Author Topic: Stockholm train company bans shorts; drivers wear skirts instead  (Read 1264 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/06/09/stockholm-men-skirts.html

Commuters on a train line in northern Stockholm were met with an unusual sight this week: male train drivers and conductors wearing skirts to work.

Train driver Martin Akersten says he and more than a dozen others at the Roslagsbanan line have started wearing skirts in the summer as a protest against the train company's uniform policy, which doesn't allow shorts.

Arriva spokesman Tomas Hedenius says the company wants its staff to look "nice and proper," but can't stop men from wearing "women's clothes" if that's what they want because it would be discrimination.

The kicker for me is in the comments (at 5 comments per page, sorted first to last, it's the fourth comment on the third page with its first reply):

Quote from: LizeL_58
Don't they have air conditionning?

Quote from: Onteachamo
Unlike in Canada, people in Sweden (and much of Europe) actually use their legs to move about in a motion called "walking" in an area that is known as "outdoors". I know that may seem foreign to Canadians who are used to going from their garage to a parking building in a motor-vehicle (in a state of permanent air-conditioning). During this experience in the "outdoors" while "walking" the human body tends to overheat easily. Sounds crazy right!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Stockholm train company bans shorts; drivers wear skirts instead
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 06:52:35 pm »
Well played, Swedish train drivers. Well played indeed.
Σא

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 07:40:14 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 07:45:15 pm »
Guys look good in kilts and male-tailored skirts. I love that look, and it's gonna let "the boys" breathe easier than swampy old shorts, anyway.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

wrightway

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:33:31 pm »
Very cool! Good on the boys.