Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 432448 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1020 on: May 01, 2017, 12:45:30 am »
Side note: Trump has been president for over three months... and he's still holding campaign rallies.

Has this ever happened before?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1021 on: May 01, 2017, 01:57:43 am »
Side note: Trump has been president for over three months... and he's still holding campaign rallies.

A leader having political rallies despite not being on a campaign trail? Sure: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Rally
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1022 on: May 01, 2017, 02:01:56 am »

A leader having political rallies despite not being on a campaign trail? Sure: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Rally

It's really sad when Godwin's Law has become a deterministic rather than probabilistic statement.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1023 on: May 01, 2017, 02:06:59 am »
Trump kind of invites it - he made an entire segment on his show calling himself a dictator outright, and he takes a leaf from Hitler's book in how he handles politics in his own party, namely, letting infighting go on and pushing some people out and inviting others to further influence.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1024 on: May 01, 2017, 02:26:18 am »
It's no secret that Trump is a fascist. Any comparisons to historic fascists, especially when he's repeating the kinds of actions they made, is apt.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1025 on: May 01, 2017, 02:40:17 am »
It's no secret that Trump is a fascist. Any comparisons to historic fascists, especially when he's repeating the kinds of actions they made, is apt.

Thing is, the rest of the Republican Party will do pretty much everything he's doing (to some degree or other), only without the overtly fascist bits.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1026 on: May 01, 2017, 03:16:52 am »
Guys like the Republicans have always existed.

The problems start when the overt fascist bits are added, and the strongman shows up.

Once that happens, the mass graves and the concentration camps tend to follow.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1027 on: May 01, 2017, 03:18:43 am »
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes that you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1028 on: May 01, 2017, 03:40:00 am »
So instead of going to the white house correspondence dinner like a mature adult. Trump instead held a rally with his fans in Pennsylvania. His fans took it as Trump flipping off the media. But anyone on the outside can clearly see Trump doesn't want to have his widdle feelings hurt.

Guess you hadn't heard he's going to seek an amendment to the first Amendment then. 

Ironbite-that basically abolished it

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1029 on: May 01, 2017, 03:56:34 am »
I'd compare Donald trying that to Yuan Shu, a random warlord from the 3 Kingdoms Period of China, declaring himself emperor of his own dynasty.

Its political suicide and I hope Trump ends things in such a case like Yuan Shu did.

Offline SomeApe

• Bishop
« Reply #1030 on: May 02, 2017, 04:50:45 am »
Have you seen this?

https://youtu.be/-TCR5oC5ZQs

"Words are less important to me than deeds."

Ahahaha says the guy who promised a lot of stuff of which he hasn't accomplished anything.
just your regular ape

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1031 on: May 02, 2017, 07:45:06 am »
Preaching redemption by acts?  Fucking heretic.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1032 on: May 02, 2017, 07:54:41 am »
https://qz.com/972639/the-us-government-will-avoid-a-shutdown-because-lawmakers-ignored-master-dealmaker-donald-trump/?utm_source=qzfb

MASTER OF THE DEAL! Trump is so good at negotiation that he threatened to shut down the government unless the Democrats vote for his stupid wall.

In response Democrats and Republicans made a budget deal that doesn't have any funding for the wall.

But they aren't shutting down the government either.

Trump had also said he wants to cut ACA. Instead the budget proposes giving more money to it.

And he wanted to cut down disaster relief. So naturally the government is going to spend more money on disaster relief.

THE ART OF THE DEAL! SO MUCH WINNING!

EDIT: Another "win" for Trump regime...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeff-sessions-state-marijuana-laws_us_59077dcde4b0bb2d087023df
None of the funds made available in this Act to the Department of Justice may be used, with respect to any of the States of Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming, or with respect to the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico, to prevent any of them from implementing their own laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana.

In other words, even though Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III wants to crack down on marijuana users he would have to do so on a budget of $0 because the congress is doing the best they can to hinder him.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:35:09 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1033 on: May 02, 2017, 11:30:08 am »
So congress is pretty much turning it's back on Trump at this point since it seems they don't want his stupid wall either. It seems his wall is becoming the next Guantanamo. But I already knew that was probably going to happen. Congress not working with Trump is most likely going to hurt Republicans even more come next mid term.
Meanwhile Trump seems like he would much rather be out campaigning then actually doing the job of president. Because he could at least be in a room where most of the people want to suck his dick and believe the stupid inane bullshit that he rants.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1034 on: May 02, 2017, 12:06:08 pm »
This is essentially because the Republicans didn't want to use reconciliation to force a budget through.

Senate rules allow for only one reconciliation bill per year, and they want to use this year's for killing the ACA.

Hence they needed 60 votes to get a funding resolution passed, which meant they needed ten Democratic Senators to side with them. (Why ten and not eight? Because Rand Paul doesn't vote for budgets that don't balance within four years--which this doesn't--and Ted Cruz doesn't vote for any budgets period because he's trying to be "Mr. Conservative" or something. If they'd used reconciliation, they'd barely pass it, because they'd get 50 votes plus Pence's tiebreaker.) And needing ten Dems means that they can't just look to sway Senators like Joe Manchin, Heidi Heitkamp, or Claire McCaskill--they need ones who aren't trying to win favour in their home states by siding with Trump/Republicans.

Combined with McConnell's unwillingness to kill the legislative filibuster, that gave the Democrats significantly more clout than they had on all the other high-profile votes (which were all executive appointments where the filibuster was either gone already or killed in the process).