.

"He is soooo beautiful and dark and brooding and *SPARKLY!* SQUEEEEE!!!"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #253 on: October 23, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »

But she isn't even a character!  She's a cardboard cutout.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #254 on: October 23, 2015, 02:33:40 pm »

...say, have you read Luminosity?

yes I just recommended Twilight fanfiction to someone, deal with it
Σא