Author Topic: Creation Museum Opens In Nebraska  (Read 5150 times)

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
Re: Creation Museum Opens In Nebraska
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:07 pm »
I was just thinking about the amusing possibilities of MSTing a museum. How long before anyone serious would realize what was happening and throw us out? XD

My brother and I once did that a modern art museum. Security ended up following us around the entire time, but I'm not sure if it was because we were making fun of the statues or because we were teenagers.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 04:10:22 pm »
Not sure what's worse: the fact that this place exists or the fact that IT ISN'T THE ONLY ONE.

Also, 'creation museum' is a flagrant contradiction of terms.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 02:47:41 am »
I was just thinking about the amusing possibilities of MSTing a museum. How long before anyone serious would realize what was happening and throw us out? XD

What exactly is MSTing?
I assume it is making fun of the creationist amusement park, but what does it involve exactly?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 03:19:34 am »

What exactly is MSTing?
I assume it is making fun of the creationist amusement park, but what does it involve exactly?

It comes from Mystery Science Theatre 3000, which I assume you understand. MSTing is watching a movie, reading a book, playing a video game, riding a theme park attraction, etc. and mocking it as it goes on.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 05:10:53 am »

What exactly is MSTing?

It comes from Mystery Science Theatre 3000, which I assume you understand. MSTing is watching a movie, reading a book, playing a video game, riding a theme park attraction, etc. and mocking it as it goes on.

Basically, think of the last time you watched Jesus Camp with your friends and you all started making snarky-ass comments about it.
....Or if you have the misfortune to watch a movie produced by The Asylum. (which are, incidentally, WONDERFULLY fun to MST because they're already all so laughably outrageously bad on all levels)

I totally approve, but one of you has to get your best redneck voice on and start quoting "Carl Sagan's Cosmos (edited for Rednecks)" -- if I don't hear a line about the earth being [hundruds and hundruds of years old] or analyzing the bones of a [Jesus]saurus Rex then I'm docking you points.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 10:18:53 am »
Jesus Camp? I'm not sure which is stupider, That or the museum.
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »
Jesus Camp? I'm not sure which is stupider, That or the museum.

Jesus Camp is arguably more dangerous.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.